HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Youtube: Canucks vs Kings Jan 13 2014 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1581701)

Fred Murtz 01-13-2014 11:43 PM

Canucks vs Kings Jan 13 2014

Yeah boy, they're gettin after it tonight. 3 fights so far. :yo:

Tom Sestito vs Jordan Nolan fight

Ryan Kesler vs Dustin Brown fight .

Matt Greene vs Kevin Bieksa fight

Virtanen2Horvat 01-14-2014 12:25 AM

It is a 1-1 for both teams. Bieksa gets beat up and Brown gets beat up. Wish Nolan stood up and fought Sestito. :shakehead

L0gikB0mb 01-14-2014 12:32 AM

Bieksa got wrestled down but wasn't beat up. I think he was the only one who actually landed some punches (albeit once he was down lol)

Ryp37 01-14-2014 12:57 AM

No wonder Double knee Dustin doesn't fight he got dummied by Kesler

Don't know why Greene turned a hockey fight into a judo match either

CanucksSayEh 01-14-2014 01:08 AM

Juice cut Greene after the take down, awesome.

Fred Murtz 01-14-2014 02:45 AM

Tom Sestito vs Jordan Nolan fight

FloydTheBarber 01-14-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksRollin (Post 77968787)
It is a 1-1 for both teams. Bieksa gets beat up and Brown gets beat up. Wish Nolan stood up and fought Sestito. :shakehead

So Bieksa got beat up without a scratch, and Greene got cut and has a concussion, ya... Bieksa sure got beat up. :shakehead

Steve 01-14-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber (Post 77972399)
So Bieksa got beat up without a scratch, and Greene got cut and has a concussion, ya... Bieksa sure got beat up. :shakehead

I agree that Bieksa didn't get beat up b/c it was just a wrestling match but I didn't see a cut and can't find anything about a concussion.

PensBandwagonerNo272 01-14-2014 07:53 AM

Is Bieksa playing forward? Why is he in front of the net at even strength? :laugh:

tarheelhockey 01-14-2014 08:07 AM

What an idiotic move by Sestito. Ok, maybe Nolan said he was going to go, just to clown him into a penalty. Kind of a punk move but it happens. But to stand there until it's obvious that Nolan is backing away to draw a penalty, and then start throwing punches -- that's just a really stupid way to get yourself kicked out of a game in the first few minutes.

Polo* 01-14-2014 10:57 AM

dumb as hell by sestito. Win Greene, Win Kesler

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryp37 (Post 77969735)

Because sometimes in fights, things just play out a certain way. It happens

Ryp37 01-14-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polo (Post 77980695)
dumb as hell by sestito. Win Greene, Win Kesler

Because sometimes in fights, things just play out a certain way. It happens

edit

Brad Doty 01-14-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksRollin (Post 77968787)

He's fought him before, just held up in this context I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryp37 (Post 77969735)
No wonder Double knee Dustin doesn't fight he got dummied by Kesler

DB sucks at fighting, which is why I imagine it's rare. Greene also sucks at fighting, but he turned it into a judo match because of proximity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 77973773)
I agree that Bieksa didn't get beat up b/c it was just a wrestling match but I didn't see a cut and can't find anything about a concussion.

Greene's out with a concussion, though I didn't see a cut. Though I would be willing to bet it was from the punches Bieksa threw when downed. He looked zoned-out while in the box.

Lonny Bohonos 01-14-2014 11:22 AM

Bieksa won that one. Even with green on top he was landing punches.

TieClark 01-14-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos (Post 77981965)
Bieksa won that one. Even with green on top he was landing punches.

Bieksa didn't win anything... he got ragdolled and then started throwing punches while both on the ice.

Mr. Canucklehead 01-14-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 77982255)
Bieksa didn't win anything... he got ragdolled and then started throwing punches while both on the ice.

If by rag-dolled you mean horse-collared, which resulted in Greene receiving a misconduct, then yes.

Bieksa hit him with punches to the point where he was concussed. Greene scored a "takedown", which in a hockey fight is roughly equivalent to the Washington Generals showing up at a Globetrotters' game.

tacogeoff 01-14-2014 02:22 PM

no one won the bieska greene fight. one punch thrown by bieska and then a take down by greene....it was a horrible fight, i believe it was a draw as no one deserves to be labeled a winner after that lol.

solid win by kesler though, he quickly jerseyed brown and gave him a good uppercut pummeling!

IComeInPeace 01-14-2014 03:14 PM

Greene can't fight, and tried to stay close and wrestle so he wouldn't get beat down.

Nolan can definitely hang with Sestito, but bailed. That was horrible.

Brown can't fight. Kesler beat him easily (even though Kesler himself isn't the greatest fighter).

Sheppy 01-14-2014 04:25 PM

Draw in the Bieksa/Greene fight.
Win Kesler in the Brown/Kesler go.
Win Sestito despite Nolan not engaging.

Hopefully the Canucks bring this attitude to the Boston game so we can see Thornton, Lucic and McQuaid toss them around.

ghostingtaro 01-14-2014 06:41 PM

Nolan needed a great big hug from the ref from the last time Sestito bloodied him :laugh:

BoHorvatFan 01-14-2014 07:00 PM

Greene being concussed by a player who was on the ground throwing punches from his back is hilarious.

When one guy is concussed and the other is fine who won the fight? I'd say the guy who walked away fine.

Lonny Bohonos 01-14-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 77982255)

If it was MMA rules Greene would have gotten points for the take down. But alas its not.

Bieksa despite being on his back took Greene out of the game with his punches. Guess Greene is pretty lucky he was on top. Hate to see how it would have ended up with him on the bottom.

Good job Greene. :handclap:

Lonny Bohonos 01-14-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy66 (Post 77991679)
no one won the bieska greene fight. one punch thrown by bieska and then a take down by greene....it was a horrible fight, i believe it was a draw as no one deserves to be labeled a winner after that lol.

solid win by kesler though, he quickly jerseyed brown and gave him a good uppercut pummeling!

Well the point of punching a guy is to hurt him. Regardless the position it occurred from.

Give Greene 1 point for the mega-phenomenal/uber-awesome take down.

Give KB 2 points for knocking Greene out of the game with his punches.

Gerbefied 01-15-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos (Post 78038365)
Well the point of punching a guy is to hurt him. Regardless the position it occurred from.

Give Greene 1 point for the mega-phenomenal/uber-awesome take down.

Give KB 2 points for knocking Greene out of the game with his punches.

Brownie points for knocking him out when they were both on the ground.

Catamarca Livin 01-15-2014 12:37 AM

Dangerous play by Greene. Bailed on the fight and put both players in danger. Cannot be considered the winner in a fight he started then bailed on then got concussed.