HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Threads Merged: 2005-06 Roster (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=157373)

bennysflyers16 08-02-2005 10:03 AM

With The Cap
 
As it sits today with the new D'men, are we a better team than last year with a lower payroll ???? I think so. Any you guys want to create some potential line-ups, I am busy at work , not much time today for internet.

Cheers

Art Vandelay 08-02-2005 10:06 AM

Flyers complete roster
 
This is what i got, is it correct ?

Wingers:
Jeremy Roenick 4.94
Donald Brashear 1.748
Sami Kapanen 1.52
Michael Knuble 1.52
Turner Stevenson 1.254
Jon Sim .45
Stefan Ruzicka .45
Triston Grant .45
(RFA) Branko Radivojevic
(RFA) Simon Gagne

Centers:
Keith Primeau 3.42
Michal Handzus 2.128
Jeff Carter .942
Mike Richards .942
(RFA) Patrick Sharp

Defense:
Mike Rathje 3.5
Derian Hatcher 3.293
Eric Desjardins 2.28
Alexandre Picard .45
Chris Therien .5
Joni Pitkanen ??
(RFA) Kim Johnson
(RFA) Randy Jones
(RFA) Freddy Meyer
(RFA) David Printz
(RFA) Dennis Seidenberg
(RFA) Wade Skolney

Goalie:
Antero Nittymaki ??
Rejean Beauchemin .45
(RFA) Robert Esche

= 30.2 million

John Flyers Fan 08-02-2005 10:08 AM

I'd go with

Knuble - Carter - Roenick
Gagne - Handzus - Sharp
Kapanen - Primeau (C)- Radivojevic
Brashear - Richards - Stevenson

Johnsson - Hatcher
Pitkanen - Rathje
Desjardins - Seidenberg

Extras: Therien & Sim

Umberger would also be reasy if a long-term injury to a forward happened.

Primeau will be the captain, and I think you'll see two of Gagne, Desjardins and Kapanen wear the A's.

Teezax 08-02-2005 10:15 AM

Thin i'd rather see Richards play wing on the 2nd or 3rd line than see him center a 4th with Brash and Stevenson. He'd be nice with Kaps and Prims on a checking line.

Roger's Pancreas* 08-02-2005 10:21 AM

Shutdown
Kapanen-Primeau(C)-Roenick(A)
Scoring
Gagne-Handzus-Radio
Scoring 2
Knuble-Carter-Sharp
Checking
Brashear-Richards-Stevenson

Johnsson-Markov
Pitkanen-Rathje
Rico(A)/Seids-Hatcher(A)

Esche-Frank

Sim and Therien will probably be extras. Richards will get extensive PK time and take really important faceoffs.

Bennevol10 08-02-2005 10:32 AM

WOW!!!!! Whatever you are smoking can I get some....

Jester 08-02-2005 10:44 AM

Gagne(A)-Carter-Sharp
Knuble-Handzus-Radio
Kapanen-Primeau(C)-Roenick
Brashear-Richards-Stevenson

Umberger
Sim

Johnsson-Hatcher
Pitkanen-Rathje
Desjardins(A)-Markov

Therien
Seidenberg

Esche
Nittymaki

our lines are going to be juggled -- obviously -- but that appears to be the plan heading into the season to some extent. i won't be shocked to see Richards getting some time on the wing w/ Handzus... I also want Umberger playing wing for the Phantoms with the intention of him playing becoming a true power forward with us on the RW...

if Rico isn't back i pass the "A" to Johnsson or Kapanen... Gagne gets it because of his tenure here and his future with the organization. won't be shocked if Sim pushes Brashear/Stevenson for their gig on the 4th line.

FlyHigh 08-02-2005 12:44 PM

Well I put some thought into it.

Gagne-Carter-Sharp.

A lot of pressure on Carter to perform because Gagne isn't much of a playmaker and neither is Sharp. I just can't see giving Knuble 1st line time right now.

Knuble-Handzus-Radivojevic

Second most important line on the team. Huge amount of pressure on Zeus. He'll need to have a season like 02-03 when he potted 23 goals playing with Brash and Somik. I like the looks of this one though.

Kapanen-Primeau-Roenick

Most important line on the team. I put them as a 3rd line, but they will get the most minutes. JR also said that this would probably be a line. Lots of pressure on Primeau to perform here. He'll need to shutdown other teams' top lines and also finish off chances that JR will create. Also a fair deal of pressure on JR and Kaps.

Sim-Richards-Stevenson

I just don't want to see Brashear in the line-up. Rock hands and stupid penalties. Stevenson did have 14 goals last year and Sim showed some scoring touch with the Phantoms. Also should be an agitator. I want to see a lot of Richards on the PK so that Zeus and Carter can get most of their minutes at even strength and on the power play.

Johnsson-Hatcher

Could be one of the best pairings in the NHL or could be a disaster. Hatcher will need to play sound positional hockey and rely on Johnsson to do most of the skating. Hoping that Hitch can work a miracle.

Pitkanen-Desjardins

I like this better than Seidenberg-Desjardins because at least Pitkanen has size. Hopefully he can cultivate some of that physicality he showed in the NHL. I think Desjardins could have a great year with these new rules, he's always been a good passer

Rathje-Seidenberg

Should be all right, a good 3rd pairing, probably could be a 2nd on most NHL teams.

Esche/Niittymaki

Should be good.

Thoughts?

Brad* 08-02-2005 02:21 PM

I'd like to see something like this,

Gagne - Carter - Roenick
Knuble - Handzus - Radivojevic
Kapanen - Primeau - Sharp
Brashear - Richards - Stenvenson

Johnsson - Hatcher
Pitkanen - Rathje
Desjardins - Seidenberg

Esche
Niittymaki

I think that maximizes their scoreres and their shut down guys. Roenick is one of the teams' better offensive players, I don't want to see him put on a line with Primeau and Kapanen to be a shut down guy. Actually, I'd like to see another top-6 forward added, that would really round out this team. Even if that doesn't happen, I do believe it's very strong. Hard to judge against the rest of the league so early, but I'm excited.

The fourth line doesn't make much sense, though. Playing Richards with Brash and Stevenson? Seems like a waste to me. But, I didn't know what else to do with him.

John Flyers Fan 08-02-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
I'd like to see something like this,

Gagne - Carter - Roenick
Knuble - Handzus - Radivojevic
Kapanen - Primeau - Sharp
Brashear - Richards - Stenvenson

Johnsson - Hatcher
Pitkanen - Rathje
Desjardins - Seidenberg

Esche
Niittymaki

I think that maximizes their scoreres and their shut down guys. Roenick is one of the teams' better offensive players, I don't want to see him put on a line with Primeau and Kapanen to be a shut down guy. Actually, I'd like to see another top-6 forward added, that would really round out this team. Even if that doesn't happen, I do believe it's very strong. Hard to judge against the rest of the league so early, but I'm excited.

The fourth line doesn't make much sense, though. Playing Richards with Brash and Stevenson? Seems like a waste to me. But, I didn't know what else to do with him.

Although Gagne is the better play you may see ihm flip/flopped with Knuble in order to balance out the speed/grit factor on the top two lines.

Art Vandelay 08-02-2005 04:13 PM

If my salary calculations are correct, how are the Flyers going come in under 37 million .

Gagne, Johnson, Esche, Radivojevic, Sharp ...
(The salaries for Pitkanen and Nittymaki are ?? and so i havent counted them in)

2-way deals maybe can shave of up to 1 million but that wont be enough..

Wingers:
Jeremy Roenick 4.94
Donald Brashear 1.748
Sami Kapanen 1.52
Michael Knuble 1.52
Turner Stevenson 1.254
Jon Sim .45
Stefan Ruzicka .45
Triston Grant .45
(RFA) Branko Radivojevic
(RFA) Simon Gagne

Centers:
Keith Primeau 3.42
Michal Handzus 2.128
Jeff Carter .942
Mike Richards .942
(RFA) Patrick Sharp

Defense:
Mike Rathje 3.5
Derian Hatcher 3.293
Eric Desjardins 2.28
Alexandre Picard .45
Chris Therien .5
Joni Pitkanen ??
(RFA) Kim Johnson
(RFA) Randy Jones
(RFA) Freddy Meyer
(RFA) David Printz
(RFA) Dennis Seidenberg
(RFA) Wade Skolney

Goalie:
Antero Nittymaki ??
Rejean Beauchemin .45
(RFA) Robert Esche

= 30.2 million

Benji Frank 08-02-2005 10:59 PM

Will Esche be the starter for sure?? Even after some of the softies he gave up in last year's playoffs?

Brad* 08-02-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji Frank
Will Esche be the starter for sure?? Even after some of the softies he gave up in last year's playoffs?

I don't know what playoffs you were watching. Esche was excellent in last year's playoffs, and yes, it'll be his job to lose.

Benji Frank 08-02-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
I don't know what playoffs you were watching. Esche was excellent in last year's playoffs, and yes, it'll be his job to lose.

No doubt, he made alot of great saves! It just seamed at times when they needed a save the most, he'd let in a floater which seemed to let the team down. In fairness, he certainly outplayed Eddie & Brodeur & Khabby probably should have been MVP. He just doesn't strike me as a goalie an opposing team would be particularly concerned about ... almost like an Osgood back when he backstopped the powerhouses in Detroit.....

John Flyers Fan 08-03-2005 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji Frank
No doubt, he made alot of great saves! It just seamed at times when they needed a save the most, he'd let in a floater which seemed to let the team down. In fairness, he certainly outplayed Eddie & Brodeur & Khabby probably should have been MVP. He just doesn't strike me as a goalie an opposing team would be particularly concerned about ... almost like an Osgood back when he backstopped the powerhouses in Detroit.....

Esche letting on floaters ??? ... other than game 3 vs. Tampa, Esche didn't give up a weak goal all playoffs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.