HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Thursday's game vs. Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15705)

Laperriere22* 09-30-2003 01:24 PM

Thursday's game vs. Dallas

Will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest at 6:30 MST. Those of you with satellite or in the region will be able to watch the Avs for once in the preseason. DirecTV channel 643.

PatrickRoy33 09-30-2003 08:30 PM

Somehow they always get to have about one a year on....usually against the Kings though....

nathan 09-30-2003 08:38 PM

Thx for the heads up. I'll watch it for sure. Been craving to see some televised Avs games...been so long since April...

Hahahah that reminds me. Game 7 against the Wild...I was at the computer lab at school working w/ my group on a project. I tell them I'm going to the bathroom and head straight for the lounge to catch OT :) This girl wants to plug in her laptop and yanks the power to the TV in the lounge. Me and this 1 guy were all yelling "plug it back in!" It was funny when I think about it. Of course, after Brunnette's OT goal, we were all pissed. The guy threw his pen in rage and it went under the couch...that was funny too, but we were all dissapointed.

Hmm..no idea why I brought that up..I just remembered it.

Golden Foppa 10-01-2003 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan
Thx for the heads up. I'll watch it for sure. Been craving to see some televised Avs games...been so long since April...

Hahahah that reminds me. Game 7 against the Wild...I was at the computer lab at school working w/ my group on a project. I tell them I'm going to the bathroom and head straight for the lounge to catch OT :) This girl wants to plug in her laptop and yanks the power to the TV in the lounge. Me and this 1 guy were all yelling "plug it back in!" It was funny when I think about it. Of course, after Brunnette's OT goal, we were all pissed. The guy threw his pen in rage and it went under the couch...that was funny too, but we were all dissapointed.

Hmm..no idea why I brought that up..I just remembered it.

Was sitting in sec 110 and watching Brunete walk in, thought he would slap it from the blue line but the d-men let him walk in alone and the building went silent. Red light didn't come on until the Minnesota team was on the ice. Can't believe that was St. Patty's last game. Dear God why am I reminded of this.

kingbrath 10-01-2003 07:48 PM

Also for those in Canada it is on channel 117(The NHL Channel) on Shaw digital cable!

sweetcad 10-02-2003 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest at 6:30 MST. Those of you with satellite or in the region will be able to watch the Avs for once in the preseason. DirecTV channel 643.

Thanks....been waiting for something to be televised.
Came across NYR & NJD last part of their game last nite...pretty slow but better than nothing!!!;)

Go AVS!!!

DarioinDenver 10-02-2003 07:12 AM

Man, I need a dish when I move into my new house instead of this comcast cable.

Direct TV or Dish Network Lap?

Edit: I should say, Why Direct TV over Dish Network?

sweetcad 10-02-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarioinDenver

I had Dish in my old house and now have Direct TV.....they are about the same. I like Dish for their easier-to-read guide and music channels.
Direct TV has more pay-per-view channels and (seems to) have more sports channels. I have Center Ice and the Sports Package.

Why I went to Direct TV? The dish was already attached to my new house!!!:rolly:

DarioinDenver 10-02-2003 07:42 AM

gah! How do you stay married (if you are). NHL Center ice would be my downfall.

I'm all for more sports with Direct TV.

Over all I would assume that they both beat this comcast/AT&T deal I've been using for the last seven years.

Sakic19 10-02-2003 08:46 AM

Quote:

gah! How do you stay married (if you are). NHL Center ice would be my downfall.

I'm all for more sports with Direct TV.

Over all I would assume that they both beat this comcast/AT&T deal I've been using for the last seven years.

Bah, you'll just have to convert your significant other into a hockey fan like I did. I was comtemplating getting rid of Center Ice this year because I'm now working nights, but the wife wouldn't hear of it.

sweetcad 10-02-2003 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakic19
Bah, you'll just have to convert your significant other into a hockey fan like I did. I was comtemplating getting rid of Center Ice this year because I'm now working nights, but the wife wouldn't hear of it.

Actually, my husband's nephew plays so he puts up with my obsession as long as I keep him up-to-date on Scott's stats!!!:rolly:

And....I will never be able to convert my other half....he's a cowboy!!
And I'm not talking fan either:rolleyes:

Ever known a cowboy to like hockey?http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Sakic19 10-02-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetcad
Actually, my husband's nephew plays so he puts up with my obsession as long as I keep him up-to-date on Scott's stats!!!:rolly:

And....I will never be able to convert my other half....he's a cowboy!!
And I'm not talking fan either:rolleyes:

Ever known a cowboy to like hockey?http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I've never even known a cowboy to understand it, let alone like it.

Also, I've heard of odd couples, but did you hear the one about the hockey fan and the cowboy? My god! :lol:

Enoch 10-02-2003 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenfoppa94
Was sitting in sec 110 and watching Brunete walk in, thought he would slap it from the blue line but the d-men let him walk in alone and the building went silent. Red light didn't come on until the Minnesota team was on the ice. Can't believe that was St. Patty's last game. Dear God why am I reminded of this.

I remember it quite clearly :cry:. Keane and somone else are back and Burnete just goes right through them, they didn't even go after him or forcheck him.....he comes in gives a nice little deke and patty bites...goal.....

I was so mad......especially since i disagreed with the two penalties that the wild scored on to get them into OT.

Oh well, thats playoffs. Everything is on the line, and that is why i love it so much :D

Enoch 10-02-2003 10:00 AM

somone please post updates as I will be missing the game tonight :cry: major exam - 50% of grade :cry:

Laperriere22* 10-02-2003 12:43 PM

Quote:

Well, I went with DirecTV for a couple of reasons. One, I needed three receivers and they were the only one of the two companies offering a three receiver deal at the time. And two, Dish was requiring people to subscribe to HBO/Cinemax along with the basic package of channels for a year or whatever and I didn't want to be forced into a premium package. I pay for one premium package a month on DirecTV and you can switch that package between the Sports , Starz, HBO, Cinemax, and the Showtime packages once a day with no fees. Don't know if Dish allows that or not, but I can watch a different package a day for the whole month for just $12. I like that immensely. And yes, you absolutely will want a dish over cable. My old cable company sucked worse than Jeff Shantz with the puck on his stick in front of the net. There is nothing I miss about cable compared to satellite.

Sakic19 10-02-2003 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Well, I went with DirecTV for a couple of reasons. One, I needed three receivers and they were the only one of the two companies offering a three receiver deal at the time. And two, Dish was requiring people to subscribe to HBO/Cinemax along with the basic package of channels for a year or whatever and I didn't want to be forced into a premium package.

I went with DTV initially because of the availability of NFL Sunday Ticket. Even with that cancelled, you'd have to pry my DirecTivo from my cold lifeless hands before I went to either Dish or cable.

The Mars Volchenkov 10-02-2003 03:13 PM

I have Dish Network and haven't seen a pre-season game yet. A bit disapointed in that...

Smart Alek 10-02-2003 03:19 PM

Anybody know if this game is being broadcast over the internet?

syinura 10-02-2003 03:36 PM

none of the preseason games are, unfortunately

hopefully someone will be providing updates here thou, someone normally does

nathan 10-02-2003 03:38 PM

Watching the game right now.

Sauve is starting in net.

syinura 10-02-2003 03:38 PM

who is playing?

Freudian 10-02-2003 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart Alek
Anybody know if this game is being broadcast over the internet?

http://www.wbap.com/listenlive.asp It's a Dallas broadcast though.

nathan 10-02-2003 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryansiu
who is playing?

Players? I think just about the full lineup

Blake and Skoula are currently a pair.

Modano and Letinen on the same line.

syinura 10-02-2003 03:41 PM

according to Yahoo Sports line up is
R. Blake
A. Foote
P. Forsberg
R. Hahl
D. Hinote
P. Kariya
C. McAllister
C. Mccormick
D. Morris
A. Nikolishin
J. Sakic
T. Selanne
M. Skoula
K. Skrastins
M. Svatos

seems like someone is missing? Liles?

nathan 10-02-2003 03:42 PM

Freakin hell! Stars score within first 2 minutes of the game. Young for Dallas.

D pairing on the ice was Morris and Liles.