HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gagne and Handzus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=158637)

Nikkowar 08-04-2005 04:16 PM

Gagne and Handzus

Let's make this a sticky.

Gagne and Handzus are not going to be traded. Stop asking.

as we won't reply anymore..

there,i'm done my rant for the day :)

lynchmob450 08-04-2005 09:28 PM

THANK GOODNESS!!! :handclap:

i am dave 08-05-2005 10:43 AM

As much as I hope this comes to pass, never say never.

Ar-too 08-05-2005 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
Let's make this a sticky.

Gagne and Handzus are not going to be traded. Stop asking.

as we won't reply anymore..

there,i'm done my rant for the day :)

Methinks he doth protest too much.

avs4life 08-05-2005 11:58 AM

Before I hit you guys with the bad news I would like to take a second to congrats you guys on getting Forsberg. Now the bad stuff everybody is saying that the cap is at 39 mil but it is really at 37 mil the other 2mil is for bonuses and insurance so look at the chart

Peter Forsberg UFA (Colorado) $5.75 million
Mike Rathje UFA (San Jose) $3.5 million
Derian Hatcher UFA (Detroit) $3.5 million
Keith Primeau $3.42 million
Eric Desjardins $2.28 million
Michal Handzus $2.128 million
Donald Brashear $1.748 million
Mike Knuble $1.52 million
Sami Kapanen $1.52 million
Turner Stevenson $1.254 million
Joni Pitkanen $900,600
Mattias Timander $608,000
Chris Therien UFA (Dallas) $500,000
Jon Sim UFA (Pittsburgh) $450,000
Jeff Carter Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
Mike Richards Signed rookie deal Undisclosed
14 Players 2 Salaries Undisclosed $29,078,600

Carter and Richards will make 950k each . so add 1.9 mil so that will equal 30,978,600 the you still have to sign Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp that well add up to about 10 mil and your still missing a backup goalie and another forward add another 1mil for that the will be about 42 mil so that means there is about another 5mil to shave off good luck.

Flukeshot 08-05-2005 01:05 PM

Actually insurance etc is not included under the $39m. Timander is gone but can probably be replaced with what Seidenberg will make. Look at a bunch of other threads here for the breakdown. The Flyers will be tight and might have to move another body for nothing, but Handzus and Gagne are not going to be those players. Clarke would not give up Roenick, Handzus and Gagne just to sign Forsberg, Hatcher and Rathje.

FlyersProspect2 08-05-2005 01:19 PM

I don't think Gagne will be go anywhere but I wouldn't be to sure on Handzus. I would much rather keep him though.

MojoJojo 08-05-2005 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avs4life
Before I hit you guys with the bad news I would like to take a second to congrats you guys on getting Forsberg. Now the bad stuff everybody is saying that the cap is at 39 mil but it is really at 37 mil the other 2mil is for bonuses and insurance so look at the chart

Carter and Richards will make 950k each . so add 1.9 mil so that will equal 30,978,600 the you still have to sign Robert Esche, Simon Gagne, Kim Johnsson Branko Radivojevic, Dennis Seidenberg, Patrick Sharp that well add up to about 10 mil and your still missing a backup goalie and another forward add another 1mil for that the will be about 42 mil so that means there is about another 5mil to shave off good luck.

1. The cap does not include non salary costs, the cap is 39 mil. You are flat out wrong about this
2. Forsberg signed 2 years for 10.7, so his salary is 5.35 per.
3. Antero Nittymaki is our backup, and will make the league minimum
4. Minor adjustment, Carter and Richards will actually be making $942,400
5. How do you figure 10 mil for our RFA's?

Sharp=500K
Seidenberg=500K
Radivojevic=700K
Gagne=2mil
Johnson=2.4mil
Esche=2mil.
Total = 8.1 mil.

Since Esche had stats slightly below Aebischer last season, and otherwise is pretty identical experience wise, does that mean Colorado is going to pay him over 2 mil?

CharlieGirl 08-05-2005 01:34 PM

Another minor adjustment.... I believe Sim has to play all 82 games with the Flyers to earn the $450,000. Odds are against that happening. Also, Timander is not expected to return, so shave that $608,000 off of the total.

Larry44 08-05-2005 01:36 PM

Handzus led Flyer forwards in ice time last year. Hitch uses him a lot in all situations. He's not going anywhere.

Brashear can be traded, or Stevenson, if need be. Not worried.

GoneFullHextall 08-05-2005 01:54 PM

im not worried either. Its not like the Flyers have until tomorrow to deal these guys. I think i heard Clarke say its money he will work on the RFA's .
if salary is going to be cut its Brashear,Rico and Stevenson ahead of Handzus.
I agree Handzus is to valuable for this team to even think of dealing. I really wish the foolishness would stop that we are going to deal him for a 2nd rounder.

RLC 08-05-2005 02:00 PM

Philly needs 23 players, do the math.
Philly needs to dump some more. But no one will take just your scraps. Thier is a lot of scrap around for free.
has anyone done the math ? how much are you still over.
You need a goalie so there goes 2-3 mil. You want gagne but at your price of what 2 mil. big maybe. so that two players so your up to 16 and what 36-7mil. I did not no you can sign players for 150,000 these days.

mercury 08-05-2005 02:08 PM

I don't think Esche will cost $3 million. Johnsson, Gagne, and Esche together should be @$6 million.

Jester 08-05-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Joni Pitkanen $900,600

go away... or inform yourself before posting the same **** in multiple threads.

Brad* 08-05-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
1. The cap does not include non salary costs, the cap is 39 mil. You are flat out wrong about this
2. Forsberg signed 2 years for 10.7, so his salary is 5.35 per.
3. Antero Nittymaki is our backup, and will make the league minimum
4. Minor adjustment, Carter and Richards will actually be making $942,400
5. How do you figure 10 mil for our RFA's?

Sharp=500K
Seidenberg=500K
Radivojevic=700K
Gagne=2mil
Johnson=2.4mil
Esche=2mil.
Total = 8.1 mil.

Since Esche had stats slightly below Aebischer last season, and otherwise is pretty identical experience wise, does that mean Colorado is going to pay him over 2 mil?

And that's fairly high for Esche. I doubt he gets $2 million.

But you're right, it's about $8 million for 6 guys. If as long as they sound to very reasonable deals, the Flyers will able to fit under the cap. If they go slightly over, Brashear could easily be dumped. This should not be a problem, as much as other team's fans want it to be.

Bubba Thudd 08-05-2005 02:35 PM

2 mil for Gagne? Underpaid, IMO!

phlacheesesteak 08-05-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Joni Pitkanen $900,600

It appears, even though your grats are greatfully accepted, that you seem a little bitter about losing forsberg. well, i just hope you werent a quebec fan complaining about losing lindros when we traded for him in 92.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 08-05-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLC
Philly needs 23 players, do the math.
Philly needs to dump some more. But no one will take just your scraps. Thier is a lot of scrap around for free.
has anyone done the math ? how much are you still over.
You need a goalie so there goes 2-3 mil. You want gagne but at your price of what 2 mil. big maybe. so that two players so your up to 16 and what 36-7mil. I did not no you can sign players for 150,000 these days.

So our free scraps aren't as tasty as everyone elses? There's gonna be some teams that need guys like Brash and Desjardins, jesus look what we got for Fedorouk. Not everyone is gonna be payroll strapped and our 2-2.5 million dollar guys are gonna be appealing to some teams...I don't think Gagne is going anywhere unless someone knocks his socks off. Other teams won't screw the Flyers and take a chance on losing picks. Bye Brash, it's been fun watching you hammer Domi. ;)

Rails 08-06-2005 12:53 PM

Quote:

Joni Pitkanen $900,600

posting the same thing twice doesn't make it correct.

moulson 08-06-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
go away... or inform yourself before posting the same **** in multiple threads.

Don't be Rude the numbers do not lie... they probably just wont be able to keep
1 of Johnsson or Gagne personally they better try to keep Gagne... Arbitration
will be interesting!

Brad* 08-06-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moulson
will be interesting!

Umm...yes they will. This is so annoying, fans of other teams who don't even have a clue about the situation. Gagne and Johnsson will both be on the Flyers. Period. Now go away.

moulson 08-06-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
Umm...yes they will. This is so annoying, fans of other teams who don't even have a clue about the situation. Gagne and Johnsson will both be on the Flyers. Period. Now go away.

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Brad* 08-06-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moulson
TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

You can come back and start posting again when the Flyers can't bring back Gagne or Johnsson because of the cap. As it stands, they have $8 million for 6 RFA's, 3 of which will sign for around 600k-750K. That should get it done. If it doesn't, the Flyers would definitely dump slugs like Brashear or Stevenson before they let go of Gagne or Johnsson. That doesn't even make sense that would do otherwise. But sorry to disappoint you.

MojoJojo 08-06-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

will be interesting!
It is possible, but it will be difficult to get the RFA's signed. I figure that we have 8.2 for all six, maybe 6.3 for KJ, Gagne & Esche. That breaks down to 1.6-Esche, 2.1 Gagne, 2.6 Johnson. Very tight but not out of the question. I think Clarke will probably make a trade and free some room, but he will not trade any of our RFA's. Easiest would be to trade Brashear with part of his salary paid and then replace him with a fourth line grinder or goon from the phantoms at league minimum, we could save another 600K or so, which would be enough to make them all very reasonable offers.

i am dave 08-06-2005 08:37 PM

Quote:

and your still missing a backup goalie and another forward

I swear if I hear one more person tell me that the Flyers still need a backup goalie I'm going to flip out. Do you people seriously not know that the Flyers have a minor league team? Does Antero Nittymakii not exist? As for needing another forward, again, they can grab any number of kids (*cough* R.J. Umberger *cough*) from the Phantoms.

Grand total? $900k.

And by the way, taking into consideration the RFA qualifications, the Flyers say they are around $1.5M under the cap.