HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   RDS reports Roenick to La (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=158144)

Old Hickory 08-03-2005 06:18 PM

RDS reports Roenick to La

Quote:

Wednesday August 03, the 2005 - (RDS) - player of Swedish center Peter Forsberg accepted the terms of a two season old contract with Flyers of Philadelphia. The old one of the Avalanche of Colorado will touch 10.7 million dollars during this period. A few minutes later, Flyers announced that they had exchanged the attacker Jeremy Roenick in Kings of Los Angeles, learned our colleague Renaud Lavoie. One does not know yet the identity of the player whom Kings yielded to put the hand on JR. And in spite of the fact that they have just exchanged Roenick in Los Angeles, the attacker Simon Gagné is now on the market of the transactions, according to what RDS learned, Flyers still having to release a few million dollars to be able to pay the wages of more than five million per year of Forsberg. Forsberg, probably the autonomous player more coveted this summer, turns over with the team which fished out it in first round (sixth on the whole) in 1991. Forsberg however never played with Flyers, them which exchanged it one year later with Scandinavian of Quebec in the méga-transaction of Eric Lindros. Forsberg was the player paid best in the national League in 2003-04 with wages of 11 million dollars, equal with Jaromir Jagr. Click here to find out more! In 580 matches in career in the LNH, Forsberg asserts 216 goals, 525 master keys and 741 points. Forsberg, member elect of the Calder trophy in 1994-95, the trophy Binder and Art Ross in 2002-03, knew its best season in 1995-96, the first of the Avalanche, with 116 points (30 goals and 86 master keys) in 82 matches. This season with the Swedish formation of Modo, Forsberg piled up 39 points in 33 matches
http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/184905.html

Scottkmlps 08-03-2005 10:04 PM

RDS now reporting Gagne part of the deal.
"And in spite of the fact that they have just exchanged Roenick in Los Angeles, the attacker Simon Gagné is now on the market of the transactions, according to what RDS learned, Flyers still having to release a few million dollars to be able to pay the wages of more than five million per year of Forsberg."
That is translated from french to english right from there site.

jfont 08-03-2005 10:12 PM

does anyone else feel like its going to be a blockbuster trade in the works here?

roenick, gagne and desjardin for ______, _________ and a 1st rounder next year...

I'm guessing brown (clarke likes big tough guys), petiot and a 1st...

Face Wash 08-03-2005 10:14 PM

Not in the Kings management style to trade these young kids. Maybe one, but not more than one and not a 20 year old. maybe Cammalleri... and not a first rounder. Kings learned the hard way for many years do NOT trade first rounders...

jfont 08-03-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
Not in the Kings management style to trade these young kids. Maybe one, but not more than one and not a 20 year old. maybe Cammalleri... and not a first rounder. Kings learned the hard way for many years do NOT trade first rounders...

i hope you're right, but if they're throwing in gagne and desjardin along with roenick, i don't think cammy and a 2nd would do the trick...kings have to trade young guys and picks cause lets face it, they don't have much of a roster they would want to send philly's way...

Face Wash 08-03-2005 10:52 PM

Tick Tock Tick Tock, Jesus... Mr. Clarke is on the Clock. :)

Reaper45 08-03-2005 10:54 PM

If we give up Brown, I'll be pissed off to all ends. By all means, deal Cammy or Grebeshkov before Brown or Gleason.

Captain Ron 08-03-2005 10:59 PM

The longer this takes the better for LA. Clarke has the deadline not Taylor.

Face Wash 08-03-2005 11:04 PM

Look folks, DT understands leverage... He knows Clarke is under the gun, and that the Kings are one of the few teams that can be involved in this because of the room he has under the cap. Roenick is not a compelling enough reason to do this deal. I have faith in the guy, he could have made the Roenick deal tonite, I bet... He's using his leverage and maybe getting a third team involved or telling Clarke to add something compelling for him to do this deal.

I feel like I have a good feel for what the Kings are and have been trying to do the past few years and I just can't imagine the Kings doing JR straight up for a pick. It makes no sense.

jfont 08-03-2005 11:07 PM

clarke is not under the gun...he has until the start of the season to get his team under the cap...

Face Wash 08-03-2005 11:11 PM

no he has until Friday I believe.

Nuclear 08-04-2005 01:28 AM

I doubt Gagne will be part of ANY deal.

shaayar78 08-04-2005 01:50 AM

How long does Clark have officially to dump salary??? Because, IF he has till season starts, then there is plenty of time, and he does not necessarily have to deal with DT....Also, I would give up Cammy, but NOT Brown!

Captain Ron 08-04-2005 01:53 AM

Well according to Hacksaw (so I don't know how reliable it is). The Flyers only have 48 hours from when they signed Forsberg to be under the cap.

shaayar78 08-04-2005 02:30 AM

Thanks Spongebob...any info is good info for now! I don't want JR and give up either Brown or Cammalerri....Only do that if we can get either Gagne or Handzus and a pick in the deal!

Mindcircus 08-04-2005 04:02 AM

Dustin Brown better not be dealt away. Not even for a Gagne.

Albi 08-04-2005 06:32 AM

At the rumors board some genius was talking about frolov and brown for Roenick.

Somebody really needs to get a life.

Rick Middleton 08-04-2005 06:51 AM

What's the moral of this story? Never listen to a global mod. They don't know jack! :D

Bob Clarke Fan Club 08-04-2005 07:37 AM

Brown/Frolov for JR....

It would be worse to be a Kings fan in this instance than to be an Oilers fan when they shipped off Gretz...at least you guys gave the Oilers something. Even funnier was that some fans actually believed that's what Clarkie wanted for JR...Even while we sit above the cap. I'd do nothing but giggle at ignorance during rumors like these. I still say something gets done but you'll probably get JR for a 5th.

Old Hickory 08-04-2005 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
It would be worse to be a Kings fan in this instance than to be an Oilers fan when they shipped off Gretz...at least you guys gave the Oilers something. Even funnier was that some fans actually believed that's what Clarkie wanted for JR...Even while we sit above the cap. I'd do nothing but giggle at ignorance during rumors like these. I still say something gets done but you'll probably get JR for a 5th.

that was our original guess.

Roger's Pancreas* 08-04-2005 07:57 AM

Quote:

"Philly has a great chance to win the Stanley Cup this year, and I love this town and it's a killer to leave, but I would never stand in the way of a trade for the No. 1 talent in the game, and that's Peter Forsberg," Roenick said.

Roenick waived his no-trade clause but requested a trade out west.

"It would be selfish of me to keep a player like Forsberg from coming to Philly," Roenick said. "I told that to Bob Clarke this morning. At least I am going west where I will be closer to my family."
This is the kind of character that Roenick brings to any team. Use Bugmenot.com for registration

chara 08-04-2005 08:52 AM

Tayler shouldn't give Clarke more than a conditional pick for picking up Roenick's huge salary.

By doing so, both parties are winners here.

LA

1. JR can still play. He's still an elite player.
2. JR will bring some media attention (good and bad) to the Kings. He's always good for a sound bite or two.

Philly

1. The cap!!!!
2. Clarke gets something for JR.
3. Clarke didn't have to buyout JR last week which he should have done.
4. They get Forsberg, the best player in the world (if he's healthy)

If Taylor holds for a bit longer, he'll get JR for 3rd or 4th round pick at best. Remember he's doing the Flyers a favour by paying JR $5M for the next year.

jfont 08-04-2005 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Middleton
What's the moral of this story? Never listen to a global mod. They don't know jack! :D

shut up! just shut up!

turn off his mic!!!