HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2014 WJC Video: Sebastian Collberg, Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1574153)

HF Article 01-03-2014 09:45 PM

2014 WJC Video: Sebastian Collberg, Sweden
 

While his season with the Frolunda Indians of the SHL hasn't been an offensively productive one, Team Sweden forward Sebastian Collberg is doing at the 2014 World Junior Championship what he has done at previous WJC's, namely generating offense.



In five games at this WJC, Collberg has netted a goal and chipped in four assists while posting a +4 rating for the tournament. All told, in 17 U20 WJC games over the past two years, the Mariestad native has scored nine goals and added nine assists for 18 points. In additon, Collberg took part in the 2012 U18 WJC, where he potted four goals and added five assists for 9 points in six games.… read more



More...

macavoy 01-04-2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF Article (Post 77282807)

watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

Johnny B Good 01-04-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77293991)
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

Really? Just because of one interview? Markov has even worse interviews, he turned out OK to say the least..

ECWHSWI 01-04-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77293991)
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

meh... something along the lines of "prepare yourself better next time you're about to interview someone" would have been nice :nod:

generic (read : stupid) questions - generic awnsers.

you havin fun ?
special to play home ?
you know some of your teammates already ? (duh! he was at U20 last year and played in Sweden all his life :banana: )


god damn... :shakehead

Crimson Skorpion 01-04-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77293991)
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

Good to know that you write off prospects based on interviews. :laugh:

macavoy 01-04-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion (Post 77294687)
Good to know that you write off prospects based on interviews. :laugh:

Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.

I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.

I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.

Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.


my record speaks volumes.


Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.

Crimson Skorpion 01-04-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77294839)
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.

A lot of people wanted, based on size.

Everyone and their grandmother knew Galchenyuk was a better prospect. Eventually, by a week around draft day, mostly everyone had changed their tune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77294839)
I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.

I never bought into the Avtsin hype and I never watched a single interview of his. I based it off his play, both with and without the puck and the way he handled himself in all three zones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77294839)
I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.

Did you base that on interviews as well? I based it off of his play in Montreal that left us desiring a little more. I said that sending him to Hamilton was the kick in the ass that he needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77294839)
Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.

Again, based on interviews? I wanted Price over Halak, despite the heavy credit I gave to Halak during the 2010 playoffs. Not because of interviews, not because of ethnicity but because Price had a higher ceiling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77294839)
my record speaks volumes.

If that's your record, where you base the potential of prospects on interviews, you failed to make your point. Instead, you gave examples that quite a lot of us here held the same opinion, yet did not base it off interviews. That IS what this argument is about, right? You watched a Collberg interview and that was all you needed to know... right? You then listed examples that poorly reflected your "record".

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77294839)
Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.

Not really sure what point you are trying to make here. I don't base my opinion of Therrien on what he says in the dressing room which we are privileged to watch on 24CH. I base it on the decisions he makes with his line-up and how he manages player's ice time. Again... nothing to do with interviews or the way they handle themselves in them.

Demon Wolf 01-04-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77293991)
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

Will see if I can find it but in a Swedish newspaper he offered opinions on all his teammates, it was hilarious. Funny guy.

macavoy 01-04-2014 02:24 PM

I just watched the Sweden vs Russia tape and I reaffirm my position.


Sebastian was invisible in that game. Tell me I'm wrong about him,

Draft 01-04-2014 02:31 PM

If you're expecting a lot of passion and "individuality" when talking to a Swede, you're going to have a bad time.

thaivuN 01-04-2014 03:09 PM

Collberg looks and sounds like Galchenyuk. Same face, Same Voice, just different hair style and color. :laugh:

Strik_IX 01-04-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 77321013)
If you're expecting a lot of passion and "individuality" when talking to a Swede, you're going to have a bad time.

This x1000.

In what universe do interviews reflect one's ability to play hockey?

I'm great when it comes to PR, maybe at 32 it's time for me to lace 'em up and put this 170lbs frame to good use. :facepalm:

macavoy 01-05-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strik_IX (Post 77325365)
This x1000.

In what universe do interviews reflect one's ability to play hockey?

I'm great when it comes to PR, maybe at 32 it's time for me to lace 'em up and put this 170lbs frame to good use. :facepalm:

Do you think I'm wrong?

PricerStopDaPuck 01-05-2014 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77293991)
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

John Tavares also gives boring cardboard cut out answers. I bet he won't turn out that good.

CanadienShark 01-05-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77293991)
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

:facepalm: Your "record" does not "speak volumes" either. :laugh:

muzion 01-05-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77378773)
Do you think I'm wrong?

It's funny how everyone learns the basics of cause and effect relationships at school, yet can't apply them in the real world.

BoNeS42 01-05-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77378773)
Do you think I'm wrong?

All hail our new messiah, macavoy. He will never be wrong.

macavoy 01-05-2014 11:41 AM

4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.

WeeBey 01-06-2014 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77391353)
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.

Because everyones too busy making fun of you for how ridiculous you sound by writing off a prospect based on 40 seconds of interview footage.

JohnLennon 01-06-2014 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77391353)
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.

Your point is so ridiculous I thought you were actually joking at first. You're basically trying to say that being a less talkative person is directly correlated with hockey skill. You also ignored the fact that almost every damn hockey player in the world is boring at interviews: Jonathan Toews, John Tavares, Sidney Crosby... yet they are all pretty good NHL hockey players.

Evaluating a 19 year old player doing an interview with foreign media in his secondary language, and using that one interview to evaluate his entire hockey career is literally the most stupid thing I have read in a long time.

We don't know if Collberg will "cut the mustard" but he was pretty damn good in the WJCs, and is definitely a top Habs prospect.

ECWHSWI 01-06-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77391353)
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.

well, I for one remember listening to another interview of him a while ago and he was OK, so he'll be a great NHler... :nod:

Team_Spirit 01-06-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnLennon (Post 77445525)
Your point is so ridiculous I thought you were actually joking at first. You're basically trying to say that being a less talkative person is directly correlated with hockey skill. You also ignored the fact that almost every damn hockey player in the world is boring at interviews: Jonathan Toews, John Tavares, Sidney Crosby... yet they are all pretty good NHL hockey players.

Evaluating a 19 year old player doing an interview with foreign media in his secondary language, and using that one interview to evaluate his entire hockey career is literally the most stupid thing I have read in a long time.

We don't know if Collberg will "cut the mustard" but he was pretty damn good in the WJCs, and is definitely a top Habs prospect.

John Lennon, the man the legend.

This post definitively cut the mustard!

http://blog.kabinata.com/wp-content/...08/mustard.jpg

TheGoalJudge 01-06-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macavoy (Post 77294839)
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.

I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.

I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.

Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.


my record speaks volumes.


Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.

You realize all those things were popular opinions right?

You really needed interviews to see Galchenyuk was better than Grigorenko or Price has more potential than Halak? :laugh:

JohnLennon 01-06-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 77475991)
John Lennon, the man the legend.

This post definitively cut the mustard!

http://blog.kabinata.com/wp-content/...08/mustard.jpg

Hahaha! You're a beauty! :)

Toro 01-06-2014 05:37 PM

Oh u guys having fun here? It's funny for me to read all U guys and the quotes of the legend macovoy. Cause I don't get to see the legend's posts anymore unless their quoted. Funny huh?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.