HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Speculation: evander kane being shopped around (nhl news) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1579291)

kelmitchell 01-10-2014 12:51 PM

evander kane being shopped around (nhl news)

i hear evander kane is being shopped around today has anyone heard where he may be going or what the trade may look like??? i have heard any details idk if there was a thread but im very interested but all i heard is he's being shopped around and wpg wants a power forward

The Dream 01-10-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmitchell (Post 77739905)
i hear evander kane is being shopped around today has anyone heard where he may be going or what the trade may look like??? i have heard any details idk if there was a thread but im very interested but all i heard is he's being shopped around and wpg wants a power forward

I don't think the Flyers need him too bad. Wayne Simmonds has similar point totals this year even though he struggled earlier in the year. I don't really have an interest in E. Kane. I think a trade would be better spent on a PMD. But, if the Flyers were to trade to get him it would probably take a 1st rounder and Simmonds minimum, which I am not comfortable paying in the first place.

Snipsnap12 01-10-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmitchell (Post 77739905)

Seems like this has been going on for awhile, knowing Holmgren,if Kane is being shopped he is calling to check out details

Curufinwe 01-10-2014 01:04 PM

Kane is good but the rumored price for him is way too much.

dingbathero 01-10-2014 01:07 PM

2 Schenn's + ?

I am not sure how I feel about Kane.... but....

kelmitchell 01-10-2014 01:14 PM

well like i said i haven't heard the details but i know they said they want a power forward now honestly id give them hartnell and 2 second round picks lol although it wouldn't work

Don Nachbaur 26 01-10-2014 01:31 PM

Any deal involving Kane would gut our farm or gut our depth. I also think the Philly media would have a field day with him.

Prongo 01-10-2014 01:31 PM

Where is this coming from?

Flyerss 01-10-2014 02:12 PM

scratched because he's injured

https://twitter.com/Pascucci015/stat...08675007250432
Quote:

Jets head coach Claude Noel says Evander Kane injured. Hand issue. May not play vs Blue Jackets

BackWithaVengeance 01-10-2014 02:12 PM

By what many Jets fans have written on the trade boards I remember the asking price to be a gritty top-6 forward, a left-handed top-4 defender who can log 20+ minutes and a pick/prospect.

Don't know if it's worth it.

Tripod 01-10-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance (Post 77743989)
By what many Jets fans have written on the trade boards I remember the asking price to be a gritty top-6 forward, a left-handed top-4 defender who can log 20+ minutes and a pick/prospect.

Don't know if it's worth it.

He has barely outpointed Simmonds over the last 3 years. His value SHOULD be just slightly higher than Simmer. But many others believe it would Simmonds AND a top D and more. Overpayment.

Hiesenberg 01-10-2014 02:47 PM

I'd go for D.

JDinkalage Morgoone 01-10-2014 02:52 PM

Keep Evander Kane away.

healthyscratch 01-10-2014 03:34 PM

I think this team needs the exact type of player he is, I just don't want what seems to be his bad attitude to come with it. Tough to pass on him but I probably would look elsewhere.

The Couturier Effect 01-10-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 77741949)
Where is this coming from?

Eklund has been spewing rumors about it for a couple of weeks now. He also added Andrew Ladd to the Winnipeg trade block in his most recent blog.

CTU2fan 01-10-2014 04:06 PM

This has been going on for awhile, I'm not sure if they're actively "shopping" him or if it's more that they're willing to listen on him. I assume the latter since the asking price generally seems to be somewhere between "overpay" and "ridiculous overpay".

From what I've seen of Kane (maybe 10-12 games a year?) I'm not sure if he's a fit. Great talent, strength and speed, toughness...but I feel like he's been the best player on the ice for too long and it's got to his head. Too often I see him hanging on to the puck trying to skate around or through everybody rather than using his linemates. Maybe if you stick him with Giroux and Voracek he changes his game a bit but I'm not willing to overpay to find out.

Larry44 01-10-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 77746105)
Keep Evander Kane away.

Agreed. We could use a fast winger, but we need one with a brain to go with his legs. Kane is not the brightest bulb. Pass at almost any price, unless Hartnell + Cousins would do it.... :)

If the Flyers are going to make a big trade, their ONLY NEED is for a young D-man who will be an upgrade on Mesz/Gus NOW, and step into the top 4 for Timonen next year (assuming he retires).

There is no need for tinkering with the forwards right now, our 'excess' depth will help cover the recent injuries.

To find a young D, we need to look for a team that is desperate to win now, either to get or stay in the playoff race, e.g. Phoenix, Nashville, Toronto, Winnipeg, or to save their shaky management from further embarrassment, e.g. Oilers, Islanders.

If you could get someone like Gardiner, Rundblad or Klefblom, or some other similar gem our scouts have been tracking and like, it might be worth dealing one of our wingers like Hartnell or Downie, as part of a package for the right player. I'd even deal Simmonds for a young stud Dman.

But unless we're getting an absolute steal from a desperate team, e.g. Coburn for Zhitnik or a young Eric Desjardins in the Montreal deal, there is no point doing anything now.

We're under the cap, have great chemistry and are winning. Why mess with that unless it's worth it.

dookie88 01-10-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerss (Post 77743973)

Damn I was just about to post something about Big Buff skating at forward in practice and how that might be a pre-stage on deciding which of Wheeler or Kane will leave sooner rather than later.

Guess it's just because of the injury.

Sniped 01-10-2014 04:34 PM

No interest in Kane, or giving up the package of players the Jets are going to want.

dookie88 01-10-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 77750591)
To find a young D, we need to look for a team that is desperate to win now, either to get or stay in the playoff race, e.g. Phoenix, Nashville, Toronto, Winnipeg, or to save their shaky management from further embarrassment, e.g. Oilers, Islanders.

If you could get someone like Gardiner, Rundblad or Klefblom, or some other similar gem our scouts have been tracking and like, it might be worth dealing one of our wingers like Hartnell or Downie, as part of a package for the right player. I'd even deal Simmonds for a young stud Dman.

I still hope the Yotes get Girardi and then flip us Gormley for Downie or a first.

Broad Street Elite 01-10-2014 04:48 PM

Kane is precisely the kind of player that Giroux/Voracek would benefit immensely from. Physical and can finish with his own skills, not just a dirty goal. I would love a guy like Kane or even a Vanek, but the prices are probably prohibitive.

RespectTheCouts 01-10-2014 06:56 PM

I do like Kane, his speed coupled with his gritty-esque play would be awesome on Roo's wing,
BUT the price the Jets are asking I'll pass 10/10, I've heard his attitude isn't that great but I doubt he has one if he got traded here, plus I don't think Chief would put up with crappy attitudes in the locker room

Appleyard 01-10-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dookie88 (Post 77750897)
I still hope the Yotes get Girardi and then flip us Gormley for Downie or a first.

I think getting a young D (20-23) who is unproven at NHL level but has a high ceiling and pedigree is maybe the most realistic/cap manageable option in terms of replacing Kimmo (it would also be nice for the future)... hopefully can get one in a similar situation to Coburn! (but ofc not such daylight robbery) Though doubtful due to the fact they will likely be in playoffs at the deadline... but maybe they could swing a deal like that regardless.

Improbable... but here is hoping.

Larry44 01-10-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appleyard (Post 77761559)
I think getting a young D (20-23) who is unproven at NHL level but has a high ceiling and pedigree is maybe the most realistic/cap manageable option in terms of replacing Kimmo (it would also be nice for the future)... hopefully can get one in a similar situation to Coburn! (but ofc not such daylight robbery) Though doubtful due to the fact they will likely be in playoffs at the deadline... but maybe they could swing a deal like that regardless.

Improbable... but here is hoping.

My ideal would be to get someone like Ryan Ellis off Nashville. Small PMD RHS, stuck behind Weber and Jones forever, and they have Klein too.

3Fs 01-10-2014 09:08 PM

One of the few players that I get excited about trading for.