HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Waived: Taylor Pyatt - Claimed By Pitt 1/2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1572117)

UDnyr92 01-01-2014 11:01 AM

Taylor Pyatt - Claimed By Pitt 1/2
 
Quote:

Rangers place Taylor Pyatt on waivers...likely means that Callahan will be ready Fri in Pitt or Sat in Tor
-- @NYP_Brooksie

stenis22 01-01-2014 11:04 AM

I bet he'll clear :p

Let Blaine Die 01-01-2014 11:07 AM

Another Sather A+ FA signing.

Vidic15* 01-01-2014 11:07 AM

Good. Callahan needs to showcase his talent (shot-blocking) to all the attending scouts.

Hunter Gathers 01-01-2014 11:11 AM

Fine with this move. Although now it would appear we'd need to be moving a D-man. Or are we really going to roll with 8?

slipknottin 01-01-2014 11:22 AM

Shocked. Totally shocked

Riverdale 01-01-2014 11:27 AM

He'll probably clear.

silverfish 01-01-2014 11:28 AM

Why is Brooks the only one reporting this? Hell, Gross has even tweeted since noon and it was just to tell us he's travelling and will update on team USA later :facepalm:

No report from Lavoie, McKenzie, or Dreger either who are usually all over the waiver wire.

Guess everyone is caught up in the Winter Classic? :dunno:

He'll clear.

Vitto79 01-01-2014 11:43 AM

So Pyatt joins asham and powe on 1 way deals in minors . Highly doubt he's claimed

KingStian 01-01-2014 12:10 PM

I won't exactly cry myself to sleep if someone claims him.

RangersHank* 01-01-2014 12:28 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if someone claims him. How much does this save us?

Ail 01-01-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersHank (Post 77110983)
I wouldnt be surprised if someone claims him. How much does this save us?

I would. He hasn't looked like an engaged player in a long time. Certainly not in his tenure here. A team desperate for some bottom-6th depth, maybe, but it seems teams are bringing up their kids to fill those roles. (Except the Rangers. :laugh:)

RangersHank* 01-01-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailurophile (Post 77111469)
I would. He hasn't looked like an engaged player in a long time. Certainly not in his tenure here. A team desperate for some bottom-6th depth, maybe, but it seems teams are bringing up their kids to fill those roles. (Except the Rangers. :laugh:)

Edmonton maybe? They have kids that need some veteran help

NewLife 01-01-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 77108341)
Why is Brooks the only one reporting this? Hell, Gross has even tweeted since noon and it was just to tell us he's travelling and will update on team USA later :facepalm:

No report from Lavoie, McKenzie, or Dreger either who are usually all over the waiver wire.

Guess everyone is caught up in the Winter Classic? :dunno:

He'll clear.

Because nobody cares about Pyatt?

Megustaelhockey 01-01-2014 12:52 PM

I'm sure he's a lovely person, but he's not right for our team.

Vitto79 01-01-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersHank (Post 77110983)
I wouldnt be surprised if someone claims him. How much does this save us?

cant they bury 900K so that means 600 K still on the cap. Almost a million with Powe and Asham in wasted cap space

Raspewtin 01-01-2014 12:58 PM

He'll clear unfortunately.

Thirty One 01-01-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersHank (Post 77110983)
I wouldnt be surprised if someone claims him. How much does this save us?

$625,000 cap hit if he's demoted. Saves $925,000.

Dagoon44 01-01-2014 01:12 PM

Maybe Coyotes or Vancouver take a flyer on him..Maybe

Clausewitz 01-01-2014 01:25 PM

Might as well ...

Hunter Gathers 01-01-2014 01:26 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see him clear but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him claimed. 50/50 I'd say.

Thirty One 01-01-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 77115337)
I wouldn't be surprised to see him clear but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him claimed. 50/50 I'd say.

Really? I was thinking more along the lines of 98/2.

Kane One 01-01-2014 01:33 PM

He was up with the Rangers? Was he scratched all the time or something? Because I honestly don't think I heard his name in at least a month.

Idlerlee 01-01-2014 01:38 PM

I hope he's claimed, he deserves a chance somewhere, and its not with the Rangers

3rdlineglory 01-01-2014 01:38 PM

But I thought AV "loved" him...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.