HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Quick Draw Bobby Clarke (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=156739)

donelikedinner 07-31-2005 06:29 PM

Quick Draw Bobby Clarke

since BC was quick to dump LeClair and Amonte, will he pull the trigger on a FA monday? and who will it be?

i'll guess Aucoin. your thoughts?

i am dave 07-31-2005 06:42 PM

I think the FA market will move fast league-wide... as soon as the first market value gets set.

goodrev 07-31-2005 07:03 PM

i hope to god he signs aucoin... likelyness?? close to none, he is gunna fetch quite a hefty dollar come FA and he deserves it, he got snubbed by not getting the norris 2 years ago... i think he is gunna sit in the waters a little while and tread, see what type of boats try and pick him up and what type of room he can get on each of them before he signs so dont count on it being monday

mercury 07-31-2005 07:27 PM

I want Aucoin more than any other UFA defenseman short of Niedermayer, who would hamstring us financially. If Clarke has a crack at him, I hope he seals the deal.

MojoJojo 07-31-2005 07:48 PM

My preference in defensemen hasnt changed.

Foote
Acouin
Zhitnik
Rathje

and maybe Hatcher if he comes cheap.

Also, I hope he doesnt completely cheap out on the 6th 7th D he needs to sign. A mil and he can get a decent player that can log some minutes.

GKJ 07-31-2005 08:50 PM

My top 5 defensemen for the Flyers who will be available

1. Scott Niedermayer (not a great chance now)
2. Adam Foote
3. Adrian Aucoin
4. Bryan Berard
5. Mike Rathje

My only question with Foote is that his durability can be a problem, so we need to be prepared for that. The other 4 guys are able to stay relatively healthy

i am dave 07-31-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

2. Adam Foote
3. Adrian Aucoin
4. Bryan Berard
5. Mike Rathje

My only question with Foote is that his durability can be a problem, so we need to be prepared for that. The other 4 guys are able to stay relatively healthy

Hmm, I'm not too high on Berard. I still have to question his abilities with his vision problems.

John Flyers Fan 07-31-2005 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

2. Adam Foote
3. Adrian Aucoin
4. Bryan Berard
5. Mike Rathje

Substitute Rafalski for Berard and I'd agree.

Nuclear 07-31-2005 08:59 PM

I assume Forsberg wants the max. If not, I hope there would be some chance we'd sign him.

GKJ 07-31-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Substitute Rafalski for Berard and I'd agree.

oops, forgot Rafalski.

Berard I think with the new rules becomes a very good commodity and probably will be cheap.

VaFlyer 07-31-2005 09:09 PM

I haven't seen Hamrlik on anyone's list.

GameFace247SON 07-31-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear
I assume Forsberg wants the max. If not, I hope there would be some chance we'd sign him.

Obviously Forsberg is a gread addition for any squad, but we're too deep up the middle to pay the salary he'll command. But hey, who's to say that Bobby Clarke won't be the lucky bride to the Forsberg-Naslund two-headed groom monster. :cheers:

greatwhite101* 07-31-2005 09:19 PM

Acouin resign Rico for less maybe Satan who is a free agent!!!
Does anyone know anything about free agent Biron who was bought out by Florida??? He has size but his plus minus isn't very good. Maybe if we pair him with Rico he can learn something? Him and Dennis would play 6 and 7th D. Biron should be cheap.

flip588 07-31-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatwhite101
Does anyone know anything about free agent Biron who was bought out by Florida??? He has size but his plus minus isn't very good. Maybe if we pair him with Rico he can learn something?

With that size we need him paired with someone who could teach him how to punish the opposition. Desjardins is not the man for that job.

lynchmob450 07-31-2005 09:58 PM

My top 3 d-men would be:

1 - Scotty N. (a winner who has been limited in the Devils' system...he's got a lot more to offer offensively than what he has shown so far in the NHL)

2 - (YO!!) Adrian Aucoin (the guy is a stud on the PP...and is very capable in his own zone)

3 - Mike Ratje (this big guy has shown signs of being a dominant d-man, but has yet to put it all together...shouldn't be too expensive)

Of course, Foote and Rafalski would be SUPER pick-ups.

(please stay away from punching-bag-face Hatcher. Berard...i'd rather keep Dejardins!)

flip588 07-31-2005 10:12 PM

Rafalski is a good player but does not fill a need for this team. He's too small and easy to knock around. How will he even contend with Joe Thornton in front of the net?

I'll pass.

bobbyboucher24 07-31-2005 10:14 PM

I'd love Niedy, but agree he will cost a lot. In that case, I want Foote signed.

Brad* 07-31-2005 10:28 PM

Berard is terrible in his own end. I can't see Hitchcock tolerating that type of defenseman at all.

FlyHigh 07-31-2005 10:41 PM

Aucoin is by far my No.1, I like Foote a lot, but Aucoin is just a great player who is really underrated.

Brad* 07-31-2005 10:45 PM

If Zubov got $4 million, you can bet Aucoin will too. That would pretty much rule out an forward help. It would be Aucoin and probably a cheap 7th defenseman, and that'd be it. Not neccesarily bad, but all things considered, I don't know if he'd be my first choice.

FlyersHomer DM03 07-31-2005 10:46 PM

satan was let go by buffalo, he's my top choice

Leroyh 08-01-2005 09:09 AM

It seems to me that we have a mobile enough defense, Johnsson and Pitkanen can skate with anyone as well as having Seidenberg in a fourth pairing. Lest anyone forget we play in a power forward laden conference, pray tell, who will be the rugged defenseman who will anchor the defense? Acouin? Berard? Rafalski?

Markov plays big for his size, but he is only 195 lbs..

I think we ought to look for parts to fit team needs, instead of filling wish lists. Foote and Hatcher, both played in the Western Conference, both are tough defenseman, Foote is obviously more mobile than Hatcher, but both will give the team the necessary added dimension, to compete week in and week out, I just dont want to see our guys get muscled down low because we chose finesse over toughness.

We have enough finesse and mobility in the top two pairings and what may be the fourth pairing with Dejardins and Seidenberg.

Johnsson - Markov
Pitkanen - Hatcher
Foote - Desjardins

Seidenberg is your seventh guy.

It does not seem attractive considering the talent available, but thats a defense you can win with night in and night out. The only thing that would prevent this happening is salary demands.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 08-01-2005 09:22 AM

Aucoin would be best but is looking for huge money. Hatcher would be the best option because the price would be right and he can play in Hitch's system. High reward with not much risk if you got him at the right price. Foote would be wonderful and better than Hatcher but if the price tag is 2 million in the difference, I take a chance on Hatcher and hope that Hitch gan light a fire under him.

John Flyers Fan 08-01-2005 09:27 AM

One thing to note is that Aucoin, Rafalski and Foote are all right handed, which would certainly be a plus.

jb** 08-01-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
One thing to note is that Aucoin, Rafalski and Foote are all right handed, which would certainly be a plus.

If we sign 1 of the usual suspects being talked about, Scott Lachance would be a could guy to have as 6th. IMO he is better then Seidenberg at this point
Johnnson/Desjardin
Markov/Pitkannen
Lachance/? f/a.

not bad IMO