HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Stepan & McDonagh Meet & Greet Today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1578475)

NYRKindms 01-09-2014 02:57 PM

Stepan & McDonagh Meet & Greet Today
 
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdjYpD_CQAAakTG.jpg:large

nikonsniper* 01-09-2014 04:08 PM

Larchmont? May as well be Idaho

SnowblindNYR 01-09-2014 04:54 PM

Why are these things never in the city?

Staxgod90 01-09-2014 05:02 PM

was able to go today and both of them were really cool. I was wearing a Wisconsin hoodie and was able to get a compliment from both of them along with an autographed pic from both and a picture.

Machinehead 01-09-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 77684271)
Why are these things never in the city?

So much this. Anytime the Rangers do something it's in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

Staxgod90 01-09-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 77684807)
So much this. Anytime the Rangers do something it's in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

to be fair it is in Westchester which is a popular county...

Thirty One 01-09-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG (Post 77685057)
to be fair it is in Westchester which is a popular county...

Shead Weber loves it there

Machinehead 01-09-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG (Post 77685057)
to be fair it is in Westchester which is a popular county...

And I have no problem with an event in Weschester but everything is either in Weschester, New Jersey, or Bum****nowhere, Long Island. I can't remember the last event in New York City or even close to New York City.

Staxgod90 01-09-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 77685113)
Shead Weber loves it there

What was that about again? Was it that he would be isolated by his teammates if he were to live there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 77685205)
And I have no problem with an event in Weschester but everything is either in Weschester, New Jersey, or Bum****nowhere, Long Island. I can't remember the last event in New York City or even close to New York City.

Fair enough but a lot of the fans dont just live in Manhattan and they have to branch out to where families are

nikonsniper* 01-09-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 77685205)
And I have no problem with an event in Weschester but everything is either in Weschester, New Jersey, or Bum****nowhere, Long Island. I can't remember the last event in New York City or even close to New York City.


Christmas toy drive is about all i can think of.

wait, did they even do one this year???

Matt4776 01-09-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 77685205)
And I have no problem with an event in Weschester but everything is either in Weschester, New Jersey, or Bum****nowhere, Long Island. I can't remember the last event in New York City or even close to New York City.

Well I hate to be a stickler, but the three closest places to NYC without being NYC are Westchester, NJ, and Long Island.

Machinehead 01-09-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG (Post 77685373)
Fair enough but a lot of the fans dont just live in Manhattan and they have to branch out to where families are

It's not just Manhattan. There's 4.5 million people in Queens and Brooklyn. And getting to Weschester from Queens - well, as one poster said: "might as well be in Idaho"

Green Blob* 01-09-2014 05:44 PM

Wish this was posted with more than 3 minutes notice of the event considering Larchmont is 5 minutes from me.

redfzn 01-09-2014 05:44 PM

My good friend works for Chase and happened to have a meeting in the same branch they were at.

Ail 01-09-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfzn (Post 77686933)
My good friend works for Chase and happened to have a meeting in the same branch they were at.

I wish I just so happened to be cleaning the bathrooms they were about to use sometime.

redfzn 01-09-2014 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailurophile (Post 77687305)
I wish I just so happened to be cleaning the bathrooms they were about to use sometime.

He texted me this:

Oak 01-10-2014 12:43 AM

Why don't the Rangers post stuff like this in advance? My kid would have loved to go to this.

redfzn 01-10-2014 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardacus (Post 77720759)
Why don't the Rangers post stuff like this in advance? My kid would have loved to go to this.

They did on Facebook.

NYRKindms 01-10-2014 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Blob (Post 77686921)
Wish this was posted with more than 3 minutes notice of the event considering Larchmont is 5 minutes from me.

Sorry it hit twitter and a few minutes later I posted it here. I was pretty close but not driving in to larch mint at rush hour. Btw there is a metro north train sta right there etc

GordonGecko 01-10-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR (Post 77684271)
Why are these things never in the city?

Well the player forum is coming up on Wednesday at Madison Garden Theater in Manhattan. Should be a chance for some autographs there

Made Dan 01-10-2014 01:57 PM

Went. They were really cool. Had some good banter going when they saw the pic that I got signed. Mac said it was a soft goal from Step.

Crease 01-10-2014 02:10 PM

Guess this is part of the multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Chase.

Cliffy1814 01-10-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardacus (Post 77720759)
Why don't the Rangers post stuff like this in advance? My kid would have loved to go to this.

The Rangers website has "Youth Hockey" link under the Communtiy Section.
Since most fo the player appearances usually involve some sort of Youth Clinic, they often post these things here. They don't always make the main page until a day before the event. I saw the Step/MCD appearance out ther about a week ago.

If you have kids, bookmmark that link:

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm...d=DL|NYR|YOUTH

SnowblindNYR 01-10-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGecko (Post 77743147)
Well the player forum is coming up on Wednesday at Madison Garden Theater in Manhattan. Should be a chance for some autographs there

Nice, I'll see if I can make time.

Oak 01-11-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGecko (Post 77743147)
Well the player forum is coming up on Wednesday at Madison Garden Theater in Manhattan. Should be a chance for some autographs there

Do you happen to have a time and will tickets be necessary? I'm def taking my kid to this one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.