HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   David Poile Interview on 104.5 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=156923)

vopatsrash 08-01-2005 08:33 AM

David Poile Interview on 104.5

David Poile on 104.5 at 8:10, after Wycheck requested Forsberg, Poile went on to say....

-just met with coaches and pro scouts this morning and they are ready.

-Parent: skating/puck-handling fits new NHL.

-was "looking at 2 of 3 of o'marra, hanzal, and zagrapan." didn't like what was there at forward and said you can't have too many good defensemen. This makes me think he might have taken Parent over Hanzal even if he were still there.

-"committed to steve sullivan and will try to talk with him about a long term extension later in the week, since he will be a ufa after the season. Wants to bring in a center to complement him and center his line."

-"eaton wanted more and poile thought he was worth QO. mutually decided to see what will happen and if eaton can't get more and the preds can't find someone better, they'll talk again."

-"grand rapids: water under bridge" didn't sound like it though...still clearly agitated. said "mark was loyal to PA but wishes he were loyal to Nashville."

-might catch players/agents off-guard b/c they're not used to Nashville being UFA players. Doesn't know what to expect in terms of players being interested in Nashville as franchise or city.

-zubov set market for foote/gonchar, but not Niedermayer.

Enoch 08-01-2005 09:49 AM

Exactly as I thought, it looks like he is holding a grudge.

Bad decision Poile. You wasted a good asset for nothing.

What kills me is we overpaid Jason York for 2 years, yet we can't pony up 760k to qualify a guy and at least trade him later in the year.

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-01-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Exactly as I thought, it looks like he is holding a grudge.

Bad decision Poile. You wasted a good asset for nothing.

What kills me is we overpaid Jason York for 2 years, yet we can't pony up 760k to qualify a guy and at least trade him later in the year.

Man, for someone who got on me about whining about drafting another defenseman...you're really going on about something that's a lot more fixable\lacks the long term effects on the team...

Enoch 08-01-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Man, for someone who got on me about whining about drafting another defenseman...you're really going on about something that's a lot more fixable\lacks the long term effects on the team...

I know I am really upset about this issue, but its more because we let go somone who very adaquetely fit into our scheme on defense and was cheap. Whats worse is that we didn't get anything for him. Its going to burn watching him play well for other teams, but ah well.....I guess sometimes these things happen. I don't agree with the decision in anyway, but I still do believe management is trying to improve this team.....and not simply just piss away our talent to make the big bucks.

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-01-2005 03:15 PM

Well, like Poile said...he made an offer...and Eaton feels he's worth more. How do we know Eaton\his agent don't look at the minutes he played last year...decided he's a number one d-man...and said, 'we're looking for 1.5 million per year...for three years?'

Is Eaton worth that? No. His qualifying offer was about right.