HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stuff Happening Behind the Scenes - What's going on that we don't know? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1572433)

Lshap 01-01-2014 05:29 PM

Stuff Happening Behind the Scenes - What's going on that we don't know?

Forget "Ole ole ole". Habs fans official chant should be: "It doesn't make sense!" We live in a constant state of bewilderment over how the Habs are playing, how players are used and how the coach is coaching.

But maybe some of it does make sense, but for reasons we're not privy to. Who knows what's percolating under the surface. Is someone secretly playing hurt? Which player is unhappy with his role, or looking to be traded, or at odds with Therrien? Has Therrien lost the room and thisclose to being fired? Has Bergevin approached Gionta/Markov/Briere/whomever about being traded? Is there a hidden reason why this player is overused and that player underused?

Sure, some of what we're seeing on the ice is due to hot and cold streaks, luck, and the limits of individual skill. But how much of Montreal's head-shaking, mystifying and totally perplexing on-ice performance is due to forces off the ice, behind the scenes?

My "Behind the Scenes" guess: The players have stopped responding to Therrien. The team looks disorganized and unmotivated, problems that can be traced to the top. Therrien has never been a creative or innovative coach, and while his change of tone worked nicely for about 75 games, his message has become stale and the players have gone on auto-pilot.

Bergevin knows it, Therrien feels it, but instead of a fresh start, we're seeing desperation, which further erodes the player/coach relationship.

What issue do you think is happening behind-the-scenes?

cjbhab* 01-01-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lshap (Post 77135315)
Forget "Ole ole ole". Habs fans official chant should be: "It doesn't make sense!" We live in a constant state of bewilderment over how the Habs are playing, how players are used and how the coach is coaching.

But maybe some of it does make sense, but for reasons we're not privy to. Who knows what's percolating under the surface. Is someone secretly playing hurt? Which player is unhappy with his role, or looking to be traded, or at odds with Therrien? Has Therrien lost the room and thisclose to being fired? Has Bergevin approached Gionta/Markov/Briere/whomever about being traded? Is there a hidden reason why this player is overused and that player underused?

Sure, some of what we're seeing on the ice is due to hot and cold streaks, luck, and the limits of individual skill. But how much of Montreal's head-shaking, mystifying and totally perplexing on-ice performance is due to forces off the ice, behind the scenes?

My "Behind the Scenes" guess: The players have stopped responding to Therrien. The team looks disorganized and unmotivated, problems that can be traced to the top. Therrien has never been a creative or innovative coach, and while his change of tone worked nicely for about 75 games, his message has become stale and the players have gone on auto-pilot.

Bergevin knows it, Therrien feels it, but instead of a fresh start, we're seeing desperation, which further erodes the player/coach relationship.

What issue do you think is happening behind-the-scenes?

Well eklund seems to think the dressing room is in absolute shambles.. and he's the only one not too ***** to report it.

Des Louise 01-01-2014 05:59 PM

My worst fear is that Pacioretty wants to be traded because he wants to live in the states. There has been a lot of rumblings about Pacioretty and I'm just worried something is going on behind the scenes.

Tyson 01-01-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E = CH² (Post 77137109)
My worst fear is that Pacioretty wants to be traded because he wants to live in the states. There has been a lot of rumblings about Pacioretty and I'm just worried something is going on behind the scenes.

He nows knows his 6 year deal is not a good deal for him in comparison to his peers. He could be thinking about the states for tax purposes. Pure speculation

WhiskeySeven* 01-01-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbhab (Post 77136883)
Well eklund seems to think the dressing room is in absolute shambles.. and he's the only one not too ***** to report it.

Link? Source?

It would only vindicate me.... Fkn Gionta, what a piece of ****.

Happy new year everyone!!

Edit: everytime I think about this team and organization I only get mad. I shouldn't be on here while on vacation... In either case I won't have consistent wifi from tomorrow on (dunno where I'm sleeping in a few days... Brazilians of HF help me) but god damn is being a Habs fan agonizing.

Simple organizational faults to blame... Constantly. We can never have a level playing field it seems, and with that I commiserate with Leafs fans.

Yknow who's at fault? Geoff fkn Molson. Comes in promising change and keeps the same ******* leadership and ******* staff and ******* policies. How is Bergevin a new GM if he keeps literally everything of the old regime, right down to the smurf fetish??

**** this organization, they don't deserve us.

Frozenice 01-01-2014 06:40 PM

Dudley: Bergy, your shirt looks great!

MB: Thanks. Finally someone who gets what's really important.

Dudley: No problem, complimenting you is a lot easier then fixing that mess called Buffalo.

MB: So true. Think I'll go hit the sauna for a while, pm for where we should go for lunch.

Dudley: Chinese or Paleo?

MB: No time for that now, got to go.

Habsawce 01-01-2014 06:45 PM

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-conten...s1-640x381.jpg

This is what's really oging on behidn the scenes. AKA, nadda.

The Russian General 01-01-2014 06:52 PM

If I knew, I would tell you.

Souffle 01-01-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 77139505)
http://www.extremetech.com/wp-conten...s1-640x381.jpg

This is what's really oging on behidn the scenes. AKA, nadda.

"It was the best of times, it was the blorst of times."

LyricalLyricist 01-01-2014 07:52 PM

I don't think anything is happening behind the scenes. Probably a few guys frustrated with their production or want more ice time or whatever. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not like we're fight for a spot right now so it's a lot easier to handle day to day grind when you're in a safe spot.

Craig71 01-01-2014 08:21 PM

Price must be in a different dressing room than the rest of them. He has been dynamite this year, he is the only thing that's keeping us ahead of Buffalo and Edmonton.:cry:

Jack Bourdain 01-01-2014 08:25 PM

Some days I just want to burn HF to the ground.

Lshap 01-01-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain (Post 77144185)

Ah-hah! Sounds like an undercurrent of behind-the-scenes hostility!

SquiddFX 01-01-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Speaking like a real Rafi.

Frozenice 01-01-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

That's why they invented child-proof lighters.

Hullois 01-01-2014 09:47 PM

Last time I checked we were tied for 3rd in the east. I'd say they are doing an ok job behind the scenes.

Andy 01-01-2014 09:50 PM

I have no idea, but all I know is that it's the first time ever that I have lost interest in the performance of this club.

For all the alienating that Gauthier did, I've never felt so distant emotionally from the club as I have this season under Therrien and Bergevin.

Hard to identify with a team that doesn't have an immediate identity, no apparent/explicit/obvious vision or direction. Lastly, the amount of perceived favoritism is hard to digest.

Smokey Thompson 01-01-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 77148287)
I have no idea, but all I know is that it's the first time ever that I have lost interest in the performance of this club.

For all the alienating that Gauthier did, I've never felt so distant emotionally from the club as I have this season under Therrien and Bergevin.

Hard to identify with a team that doesn't have an immediate identity, no apparent/explicit/obvious vision or direction. Lastly, the amount of perceived favoritism is hard to digest.

I sadly have to agree with you here...

Kobe Armstrong 01-01-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven (Post 77138631)
Link? Source?

It would only vindicate me.... Fkn Gionta, what a piece of ****.

Happy new year everyone!!

Edit: everytime I think about this team and organization I only get mad. I shouldn't be on here while on vacation... In either case I won't have consistent wifi from tomorrow on (dunno where I'm sleeping in a few days... Brazilians of HF help me) but god damn is being a Habs fan agonizing.

Simple organizational faults to blame... Constantly. We can never have a level playing field it seems, and with that I commiserate with Leafs fans.

Yknow who's at fault? Geoff fkn Molson. Comes in promising change and keeps the same ******* leadership and ******* staff and ******* policies. How is Bergevin a new GM if he keeps literally everything of the old regime, right down to the smurf fetish??

**** this organization, they don't deserve us.

Engage with some Brazilian girls for me, bro!! Have a great vacation you deserve it.

LyricalLyricist 01-01-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 77148287)

I felt detached on 3rd last finish. I feel hmm, realistic, not optimistic regarding our chances this year. As such I get less invested but still in there hoping we can see a little move to improve the fit of the team. Until then, I'll be invested but not all out.

MsChanandlerBong 01-01-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig71 (Post 77144005)
Price must be in a different dressing room than the rest of them. He has been dynamite this year, he is the only thing that's keeping us ahead of Buffalo and Edmonton.:cry:

and Ottawa, and Toronto, and Detroit, and Florida...you guys need to just calm down. We're 3rd in Atlantic :help:

Saintpatrick* 01-02-2014 12:48 AM

IMHO MT is a twit if MB takes a step back and stop being so buddy buddy with his coach he would see that. Max Pac is an incredible asset to the team if he were to have another coach he would really shine on this team and they can't afford to trade him without getting something really good in return. If the team slips in the standings its time to either hire someone new based on qualifications only or get Boucher back in the organization and groom him for the job.

Scriptor 01-02-2014 02:31 AM

Montreal needs to be a sacrificing team that plays as ONE to succeed. Third in The Atlantic may exactly be the problem. There doesn't appear to be any urgency, period. It's not like they are fighting for a playoff spot with few games left to play.

Even if they struggle a bit and keep playing .500 hockey, they will most likely be safe to make the playoffs. Given that there might well be undisclosed injuries, some players are likely taking the foot off the pedal, preferring to avoid bruising before the playoffs.

It may take a few more consecutive losses (without the extra point) to see more inspired play from The Habs….

MoldyCakes 01-02-2014 03:00 AM

Briere must be wondering how was Bergevin and Therrien able to hoodwink him into playing for Montreal against his better judgment, the same brain who wisely avoid the Habs once before.

The DD clique: Therrien, Bergevin, Pacioretty, and everyone else who matters in the organization. Molson must clean house if we are to be rid of this deadweight...

S Bah 01-02-2014 07:12 AM

I don't care what they do behind the scenes as long as the Habs are in 4th in the East, I'm a happy camper. If they trade Bourque for Ritchie, I'd be really happy, throw in Diaz for Dallas's 1st round pick and get Nick Ritchie as well with the pick, I'd be ecstatic. The Habs could really use two big talented wingers like the Ritchie Bros.:handclap: