HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shero on the radio (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15674)

SmokeyClause 09-30-2003 11:54 AM

Shero on the radio

Coaches very excited about Zidlicky

Very excited about Schnabel, Kloucek.

Hutchinson has had a wonderful camp.

Hartnell is expected to step up like Legwand did last year.

Upshall hasn't been as good in camp as last year but had best game of season against Atlanta.

Tragedy in Atlanta hits close to home. Lots of Preds played with Dan Snyder.

Still not sold on Lasak as the backup...yet.

It was short interview on 104.5 The Zone, but it was informative.

triggrman 09-30-2003 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Coaches very excited about Zidlicky

Very excited about Schnabel, Kloucek.

Hutchinson has had a wonderful camp.

Hartnell is expected to step up like Legwand did last year.

Upshall hasn't been as good in camp as last year but had best game of season against Atlanta.

Tragedy in Atlanta hits close to home. Lots of Preds played with Dan Snyder.

Still not sold on Lasak as the backup...yet.

It was short interview on 104.5 The Zone, but it was informative.

That quote about Hartnell is exciting, I'd love that to happen. I've followed Hutch as long as I have Hall, so I'd like to see him do well.

gopreds98 10-01-2003 07:59 AM

I was really interested in the comments about Lasak.....do you think they're trying to motivate him, or are they really concerned about whether or not he's ready?

I guess the big question if they decide he's not ready and they pick up a goaltender in the waiver draft or a trade is: what happens in Milwaukee? This is supposed to be Finley's year down there, are they now going to have to split time in net?

PredDave 10-01-2003 08:40 AM

(Worst case scenario) If Lasak gets all the playing time in Milwaukee, I wonder if we would be able to send Finley to our Toledo affiliate and hope they could use him there, right? I am fairly sure we re-upped with Toledo for this season as well. So we have two "developmental" teams to use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds98
I was really interested in the comments about Lasak.....do you think they're trying to motivate him, or are they really concerned about whether or not he's ready?

I guess the big question if they decide he's not ready and they pick up a goaltender in the waiver draft or a trade is: what happens in Milwaukee? This is supposed to be Finley's year down there, are they now going to have to split time in net?

barrytrotzsneck 10-01-2003 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds98

that's my only concern, as well.

as far as lasak goes...i love this guy, and i'm rooting for him, but ask yourself this...and realize the coaches have to ask themselves the same questions:
"If Vokoun were to need a break, or god forbid get hurt...would I feel comfortable\secure knowing that Lasak was the starting goaltender?"
At this point...going with my heart...I have to say no. He seems to be BETTER than last year...but he's still making great saves...and then letting in soft goals. We've got to do what's best for the team this season, and if he's not ready...he's not ready. If Milwaukee needs to do the Minnesota and "go with who's hot," we can\should do that.