HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Make Qualifying Offers to Eight; Pirnes and Barney Not Qualified (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=156879)

Sam 08-01-2005 02:19 AM

Kings Make Qualifying Offers to Eight; Pirnes and Barney Not Qualified

From today's LATimes
Quote:

The Kings gave qualifying offers to forwards Alexander Frolov, Michael Cammalleri, Noah Clarke, Yanick Lehoux, George Parros and Eric Belanger, defenseman Joe Corvo and goaltender Adam Hauser. They did not make qualifying offers to forwards Esa Pirnes and Scott Barney. They re-signed winger Ryan Flinn last week.

nikolai19 08-01-2005 02:19 AM

Qualifying Offers

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

The important ones were signed. Looks like Pirnes is gonzo.

Now let's go get some FA help.

Belanger25 08-01-2005 02:22 AM

I guess Belanger Wins the Belanger Vs Pirnes Debate.

AnThGrt 08-01-2005 02:23 AM

Never liked Pirnes glad he is gone as for Barney liked him but i can understand the situation. Onl wish he wasn't so injury prone could of been a great player

Tadite 08-01-2005 02:23 AM

"
The Kings gave qualifying offers to forwards Alexander Frolov, Michael Cammalleri, Noah Clarke, Yanick Lehoux, George Parros and Eric Belanger, defenseman Joe Corvo and goaltender Adam Hauser. They did not make qualifying offers to forwards Esa Pirnes and Scott Barney."

To bad to hear about Pirnes. Nice guy but in the end just a depth player. I'm glade to see we resigned Belanger. Hopefully he can stay healthy and help to keep the 3rd line solid.

I hope never to see Corvo again...

nikolai19 08-01-2005 02:24 AM

The only ones that should count against the cap should be Cammy, Belanger, and Frolov. That can't be more than $3 million. We are still in great shape for tomorrow.

nikolai19 08-01-2005 02:25 AM

Can we merge this w/ Sam's?

Kingz4life 08-01-2005 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam

I like what they did and I'm glad they picked Ebell over Pirnes. Hopefully we can keep Barney in our system.

McSorley 33 08-01-2005 02:33 AM

Does anyone know if Barney will play in Manchester like Steckal or no? I really liked Barney, but the dude, no joke has been hurt a total of 4 years! Really to bad!

:kings

FanSince2014 08-01-2005 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite
I hope never to see Corvo again...

Yeah, but see they qualified him.
You may see him again.

Kingz4life 08-01-2005 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getnziggywidit
Yeah, but see they qualified him.
You may see him again.

Yeah, I'm sure we will see him again and I think he's a pretty good 6th or 7th d-man so, I have no problem with this move. He has a great shot if he could get it on net instead of hit board or glass. lol

GKJ 08-01-2005 08:48 AM

I saw Corvo in 3 of the 4 games in AHL finals and he was almost nowhere to be found. The Wolves' PP was horrendous and he was the QB

ReggieMoto 08-01-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I saw Corvo in 3 of the 4 games in AHL finals and he was almost nowhere to be found.

I've never seen him play in the NHL except for the rare game carried on the East coast. But his invisibility when playing in the "A" seems to be his modus operandi. When LA sent down a slew of players - what was it? Three years ago? - at the end of their season in support of the Monarchs playoff efforts, Corvo was the invisible man. He was useless. I suspect his play in Chicago mirrored that to a large degree. He really isn't interested in playing down. I think he tends to hurt the minor league team more than he helps it.

Face Wash 08-01-2005 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
Corvo was the invisible man. He was useless.... I think he tends to hurt the minor league team more than he helps it.

That's not all he tends to hurt... Just ask the woman he assaulted in Boston a couple years ago.

Fat Elvis 08-01-2005 09:36 AM

Thank God we qualified Corvo, that all but solidifies the Cup as ours. For all that is holy and sacred in this life, wtf. He'd be great against a bunch of drunk women, but last I looked we play Anaheim only a few times. Is management saying that there are no better options other than this guy? Well, I guess we still have our whipping boy.

jfont 08-01-2005 09:40 AM

I would have rather the Kings qualify Barney than Corvo...

Albi 08-01-2005 09:51 AM

I'm sorry we didn't qualify Scott, but I understand it's a choice that makes sense.

Reaper45 08-01-2005 09:53 AM

I'm sorry Pirnes wasn't qualified, but bye bye Barney.

jt 08-01-2005 10:34 AM

I'm a little surprised they didn't qualify Barney on a 2-way contract.

I also show Holland, Muir, Rullier and Schmidt and RFA's that needed QO's...anyone know anything about them? Maybe my info is wrong...?

Fat Elvis 08-01-2005 11:00 AM

I feel much better after I took a Corvo, sorry about being a little grumpy. It must have been all the cheese.

King'sPawn 08-01-2005 02:55 PM

I'm slightly disappointed we lost Pirnes... but it was either him or Belanger. I was one who voted that Pirnes is more valuable, but Belanger's no slouch either. I just hope he plays better defensively this season; he pretty much stunk it up.

With the release of Pirnes, we really need to sign one or two penalty killers. Right now the only two decent two-way forwards we have are Frolov and Conroy.

David A. Rainer 08-01-2005 02:59 PM

I echo everyone's sentiments about Barney. That guy, when healthy, was a beast and could, in absolutely all honest, have been a first line forward. If you recall his draft year, he started as a Top 10 (maybe even Top 5) prospect. But once those injuries hit, his value dropped to the 2nd round. Too bad about those injuries. It can strike down even the best of them.

By the Kings not qualifying him, they can still bring him back to Manchester if no one else signs him. So maybe they are just saying that an NHL contract is too risky at this point for Barney but they might love to have him back in Manchester to see if he can overcome the injuries. Just trying to stay optimistic.

jt 08-01-2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

I'm slightly disappointed we lost Pirnes... but it was either him or Belanger. I was one who voted that Pirnes is more valuable, but Belanger's no slouch either. I just hope he plays better defensively this season; he pretty much stunk it up.

With the release of Pirnes, we really need to sign one or two penalty killers. Right now the only two decent two-way forwards we have are Frolov and Conroy.
Trent Klatt isn't a decent two-way forward?

Other than that I agree with you.

Sam 08-01-2005 04:12 PM

Trent Klatt's not a guy who plays on the PK. He averaged 14 seconds per game on the PK in 2003-04, just behind Luc's 15 seconds per game.

kjri 08-01-2005 04:47 PM

hello kings fans

What is the best LA Kings www site? Where do they have the most up to date information about the roster etc.?