HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Player Discussion: David Desharnais fights back! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1574669)

Habsterix* 01-04-2014 03:00 PM

David Desharnais fights back!
 
http://2.cdn.nhle.com/canadiens/v2/p...gs/8471976.jpg

NUMBER: 51
HEIGHT: 5' 7"
WEIGHT: 170
SHOOTS: LEFT
BORN: 14 SEP 1986 (AGE 27)
BIRTHPLACE: LAURIER-STATION, QC, CANADA

Game Log: Desharnais is HOT! He has 5 goals, 14 assists for 19 points in his last 21 games played.



(the last thread had reached 1,000)

habitue* 01-04-2014 03:00 PM

Don't start ANOTHER one. PLEASE !!!!

LyricalLyricist 01-04-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habstraction (Post 77323741)
Don't start ANOTHER one. PLEASE !!!!

Agreed.

Habsterix* 01-04-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habstraction (Post 77323741)
Don't start ANOTHER one. PLEASE !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 77323771)
Agreed.

You both know that people will keep discussing it. Might has well be in a thread those who don't want to read about it can ignore. ;)

LyricalLyricist 01-04-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsterix (Post 77323829)
You both know that people will keep discussing it. Might has well be in a thread those who don't want to read about it can ignore. ;)

I'll prob keep discussing it too but hate getting sucked into stupidity.:laugh:

Doesn't make a difference though. People talk about it in order threads anyway. Max, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Eller, PGTs, GDTs, etc..

Habsterix* 01-04-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 77323877)
I'll prob keep discussing it too but hate getting sucked into stupidity.:laugh:

Hahaha! I hear ya! :laugh:

WhiskeySeven 01-04-2014 03:07 PM

Honestly the issue hasn't really been his production. He was producing during our last place finish season too.

The issue is that his production is (argued) to be directly negatively correlated to this team's overall success and development.

The fact is that he wouldn't produce with Gionta and Moen on his line, and he can't be depended upon to be a game breaker who can be relied upon either. That's his "deal" so to speak.

Keep making threads based on his point streak though, as if people don't watch games. Your 17 twitter followers expect more from you Habsterix.

LyricalLyricist 01-04-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven (Post 77324223)
Honestly the issue hasn't really been his production. He was producing during our last place finish season too.

The issue is that his production is (argued) to be directly negatively correlated to this team's overall success and development.

The fact is that he wouldn't produce with Gionta and Moen on his line, and he can't be depended upon to be a game breaker who can be relied upon either. That's his "deal" so to speak.

Keep making threads based on his point streak though, as if people don't watch games. Your 17 twitter followers expect more from you Habsterix.

But, we're the 4th best team in the conference. Were we expected to beat Boston and Pittsburgh? Really?

Eller can't produce with them on his line either but it's rarely mentioned. Apart from Plekanec, everyone of our centers needs good winger.

Team_Spirit 01-04-2014 03:11 PM

Perfect time to trade him.

DD,Pacioretty,Diaz and 1st

for

Kane,Byfuglien,Ladd

They can get the other DD for free if they want.

Smokey Thompson 01-04-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 77324459)
But, we're the 4th best team in the conference. Were we expected to beat Boston and Pittsburgh? Really?

Eller can't produce with them on his line either but it's rarely mentioned. Apart from Plekanec, everyone of our centers needs good winger.

He can't make them produce, because they can't finish. But he can take **** into his own hands, out skate / out muscle three opposing players and snipe it short side for the game winner, because he can.

Pierre Dagenais 01-04-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 77324505)
Perfect time to trade him.

DD,Pacioretty,Diaz and 1st

for

Kane,Byfuglien,Ladd

They can get the other DD for free if they want.

Wow Winnipeg takes this and runs. Diaz and DD in the same package? Shades of Gainey.

Teufelsdreck 01-04-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Spirit (Post 77324505)
Perfect time to trade him.

DD,Pacioretty,Diaz and 1st

for

Kane,Byfuglien,Ladd

They can get the other DD for free if they want.

Your brilliance is otherworldly.:sarcasm:

WhiskeySeven 01-04-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 77324459)
But, we're the 4th best team in the conference. Were we expected to beat Boston and Pittsburgh? Really?

Eller can't produce with them on his line either but it's rarely mentioned. Apart from Plekanec, everyone of our centers needs good winger.

You CANNOT COMPARE ELLER AND DD.

Why?

Because Eller does a ton of heavy-lifting defensive wise and contributes in a multitude of ways - Hits, possession, etc.

Give Eller easy-as-pâté-chinos match-ups and he'll be much likelier to produce, even without one of the world's best wingers.

PyrettaBlaze 01-04-2014 03:19 PM

Yuck.

Blade8019 01-04-2014 03:22 PM

Another month, another DD thread.

(hula)

LyricalLyricist 01-04-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade8019 (Post 77325603)
Another month, another DD thread.

(hula)

I think this one will be more ridiculous than the last.

habsfanatics 01-04-2014 03:39 PM

I've read the other thread entirely. Someone suggested that because DD is a pass first guy, that other teams can cheat and better defend patches.

Are we trying to suggest that DD is somehow hindering patches goal scoring too now? I mean the arguments have gotten completely silly. 16 goals in 21 games, would patches be an 80 goal scorer with different line mates.

It's alright to criticize poor play, but come on, this is getting absurd tbh.

Koivu2001 01-04-2014 03:41 PM

quietly raising his trade value, I like it!

PyrettaBlaze 01-04-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koivu2001 (Post 77327143)
quietly raising his trade value, I like it!

I honestly can't wait till he's off the team.

Dr Gonzo 01-04-2014 03:43 PM

This thread is the epicenter of circular debates....

We've all been involved, we all have hellish tales to tell. It's our Vietnam.

76ftw 01-04-2014 03:49 PM

He's the best offensive centreman on the team.

Hope Of Glory 01-04-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koivu2001 (Post 77327143)
quietly raising his trade value, I like it!

Problem is, management likes him. If they tolerate him when he's average and gave him that big contrat, they probably love him a lot now that he is hot. I'd be pretty surprised if they trade him in the near future, even if it pains me to say that.

Bad Natey 01-04-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 77325323)
Yuck.

Yeah, I get disgusted when our players produce too.

Yuck, Pacioretty keeps scoring goals!

Yuck, Price keeps winning games against weaker teams!

Yuck, our team is in a playoff spot!

Ps. Did we seriously need a new thread?

Dr Gonzo 01-04-2014 04:00 PM

One thing I'd like to see more of out of Desharnais is shots. (Captain Obvious, I know...)

He actually has a pretty decent shot, but he doesn't seem to trust it.

It takes something like Subban's pass vs Dallas, that was so nice that it forced DD to actually pull the trigger.

Sorinth 01-04-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfanatics (Post 77326933)
I've read the other thread entirely. Someone suggested that because DD is a pass first guy, that other teams can cheat and better defend patches.

Are we trying to suggest that DD is somehow hindering patches goal scoring too now? I mean the arguments have gotten completely silly. 16 goals in 21 games, would patches be an 80 goal scorer with different line mates.

It's alright to criticize poor play, but come on, this is getting absurd tbh.

I assume this is directed at me. I was responding to a poster that claimed if Patches was with another center he would score less.

That's not a given because with Desharnais the line is predictable which makes it easier to defend against. Desharnais also doesn't help create space for his linemates. If you give a sniper time and space he's more likely to score. Pacioretty might get more scoring chances from Eller's better board/cycling work. He might get more 2-1s with Plekanec anticipation and transitional play. With Desharnais he's without question the go to guy but that doesn't mean he would score more/less with someone else.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.