HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Third Jersey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15743)

Yorkiegirl161861 09-30-2003 03:47 PM

Third Jersey
 
Hey Guys

This is kind of weird question, but does anyone know if the Oilers third jersey will be available in white?

Thanks !

Hairball 09-30-2003 03:58 PM

I'm guessing not for game jerseys. I have seen practice jerseys in grey though.

Yorkiegirl161861 09-30-2003 04:04 PM

That's what I thought, but I was on the official site and it gives the games that the Oilers will be wearing their third and for some of the games it lists "white". Unless its something new.

oilerdynasty 09-30-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl161861
That's what I thought, but I was on the official site and it gives the games that the Oilers will be wearing their third and for some of the games it lists "white". Unless its something new.

Probably road whites, no?

MrMackey 09-30-2003 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl161861
That's what I thought, but I was on the official site and it gives the games that the Oilers will be wearing their third and for some of the games it lists "white". Unless its something new.

I saw that too & it does seem wierd... I just thought that those were the days that the other team was wearing their third jersey.

Hairball 09-30-2003 04:13 PM

They have switched the jerseys worn by the teams this year. Home is now dark. Away is now white or light colours. This was so that the teams only had to take 1 jersey on the road.

Yorkiegirl161861 09-30-2003 04:20 PM

What puzzles me is that the third jersey with the Oildrop was black. According to how the chart reads, it looks as if it will also be in white. I guess we'll find out soon enough

MrMackey 09-30-2003 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairball
They have switched the jerseys worn by the teams this year. Home is now dark. Away is now white or light colours. This was so that the teams only had to take 1 jersey on the road.

I realize this, but check the page yourself... there's clearly less than 42 away games. The page is dedicated to the third jersey and when it will be worn.

http://edmontonoilers.com/features/thirdjersey.htm

I don't think there's a white third jersey, but they were less than clear as to what the top part of the chart means.

:dunno:

Oilersyul89 09-30-2003 04:25 PM

I don't want to start rumours, but looks like the Oil will have a 4th jeresy! The third, in white.....

thome_26 09-30-2003 08:36 PM

It most certainly appears that way doesn't it!!!!! COOL!! But why wouldn't they! I mean heck, how many third jerseys do you think they sold?!? How many white ones will they now sell...... and isn' there a certain time span for small market teams to get the revenue from jersey sales? I think small market teams should get the vast majority of those kinds of sales all year.... I mean that would go a LONG way......

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 09-30-2003 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkiegirl161861
Hey Guys

This is kind of weird question, but does anyone know if the Oilers third jersey will be available in white?

Thanks !

no, that is just showing when the oilers would wear their normal white jersey...since home is dark this year they showcase their road jersey sometimes...they are just showing the 5 times this year they show the road jersey

Narnia 09-30-2003 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
no, that is just showing when the oilers would wear their normal white jersey...since home is dark this year they showcase their road jersey sometimes...they are just showing the 5 times this year they show the road jersey

The the road team is white all season. Why would they show it then?

Allan 09-30-2003 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers89
The the road team is white all season. Why would they show it then?

Assuming I understand what you're confused by -

They will be using the dark jerseys at all of the home games except for the games on that list, where they will wear either their white road jerseys or their third jerseys, on the indicated dates.

Narnia 09-30-2003 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan
Assuming I understand what you're confused by -

They will be using the dark jerseys at all of the home games except for the games on that list, where they will wear either their white road jerseys or their third jerseys, on the indicated dates.

The games mentioned where they wear white are all road games.

Vyse64 09-30-2003 09:47 PM

i don't like this idea, home=dark away=white
the NHL only want to have more 3rd/4th jersays sold it makes senses but why not just do what they were doing the last 2 seaons and just ask the the away team wear white instead
i just don't like it :rant:

Narnia 09-30-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
i don't like this idea, home=dark away=white
the NHL only want to have more 3rd/4th jersays sold it makes senses but why not just do what they were doing the last 2 seaons and just ask the the away team wear white instead
i just don't like it :rant:

The problem was that teams would have to take 2 jerseys with them on the road. I remember one road trip that Ottawa had to the west. They wore their road jersey in Edmonton and Vancouver but had to wear white in Calgary.

In football, road teams have been white for who knows how long. I like it.

Allan 09-30-2003 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers89
The problem was that teams would have to take 2 jerseys with them on the road. I remember one road trip that Ottawa had to the west. They wore their road jersey in Edmonton and Vancouver but had to wear white in Calgary.

In football, road teams have been white for who knows how long. I like it.

I like it too. White is sort of an anonymous colour, not the colour of any team. This way the home team can wear their colours at home, and the less disinctive white on the road.

On the other hand, I seem to remember the NHL admitting that this was mostly a marketing thing, saying that people prefer to wear the jerseys they see the team play in, but would also rather buy dark ones because white is so hard to keep clean.

[ GSGS ] 10-01-2003 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny08
I don't want to start rumours, but looks like the Oil will have a 4th jeresy! The third, in white.....

I think that the league have a rule so teams can only have 3 jerseys. It's why we don't see the Rangers 4th jersey (their 3rd in white) anymore.

dawgbone 10-01-2003 05:23 AM

Watching one of the oiler games last year, I saw someone in the stands wearing a white version of the 3rd jersey.

I posted it on here, and no one seemed to know about them.

It looked fantastic, and I was thinking later on that maybe someone did custom jerseys for maybe a hockey team using that pattern and symbol...

dawgbone 10-01-2003 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilers89
In football, road teams have been white for who knows how long. I like it.

Actually, the home team gets to choose in the NFL... the Broncos were recently fined because of this.

PineJockey 10-01-2003 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
Actually, the home team gets to choose in the NFL... the Broncos were recently fined because of this.

I like the dark jerseys at home. Actually, until sometime in the 70's it was always that way in the NHL.

Yorkiegirl161861 10-01-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ GSGS ]
I think that the league have a rule so teams can only have 3 jerseys. It's why we don't see the Rangers 4th jersey (their 3rd in white) anymore.

I called Champions today to see if the third jersey Oildrop will be available in white. The answer was "no". If that's true then the chart on the official site is misleading.

I don't think they make the Rangers Liberty Jersey in white anymore for the same reason. I haven't seen one in about two years.

bone 10-03-2003 12:08 PM

Notice now that they have removed the misleading part of that page.

Just for something extra, at NHLUniforms.com there isn't a 4th jersey for the Oilers with the new logo in whites, but there is a 4th and 5th jersey in the heritage style. Maybe they are wearing the old White, Blue and Orange for those 5 games.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/2000s/200304.html

MrMackey 10-03-2003 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bone
Notice now that they have removed the misleading part of that page.

Just for something extra, at NHLUniforms.com there isn't a 4th jersey for the Oilers with the new logo in whites, but there is a 4th and 5th jersey in the heritage style. Maybe they are wearing the old White, Blue and Orange for those 5 games.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/2000s/200304.html

That would be awesome. I noticed a lot of uniform changes on the site... it says a vintage Montreal jersey will be unveiled soon, and it looks like a number of teams (Van, NYR, StL, Tor, Bos) will be playing some games in their vintage silks.

There are some great looking unis in the league now (although still some crap too!!)

USC Trojans 10-03-2003 01:39 PM

Notice the back of the jerseys say "Comrie" now.
It used to be Marchant....and maybe by next month it'll be "Smyth"?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.