HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers signed Jon Sim (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=157266)

blah 08-02-2005 05:52 AM

Flyers signed Jon Sim

League minimum, listed on NHLPA.com.

Somebody on OnB.net also says Wayne Primeau was at the Flyers offices, then there's the BC qoute in the other thread about a possible announcement today...

Art Vandelay 08-02-2005 06:06 AM

Linky:

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...hy.asp?ID=6208

swflyers8* 08-02-2005 06:16 AM

Wayne is just about as big as his brother:

Height: 6-4 Weight: 230

Don't know if he is the signing though. :dunno:

blah 08-02-2005 06:25 AM

Might want to take that with a mountain of salt, since he could've been there just to see Keith.

swflyers8* 08-02-2005 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Might want to take that with a mountain of salt, since he could've been there just to see Keith.

Hasn't Preems been in Toronto for family stuff? Why go to the Flyers office. He is a UFA, you never know.

Steve L* 08-02-2005 06:30 AM

So Sim is the 13th forward then, we could have done a lot worse. Now there could be an announcement today according to Clarke, probably Hatcher IMO.

blah 08-02-2005 06:34 AM

If there is one today I hope it's not Hatcher, because that'd mean they outbid like 10 other teams and that'd mean around 4 mil for him.

swflyers8* 08-02-2005 06:37 AM

Who else do you want it to be?

blah 08-02-2005 06:41 AM

Wayne Primeau? I don't know, I just don't think Hatcher is worth 4 mil, even if he would fill a need.

Brad* 08-02-2005 06:53 AM

Quote:

Wayne Primeau? I don't know, I just don't think Hatcher is worth 4 mil, even if he would fill a need.

I doubt he gets that much considering the year he had.

blah 08-02-2005 06:55 AM

You'd think that'd be the case, but you never know, there has to be some signifigant interest now that Foote is gone. Hatcher getting 4 to 4.5 mil would not surprise me at all after see what Zubov and Foote got.

Brad* 08-02-2005 06:57 AM

Well Foote got $4.5 Mil largely because Columbus has very few high salary players, they can afford to pay him that much. Foote was one of the top FA's this year, one of the most sought after defenseman - if he commanded $4.5 I just can't see Hatcher getting over $4. We'll see...

blah 08-02-2005 06:59 AM

Why not? Hatcher is now the best defensive/crease clearing dman out there right?

Brad* 08-02-2005 07:04 AM

Maybe, but not all teams need a "crease clearing" defenseman. Most teams will be looking at Niedermayer, Gonchar, Aucoin, Leetch, and maybe even Rathje before they look at Hatcher. Foote and Zubov got around $4.5 million, but they're legit top 1/2 defenseman; at this point, coming off a season with an injury that went poorly, Hatcher is not considered to be that.

stanley 08-02-2005 08:00 AM

I like this kind of signing. NHL depth at the minimum salary - and a guy who really produced in some key situations for the Phantoms. I'm not sure if he has a waiver-exempt contract, but getting guys who can perform at minimum prices really helps this year and long-term when it comes to signing top-end players. In this new NHL, role (read: cheap, reliable if unspectacular) players are more important than ever. It's like...Moneypuck.

Fiscal responsiblity is the word.

Well, it's two words. Work with me here.

Stonehands77 08-02-2005 08:03 AM

Quote:

Why not? Hatcher is now the best defensive/crease clearing dman out there right?

I think the other reason his price may come down is his last year with Detroit was not what one would call "stellar", and there are questions lingering about his knee injury. Hopefully that makes him more affordable, and it also is why people are rating Mike Rathje higher than him...less of an injury risk, more of a steady player. But it appears that perhaps the Flyers have both??? Man, if so, Bobby Clarke may be busy trying to lock up GM of the year early. :amazed:

blah 08-02-2005 03:12 PM

Anybody else wish they announced the signing of Wayne Primeau instead of the cluster**** of bad moves they did announce?

Brad* 08-02-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Anybody else wish they announced the signing of Wayne Primeau instead of the cluster**** of bad moves they did announce?

Signing Hatcher and Rathje were not bad moves. The only bad move was trading Markov; for which the only logical explanation would be there was something going on we don't know.

FlyersHomer DM03 08-02-2005 06:28 PM

i like sim, does what somik did, cheap, clarke used "agitator", i wish sim would play and brashear would be disposed of and we could sign someone else but whatever

blah 08-02-2005 11:01 PM

Brashear for Huselius would make my day. Keenan seems to be way down on him.