HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   I Swear To God.....If Anybody Brings It Up Again I'll Kill Them (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15840)

Fish on The Sand 10-01-2003 01:05 AM

I Swear To God.....If Anybody Brings It Up Again I'll Kill Them

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fea...ngsmurphy.html

Konstantinov and Heatley's incidents ARE NOT SIMILAR IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. Get over it. Konstantinov was a passenger in a limo, piloted by a professional driver, where as Heatley was just being a complete, and total moron. To compare the two incidents is to blame Konstantinov for his accident, which is wrong. Anybody who has brought up Konstantinov's accident should be ashamed.

andora 10-01-2003 01:15 AM

not ashamed.. just worthy of a slap i guess...

there is a clear difference.. you're right..

Freudian 10-01-2003 01:38 AM

I guess they are similar in that they are both car accidents and both may result in a player being forced to end his career with no fault of his own. When you think of Snyder there are similarities. Not Heatly. He will be (physically) ok.

V for Voodoo 10-01-2003 01:44 AM

hope this doesnt come across wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian
I guess they are similar in that they are both car accidents and both may result in a player being forced to end his career with no fault of his own. When you think of Snyder there are similarities. Not Heatly. He will be (physically) ok.

i don't think its quite so clear cut.
unless snyder was begging heatley to slow down there's no telling wether he's such an innocent victim in this situation. maybe he was asking heatley to show him how the ferrari could fly. i'm not giong to sit here and say this is snyders fault in any way, but nobody knows what happened at this point. lord knows in my younger days, if a buddy had a ferrari i'd ask him to take it out with me and race anything in sight.

Tuomo Ruutu's Ego 10-01-2003 01:55 AM

Dany Heatley has a broken jaw, I can't believe anybody here would think that it could end his career. Many players have gotten broken jaws and played again in the NHL, heck most of them have played wearing protective equipment around their jaw while it's still broken - and they played.

Healtey will get over it and will be skating once again, Snyder is a different story. He was in critical condition last I heard and he has some sort of surgery yesterday I believe. But chances are he will prevail as well.

dempsey_k* 10-01-2003 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
i don't think its quite so clear cut.
unless snyder was begging heatley to slow down there's no telling wether he's such an innocent victim in this situation. maybe he was asking heatley to show him how the ferrari could fly. i'm not giong to sit here and say this is snyders fault in any way, but nobody knows what happened at this point. lord knows in my younger days, if a buddy had a ferrari i'd ask him to take it out with me and race anything in sight.

And if I was the passenger egging my buddy on, I'd expect him to have enough decency and honor to not say anything about it and take the heat if he got off unscathed while I was walking towards the light. (lets hope it doesn't come to that for snyder though, and not saying that's what happened, just bs'in here).

HockeyGoddess 10-01-2003 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuomo Ruutu's Ego
Dany Heatley has a broken jaw, I can't believe anybody here would think that it could end his career. Many players have gotten broken jaws and played again in the NHL, heck most of them have played wearing protective equipment around their jaw while it's still broken - and they played.

Healtey will get over it and will be skating once again, Snyder is a different story. He was in critical condition last I heard and he has some sort of surgery yesterday I believe. But chances are he will prevail as well.

It wouldn't be injuries that would ruin/end Heatley's career.... if he ends up in jail, he won't exactly be of much use to any hockey team.

Snyder was jettisoned from the car and has/had a partially crushed skull. One of my friend's brothers suffered the same sort of incident, and has lived in a wheelchair ever since and is also mentally handicapped because of the injury to his head. I sincerely hope that Snyder's injuries aren't as severe as John's (my friend's brother) were, because that would make this even even sadder than it already is.