HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Everything but Super C poutine thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1582007)

Carey Commit 01-14-2014 12:03 PM

Everything but Super C poutine thread
 
Any thoughts? My GUY keeps telling me it's the best but I just don't KNOW

overlords 01-14-2014 12:04 PM

I kinda twitched when I read the title.

Phil Parent 01-14-2014 12:09 PM

As in... ready-made store brand poutine?

Ugh....

I'd taste it put wouldn't put much faith into it.

PricePkPatch* 01-14-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastyREredux (Post 77984287)
Any thoughts? My GUY keeps telling me it's the best but I just don't KNOW

Okay. Who is your "guy" and how much does he knows about poutine?

I am a bit dubious, but I'll keep an open mind. We may never know; it's possible that one day, somehow, poutine might be bought in grocery stores.

FuzzyWuzzy 01-14-2014 12:52 PM

Ever since poutine has caught on to non-québecois people, the sense of what a truly good poutine is seems to have wavered.

Fozz 01-14-2014 12:54 PM

Rimouski, summer of 1992... I still dream about that poutine. Best I ever had and I had my fair share of excellent poutines.

PricePkPatch* 01-14-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy (Post 77986863)
Ever since poutine has caught on to non-québecois people, the sense of what a truly good poutine is seems to have wavered.

You could claim the same thing about many ethnic dishes...

FuzzyWuzzy 01-14-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 77987031)
You could claim the same thing about many ethnic dishes...

Yeh i'm kind of a foodie and i realized that as i was typing. Most dishes worth mentioning go through the process.

Kenny Powders 01-14-2014 01:01 PM

Dic Ann's poutine /thread

lostriver 01-14-2014 01:09 PM

my favorite are from casse-croute on 327 in Brownsburg.

PricePkPatch* 01-14-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy (Post 77987297)
Yeh i'm kind of a foodie and i realized that as i was typing. Most dishes worth mentioning go through the process.

TRying to think of the greatest barstardization of ethnic dishes. Maybe Pizza? Also, I guess chinese-style fried chicken became General Tso chicken..

Stjonnypopo 01-14-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Powders (Post 77987365)
Dic Ann's poutine /thread

Love this poutine. It doesn't get enough respect in the poutine community.

ThaDevilGirl 01-14-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Powders (Post 77987365)
Dic Ann's poutine /thread

Nope.


What about this Super C poutine? Is it like frozen poutine? I don't think they serve hot meals in store...

If it's frozen, then it should look like this
http://voir.ca/gwenaelle-reyt/files/2011/09/pout.jpg

pezcore 01-14-2014 01:31 PM

Benny`s is pretty good but it would be even better if they had the Belle Province fries. Always wanted to take a ride to Drummondville where it all began.

Super C poutine......just doesnt sound right.

PricePkPatch* 01-14-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pezcore (Post 77989097)
Benny`s is pretty good but it would be even better if they had the Belle Province fries. Always wanted to take a ride to Drummondville where it all began.

Super C poutine......just doesnt sound right.

I don't mind Benny's fries. They are not as good as La Belle Province, but they are quite serviceable for anything you wanna do with them. Unlike, say, St-Hubert or McDonald's fries.

Uber Coca 01-14-2014 01:38 PM

Benny's poutine...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc...j46wo1_400.gif

PricePkPatch* 01-14-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uber Coca (Post 77989465)

Their chicken is just perfect for their poutine. 100% agreed.
And their sauce is just.. AWESOME...

...damn, must keep my diet
must keep my diet
must keep my diet
must keep my diet...

Phil Parent 01-14-2014 01:44 PM

I had some poutine from a restaurant called Ogusta in Sorel. Big hand-made fries, Chalifoux cheese curds and home-made sauce.

Had the "Special" variety with Bacon, Ham & Smoked Meat.

It was the most awesome thing I've ever tasted. The sauce tastes like QUALITY if that makes any sense.

If any of you come to this area, it's downtown on Augusta street.

Ice Poutine 01-14-2014 01:47 PM

I prefer Dairy Queen's poutine. They call it the Ice Poutine... ;)

armani 01-14-2014 01:48 PM

Have you tried Philly steak poutine at Elgin Street Diner (Ottawa)? My personal favourite of all the Poutine's tried in Quebec and Ontario. And I have had a lot of poutine in my lifetime thus far, no stroke or heart attack yet.

FuzzyWuzzy 01-14-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 77988879)
Nope.


What about this Super C poutine? Is it like frozen poutine? I don't think they serve hot meals in store...

If it's frozen, then it should look like this
http://voir.ca/gwenaelle-reyt/files/2011/09/pout.jpg

those are one of the most dreaded enemy to good poutine: mccain freezed fries.

Ice Poutine 01-14-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armani (Post 77989953)
... I have had a lot of poutine in my lifetime thus far, no stroke or heart attack yet.

So far so good! Poutine aint exactly a health nut's dream meal.

FuzzyWuzzy 01-14-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 77987817)
TRying to think of the greatest barstardization of ethnic dishes. Maybe Pizza? Also, I guess chinese-style fried chicken became General Tso chicken..

Theres always Nachos! They were originally made by some Mexican bartender who wanted to entertain his american lady guests so right from the start they werent really mexican. Originally they were home-made dried tortillas + cheese + jalapenos. Now you got Nachos Grande.

Account Terminated 01-14-2014 01:52 PM

The poutine at Lachine Arena (not Lachine Arena restaurant, the actual arena) has a very solid poutine. I enjoy it whenever I go to see the Maroons play.

PricePkPatch* 01-14-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 77989921)
I prefer Dairy Queen's poutine. They call it the Ice Poutine... ;)

I gotta try it someday. Actually looks good. What is is, again? Waffles for fries, chocolate sauce for the Brown sauce and marshmallows for the cheese curds?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.