HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Who might be moving to Glens Falls? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1579235)

SenorChifles 01-10-2014 11:46 AM

Who might be moving to Glens Falls?

Interesting article...any guesses???

http://poststar.com/news/local/city-...a4bcf887a.html

Tommy Hawk 01-10-2014 08:41 PM

Portland? Hershey? Hamilton? Chicago? :sarcasm:

Newfy IceCapd 01-10-2014 10:46 PM

Baby Sens or IceCaps IMO

Disengage 01-11-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd (Post 77775939)
Baby Sens or IceCaps IMO

No. IceCaps have sold out every game for 3 years and Binghamton just renovated the arena. Neither are moving.

CHRDANHUTCH 01-11-2014 02:04 PM

rumor has it OKC, if attendance isn't at selected minimum....

Binghamton and St. John's are already owned by NHL parent clubs....

210 01-11-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH (Post 77800325)
rumor has it OKC, if attendance isn't at selected minimum....

Which he read on another forum :laugh:

HHHH 01-11-2014 08:49 PM

What's up with Abbotsford these days?

Artie Fufkin 01-11-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH (Post 77800325)

The Binghamton franchise is locally owned.

210 01-11-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHHH (Post 77829443)
What's up with Abbotsford these days?

The Heat are milking the city of Abbotsford for all their monetary losses. So until the city finds a way to chase the franchise away nothing is up there.

Tommy Hawk 01-12-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artie Fufkin (Post 77836109)
The Binghamton franchise is locally owned.

I think the Ice Caps are as well. I think TNSE sold all or part of Moose when they bought the trash, I mean Thrashers....

210 01-12-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk (Post 77844853)
I think the Ice Caps are as well. I think TNSE sold all or part of Moose when they bought the trash, I mean Thrashers....

The IceCaps are owned by True North but are leased to some politician (whose name escapes me right now) who runs the team.

Newfy IceCapd 01-12-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 77852661)
The IceCaps are owned by True North but are leased to some politician (whose name escapes me right now) who runs the team.

Danny Williams. Scariest guy NL has to offer politically wise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk (Post 77844853)

They are owned equally I believe between Danny and the TNSE groups

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disengage (Post 77794067)
No. IceCaps have sold out every game for 3 years and Binghamton just renovated the arena. Neither are moving.

You would think that this would eliminate us from moving but there have been serious rumours that after our lease next year the team is moving to Thunder Bay, barring they have an arena done

Frostbite Warrior 01-12-2014 10:02 PM

In my opinion it is 2 teams from the West!

1 Oklahoma City Barons
2 San Antonio Rampage.

Side Note to 210! Abbotsford Heat lease runs out in 2019

axecrew 01-12-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 77904727)
In my opinion it is 2 teams from the West!

1 Oklahoma City Barons
2 San Antonio Rampage.

If it is one of these teams.....who moves to the Western conference then? Bad enough the alignment is so dumb now, can you imagine if they moved another team out east?

210 01-13-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 77904727)

So not really an issue now, right?

pelts35.com 01-13-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 77916535)
So not really an issue now, right?

Yes, because no AHL team has ever terminated their lease early. :sarcasm:

210 01-13-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 77918015)
Yes, because no AHL team has ever terminated their lease early. :sarcasm:

You can bet everything you own that the Heat won't leave that sweetheart deal before the lease expires...

Rumblick 01-13-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axecrew (Post 77907593)
If it is one of these teams.....who moves to the Western conference then? Bad enough the alignment is so dumb now, can you imagine if they moved another team out east?

Move Utica to the East (though they can keep their 12-games with Abbotsford for attendance reasons out west); then bring Rochester to the east, and make the East an 18-team conference. The West could be made up of two 6-team divisions.

Hey, the ECHL's had unbalanced divisions for a number of years. What would be the big deal?

CHRDANHUTCH 01-13-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 77940081)
Move Utica to the East (though they can keep their 12-games with Abbotsford for attendance reasons out west); then bring Rochester to the east, and make the East an 18-team conference. The West could be made up of two 6-team divisions.

Hey, the ECHL's had unbalanced divisions for a number of years. What would be the big deal?

Rochester's resisted the move to the East, but it depends on if it is OKC that's relocating, but now that we have 3 divisions of 5, why go back to 2 divisions of 7 +? Wouldn't that reintroduce the rediculed cross-over, that was finally abolished when OKC was added to begin with?

Disengage 01-13-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH (Post 77943261)
Rochester's resisted the move to the East, but it depends on if it is OKC that's relocating, but now that we have 3 divisions of 5, why go back to 2 divisions of 7 +? Wouldn't that reintroduce the rediculed cross-over, that was finally abolished when OKC was added to begin with?

What are you talking about? Rochester desperately wants to go back to the East. They play non-Conference games against the East division more than they play the Midwest and West division teams in their conferences.

Rumblick 01-14-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH (Post 77943261)

Rochester would kill to be in the East, and so would their fans.

You don't need 2 divisions in the East - you can go with 3. You also don't need a crossover (not sure where you got that idea). You can play with the alignment any number of ways; the schedule is tweaked to fit an individual team's needs anyway.

As we're just spitballing here, here's one way to go:
1: Charlotte - Texas - San Antonio - Abbotsford - Hamilton - Toronto
2: Chicago - Milwaukee - Grand Rapids - Lake Erie - Rockford - Iowa

3: St. John's - Portland - Manchester - Worcester - Springfield - Providence
4: Utica - Rochester - Syracuse - Albany - Adirondack - Binghamton
5) Hartford - Bridgeport - Wilkes-Barre - Allentown - Hershey - Norfolk

RampageNate 01-14-2014 11:49 AM

San Antonio isn't going anywhere. 5th in the AHL in attendance and they are owned by the Spurs.

My thought is OKC. They move to Glens Falls and Norfolk takes their spot in the "West Division" giving Charlotte a geographical rival.

Tommy Hawk 01-14-2014 01:24 PM

Maybe Springfield or Syracuse will be moving..... Their attendance is usually in the crapper and their owners are always threatening something or another. Hows about Albany or Portland?

CHRDANHUTCH 01-14-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 77978491)
Rochester would kill to be in the East, and so would their fans.

You don't need 2 divisions in the East - you can go with 3. You also don't need a crossover (not sure where you got that idea). You can play with the alignment any number of ways; the schedule is tweaked to fit an individual team's needs anyway.

As we're just spitballing here, here's one way to go:
1: Charlotte - Texas - San Antonio - Abbotsford - Hamilton - Toronto
2: Chicago - Milwaukee - Grand Rapids - Lake Erie - Rockford - Iowa

3: St. John's - Portland - Manchester - Worcester - Springfield - Providence
4: Utica - Rochester - Syracuse - Albany - Adirondack - Binghamton
5) Hartford - Bridgeport - Wilkes-Barre - Allentown - Hershey - Norfolk

one, it's not Allentown, it's Lehigh Valley,

two, Wasn't Rochester enticed when the 3 division alignment was proposed, and it was a tandem deal w/ Syracuse, to balance the NY Teams,, even if Albany and Binghamton and Syracuse remain in the East?

Disengage 01-14-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk (Post 77988635)
Maybe Springfield or Syracuse will be moving..... Their attendance is usually in the crapper and their owners are always threatening something or another. Hows about Albany or Portland?

Springfield won't move without the league moving another team in, they have to have one in the backyard.

Syracuse isn't going anywhere right now, Dolgan is gloating about how he did such a great job getting Tampa to put a good team on the ice last year. There's some talk of a new arena.