HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pop quiz: Who leads the Flyers in shots per game? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1572679)

Damaged Goods 01-02-2014 12:13 AM

Pop quiz: Who leads the Flyers in shots per game?
 
It's multiple choice.

Azir 01-02-2014 12:28 AM

I guess Hartsy.

no cheatin :)

Sawdalite 01-02-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 (Post 77155201)
I guess Hartsy.

no cheatin :)

I agree... Didn't cheat. :shakehead

Winston Wolf 01-02-2014 12:50 AM

You have two different questions in the thread title and poll.

Giroux plays so much more than every other forward that he has to be the shots leader, although I do remember Hartnell getting like 3 shots blocked each game while playing with Giroux, if you're talking about attempts.

Damaged Goods 01-02-2014 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston Wolf (Post 77155785)
You have two different questions in the thread title and poll.

Giroux plays so much more than every other forward that he has to be the shots leader, although I do remember Hartnell getting like 3 shots blocked each game while playing with Giroux, if you're talking about attempts.

I didn't mean attempts in the Corsi sense, sorry for the confusion. Talking SOG.

Ryker 01-02-2014 01:23 AM

Well, it's Giroux, although I wonder what the punchline will be.

Flyerfan4life 01-02-2014 01:34 AM

well theres NO way its vorachek...

hes allergic to shooting

Ryker 01-02-2014 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life (Post 77156773)
well theres NO way its vorachek...

hes allergic to shooting

And then you go and pick Lecavalier :laugh:

Sawdalite 01-02-2014 01:42 AM

...And Vinny has such a good % of shots scored that he can't be taking the most shots, yet still not lead the team in Goals... although I suppose missing all those games could effect that.

Beef Invictus 01-02-2014 02:25 AM

Fixed poll title for consistency.

Then I voted.

1865 01-02-2014 06:04 AM

I picked Simmonds. It's got to be him of Vinny? First thought was Schenn though.

DrinkFightFlyers 01-02-2014 08:05 AM

Picked Hartnell because he seemed like he's the no chance kind of answer and this poll would be kind of pointless unless it was a no chance kind of poll.

FlyersFan61290 01-02-2014 08:27 AM

Giroux, he plays like a minute and a half more then the next Flyers forward on the team. The only two close (Read and Couturier) get heavy defensive minutes which would obviously limit their SOG or at least I would imagine. I can almost guarantee though that for the amount of ice time he gets G should have more SOG if compared to some other Flyers/top players around the league.

Edit: Also the only real options in my mind were Giroux and Voracek just cause people say they need to shoot more. So if it weren't one of those two I really wouldn't get the point to the "pop quiz".

4thline4life 01-02-2014 09:06 AM

It's giroux..

StoneHands 01-02-2014 09:22 AM

I'm confused by this thread. Is there a point?

Spoiler alert: The answer is Giroux.

I'm waiting for some kind of witty response from the OP but I can't think of what it would be.

Ryker 01-02-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneHands (Post 77165549)
I'm waiting for some kind of witty response from the OP but I can't think of what it would be.

I'm very eager to find out what it is, as well.

I think it might be a ploy to lure Flyerfan4life in, see his vote and then throw it in his face for his silly comment in the Rinaldo thread :)

Or it might be that every one of those shoots more than Raffl? But I don't know how that would fuel the OP's dislike of the latter.

I'm really running out of ideas here.

Flyerfan4life 01-02-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryker (Post 77171627)
I'm very eager to find out what it is, as well.

I think it might be a ploy to lure Flyerfan4life in, see his vote and then throw it in his face for his silly comment in the Rinaldo thread :)

Or it might be that every one of those shoots more than Raffl? But I don't know how that would fuel the OP's dislike of the latter.

I'm really running out of ideas here.

hey man, not all of us follow the herd..

i likes the underdog..

Zac-attack fan 4 life, hahaha

joez86 01-02-2014 03:06 PM

voted simmonds because i thought giroux would be too obvious. awaiting the gotcha moment.

tuckrr 01-02-2014 04:14 PM

its gotta be G

joez86 01-02-2014 05:57 PM

Was bored, so here is the whole team as of today:

Player Team Pos GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW OT SS% TOI/G Sft/G FO% Shots/G
                   
Claude GirouxPHIC4011263712430401149.621:072651.42.85
Scott HartnellPHIL36811193313000100816:3620.928.62.777777778
Jakub VoracekPHIR40918272640001018.917:2522.1802.525
Matt ReadPHIR3910919-7801208911.219:2924.921.42.282051282
Wayne SimmondsPHIR40121426-66560109113.216:0720.702.275
Vincent LecavalierPHIC279615-92150105815.516:2721.146.92.148148148
Sean CouturierPHIC40711180290120838.419:2725.547.22.075
Kimmo TimonenPHID40210124240010772.621:0528.901.925
Brayden SchennPHIC409152433930307412.215:4219.940.41.85
Steve DowniePHIR23210123332000395.114:5219.3501.695652174
Michael RafflPHIL2829112140000434.713:30191001.535714286
Mark StreitPHID40513180281010618.220:0925.501.525
Braydon CoburnPHID40448-2420120567.122:5829.801.4
Tye McGinnPHIL6303140000837.512:3917.201.333333333
Maxime TalbotPHIC11112120000147.115:0820.961.51.272727273
Andrej MeszarosPHID20134-124000025416:5124.601.25
Erik GustafssonPHID20257420000248.316:5522.801.2
Luke SchennPHID37325-627000043716:1923.101.162162162
Nicklas GrossmannPHID39077-225000030019:3826.600.769230769
Adam HallPHIR38112-7110100283.69:2515.459.40.736842105
Zac RinaldoPHIC40011-129200002107:2310.4500.525
Jay RosehillPHIL22101-4590000812.54:25700.363636364
Chris VandeVeldePHIC6011-120000206:4010.342.30.333333333
Kris NewburyPHIC4011070000105:017.842.90.25
Hal GillPHID4000-2200000013:102000

Sniped 01-02-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix (Post 77187611)
voted simmonds because i thought giroux would be too obvious. awaiting the gotcha moment.

Same exact thinking. :laugh:

Sawdalite 01-02-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix (Post 77196279)
Was bored, so here is the whole team as of today:

Player Team Pos GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW OT SS% TOI/G Sft/G FO% Shots/G
                   
Claude GirouxPHIC4011263712430401149.621:072651.42.85
Scott HartnellPHIL36811193313000100816:3620.928.62.777777778
Jakub VoracekPHIR40918272640001018.917:2522.1802.525
Matt ReadPHIR3910919-7801208911.219:2924.921.42.282051282
Wayne SimmondsPHIR40121426-66560109113.216:0720.702.275
Vincent LecavalierPHIC279615-92150105815.516:2721.146.92.148148148
Sean CouturierPHIC40711180290120838.419:2725.547.22.075
Kimmo TimonenPHID40210124240010772.621:0528.901.925
Brayden SchennPHIC409152433930307412.215:4219.940.41.85
Steve DowniePHIR23210123332000395.114:5219.3501.695652174
Michael RafflPHIL2829112140000434.713:30191001.535714286
Mark StreitPHID40513180281010618.220:0925.501.525
Braydon CoburnPHID40448-2420120567.122:5829.801.4
Tye McGinnPHIL6303140000837.512:3917.201.333333333
Maxime TalbotPHIC11112120000147.115:0820.961.51.272727273
Andrej MeszarosPHID20134-124000025416:5124.601.25
Erik GustafssonPHID20257420000248.316:5522.801.2
Luke SchennPHID37325-627000043716:1923.101.162162162
Nicklas GrossmannPHID39077-225000030019:3826.600.769230769
Adam HallPHIR38112-7110100283.69:2515.459.40.736842105
Zac RinaldoPHIC40011-129200002107:2310.4500.525
Jay RosehillPHIL22101-4590000812.54:25700.363636364
Chris VandeVeldePHIC6011-120000206:4010.342.30.333333333
Kris NewburyPHIC4011070000105:017.842.90.25
Hal GillPHID4000-2200000013:102000


Thank you, Mr. Party Police... nice way to douse water on the fire of an intense game. :sarcasm:

joez86 01-02-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawdalite (Post 77198299)
Thank you, Mr. Party Police... nice way to douse water on the fire of an intense game. :sarcasm:

:laugh:

to be fair, people should vote before reading the thread. Especially that far into it. :naughty:

Sawdalite 01-02-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix (Post 77199193)
:laugh:

to be fair, people should vote before reading the thread. Especially that far into it. :naughty:

People should do a lot of things. :laugh:

Damaged Goods 01-02-2014 11:33 PM

Pencils down!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix (Post 77187611)
voted simmonds because i thought giroux would be too obvious. awaiting the gotcha moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryker (Post 77156561)
Well, it's Giroux, although I wonder what the punchline will be.

The punchline is that after tonight's game, Scott Hartnell is the Flyers current leader in shots per game (2.81) over Claude Giroux (2.80) :laugh:

Appleyard, BackWithaVengeance, Beef Invictus, BrianBoyle, Curufinwe, FlyersFan61290, GoneFullHolmgren, KimiFerrari, LEIFey, orange is better, OzFlyer, poneill27, Protest, RevUpThoseGolfCarts, Ryker, santapore, StoneHands, TheIceman26, tuckrr, WACCAttack, whatthef, Winston Wolf, Zod, 96, BillDineen, FLYguy3911, Philadelphia Ducks, SOTWVoracek, 1865, Bordkant, BreadTM, Cromster, Don Nachbaur 26, flyers0909, GiggityGiggityGoo, GingerFetish, Giroux tha Damaja, I3oySetsFire, JackStraw, JDinklage Morgoone, kolankosf, Legion of Goon, Sniped, solidmotion, Tripod, xifentoozlerix, BrindamoursNose, Flyerfan4life, GagneHanson12, Gags1288, and thelos...

...see me after class.

AaronTrieu, bardeerkt, dawkins121, DrinkFightFlyers, Jtown, Sawdalite, SuchySays, Thrasher T, Tpinheiro4 and zarley zelepukin, you are excused.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.