HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings sign Kostopoulos to a 2-yr deal... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=157102)

King Blazer 08-01-2005 07:42 PM

Kings sign Kostopoulos to a 2-yr deal...
 
8/1/2005


LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with unrestricted free agent right wing Tom Kostopoulos, Kings Senior Vice President/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today. Per club policy, terms of the agreement were not announced.

It's on www.lakings.com

Captain Ron 08-01-2005 07:44 PM

Nice to see the Kings are going after some star free agents.

King Blazer 08-01-2005 07:47 PM

TK was an All-Star last season...(in Manchester just sayin')

Captain Ron 08-01-2005 07:49 PM

I really do not have a problem with the Kings signing Kostopoulos. But at the moment it seems like a consolation signing. So the Kings front office can say "See........we are signing guys".

KingsFan7824 08-01-2005 07:56 PM

Consolation signing? What? They were going to sign him last summer, but he signed with Manchester so he could play in the case of a lockout. So they made it official.

Old Hickory 08-01-2005 08:03 PM

Good move

King Blazer 08-01-2005 08:22 PM

TK is solid and I think you folks in L.A. are going to like his game...

jt 08-01-2005 09:06 PM

You guys crack me up.

There have been FIVE signings today and you guys are po'd that the Kings signed TK instead of....who? Roberts? Nieuwendyk? Downey? Nazarov?

You guys crack me up.

nocturn 08-01-2005 09:13 PM

Agree KB. I saw him play last December against the Phantoms in Philly. Othert than Brown, TK stood out from the crowd. He has solid speed and looks a hell of lot bigger than a 6'/205er. He did a good job moving bodies around on the boards as well. Only problem I had was he was making "eyes" at my wife during the warm-ups and between periods.:)

Reaper45 08-01-2005 09:13 PM

Glad to finally be able to see him in L.A.

jfont 08-01-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocturn
Agree KB. I saw him play last December against the Phantoms in Philly. Othert than Brown, TK stood out from the crowd. He has solid speed and looks a hell of lot bigger than a 6'/205er. He did a good job moving bodies around on the boards as well. Only problem I had was he was making "eyes" at my wife during the warm-ups and between periods.:)

link? :sarcasm:

McSorley 33 08-01-2005 10:43 PM

I'm cool with the signing! I want to see him play too. :kings

Game Misconduct 08-01-2005 10:59 PM

I have no problem with signing him. He is a good 3rd/4th line player.

AnThGrt 08-01-2005 11:16 PM

..... And that is all our ufa pick ups for this year

Fielddog 08-02-2005 12:10 AM

Wow it's already been 8 hours since the start of FA's and already people are bagging on DT. :rolleyes:

TonySCV 08-02-2005 12:18 AM

I like the signing - I like TK's game. Good to see DT pick up a solid 3-4th liner.

kingsfan 08-02-2005 01:27 AM

It's a good signing and as far as the people getting bent about LA not getting any 'stars', only one current star has went thus far, and that's Foote. And frankly, at 4.5 mill per, I'd rather pass on him. He'd have been perfect in LA, but I'll wait and see if anyone comes along a little cheaper first thanks.

If the modano's, kariya's, neidermayer's and the other top 20-30 names out their go and LA doesn't land one, than maybe we can start whining. Till than, sit back and enjoy the wait. pateince is a virtue after all.

TonySCV 08-02-2005 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan
It's a good signing and as far as the people getting bent about LA not getting any 'stars', only one current star has went thus far, and that's Foote. And frankly, at 4.5 mill per, I'd rather pass on him. He'd have been perfect in LA, but I'll wait and see if anyone comes along a little cheaper first thanks.

If the modano's, kariya's, neidermayer's and the other top 20-30 names out their go and LA doesn't land one, than maybe we can start whining. Till than, sit back and enjoy the wait. pateince is a virtue after all.

I'd hope forwards are higher on the FA priority list than D-men. Granted, Foote's a stud, but I'd rather see us stock up our forwards first, and if there's money left, go after a d-man.

- T

Albi 08-02-2005 01:43 AM

Welcome to LA-LA Land TK

PuckHead27 08-02-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan
It's a good signing and as far as the people getting bent about LA not getting any 'stars', only one current star has went thus far, and that's Foote. And frankly, at 4.5 mill per, I'd rather pass on him. He'd have been perfect in LA, but I'll wait and see if anyone comes along a little cheaper first thanks.

I agree, TK is a good signing. I was happy when they signed him for the Monarchs last season and I'm happy to see him get a shot on the Kings this season.

I agree, I think Foote was a bit overpaid. What did he make his last season on the Avs?

jt 08-02-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuckHead27
I agree, I think Foote was a bit overpaid. What did he make his last season on the Avs?

$4.3 mil in 03-04 and he would have made $4.4 mil pre-lockout.

nikolai19 08-02-2005 02:47 AM

Great replacement for a guy like Laperriere. He'll be a very popular guy in LA along with Avery. Not afraid of many people.

Sam 08-02-2005 02:33 PM

nhlpa.com has Kostopoulos' 2005-06 salary as $525,000.

Face Wash 08-02-2005 02:42 PM

NHLPA also has Garon and Robitaille as unsigned.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.