HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dunham is back!? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=156842)

NYRangers 07-31-2005 11:33 PM

Dunham is back!?

Interesting, a lot of keepers now signed. Look at this tidbit...

"Lundqvist, 23, will battle for playing time with 20-year-old Al Montoya, last year's first-round pick who signed with the organization on Wednesday and veterans Mike Dunham and Kevin Weekes, both restricted free agent who have been given a qualifying offers."

From the NJ.com article posted in the RFA thread. I thought this deserved its own thread. But maybe I'm just an idiot.

BDubinskyNYR17* 07-31-2005 11:35 PM

Dunham is over 30 and will be an UFA.

FLYLine24 07-31-2005 11:36 PM

NO!! We dont need Dunny, We have Weekes who is better the Dunham and we have 2 goalies fighting for a spot in the NHL....I do not want to see 3 goalies in Hartford (which I guess would mean 1 in Charlotte) with Labarbera, Lundqvist and Montoya. If Dunny signs then Sather is truly an idiot.

Radek27 07-31-2005 11:49 PM

Dunham is a UFA.......he doesn't need a qualifier because of his age.

And I think he has the 6 years experience also ;)

broadwayblue 08-01-2005 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
NO!! We dont need Dunny, We have Weekes who is better the Dunham and we have 2 goalies fighting for a spot in the NHL....I do not want to see 3 goalies in Hartford (which I guess would mean 1 in Charlotte) with Labarbera, Lundqvist and Montoya. If Dunny signs then Sather is truly an idiot.

well if we don't sign a second vet goalie we'll need one of Labarbera, Lundqvist and Montoya to pull backup duties with the club. at this point the only one of them i would even want to see in that capacity is Lundqvist, but i'm not sure if he's ready yet considering he hasn't played a game in north america. Montoya obviously isn't ready yet. And Laberbera, well the only reason we'd want him at the Garden was if we were planning on doing everything in our power to finish last this year.

RangerBoy 08-01-2005 06:29 AM

Jason LaBarbera is the odds on favorite to back-up Kevin Weekes

dumpsathernow* 08-01-2005 06:51 AM

Sather probably would bring Dunham in with our new goalie coach along with Weekes and hope this guy gets them playing great which is his history so he can trade him for something. Any kind of pick.

Levitate 08-01-2005 07:13 AM

i'm pretty sure that article is wrong because dunham isn't a RFA. i'm guessing the writer got confused and thought he was and then saw the rangers say they qualified all their RFA's except blackburn, and assumed that meant they were bringing dunham back

dunham has to be signed as an UFA

Fish 08-01-2005 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27
Dunham is a UFA.......he doesn't need a qualifier because of his age.

And I think he has the 6 years experience also ;)

Actually for the purposes of this year...it's still 31 years of age (old Group III) or 10 years of NHL experience (old Group V). Next year it goes down to 29 for UFA