HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   real pm9 curve (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1586417)

danglesnipecelle 01-19-2014 10:07 PM

real pm9 curve
 
I have been using the pm9 (stamkos,cammallari,burrows,couterier etc..) curve for a while and I was wondering which players actually use this curve or a similar one because I am pretty sure that stamkos doesn't use as I have seen a pro stock stamkos. But I was wondering if burrows actually does use has he often utilizes his backhand and skates low to the ice which is good for the pm9 curve has the lie is low and the curve isn't that deep. anyways just something to think about

19Backstrom 01-19-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danglesnipecelle (Post 78366029)
I have been using the pm9 (stamkos,cammallari,burrows,couterier etc..) curve for a while and I was wondering which players actually use this curve or a similar one because I am pretty sure that stamkos doesn't use as I have seen a pro stock stamkos. But I was wondering if burrows actually does use has he often utilizes his backhand and skates low to the ice which is good for the pm9 curve has the lie is low and the curve isn't that deep. anyways just something to think about

It's way more complicated than that. NHL players sometimes use multiple curves, for different game situations (5-on-5, PP, penalty shot/shootout). Stamkos' pro stock curves look more like the P92 if I'm not mistaken.

AIREAYE 01-19-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 (Post 78366557)
It's way more complicated than that. NHL players sometimes use multiple curves, for different game situations (5-on-5, PP, penalty shot/shootout). Stamkos' pro stock curves look more like the P92 if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah it's close to P92.

Actually, a fair amount of pros use that curve or tweaked versions of it. The names on the sticks are for marketing and if they do use their namesake curve, it's coincidence.

goonx 01-20-2014 01:02 PM

What these guys said.

Also pros often get their own custom mold for their sticks or blow torch their curve. Sponsored by million dollar companies ofc.

They also get unlimited supply for those top players. Some might even use "stealth" sticks. AKA repainted Bauer or Easton disguised as Bauer.

Honestly the only thing these companies care about is using the names to market and sell their product.

AIREAYE 01-20-2014 01:53 PM

They don't cross-brand sticks. It'll never be an Easton disguised as a Bauer for example, let's make that clear.

19Backstrom 01-20-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 78367185)
Yeah it's close to P92.

Actually, a fair amount of pros use that curve or tweaked versions of it. The names on the sticks are for marketing and if they do use their namesake curve, it's coincidence.

Pros are like us, they grew up using certain retail curves, when they get to customize their own curve, it generally looks like the retail curve they used before.

AIREAYE 01-20-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onetimersniper28 (Post 78409021)
Pros are like us, they grew up using certain retail curves, when they get to customize their own curve, it generally looks like the retail curve they used before.

Exactly. The previous 'generation' of pros seemed to enjoy more heel curves like the Drury. Now, with more people growing up with latter day retail curves, you start to see more P92s and Iginlas and toe curves.

19Backstrom 01-20-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 78417687)
Exactly. The previous 'generation' of pros seemed to enjoy more heel curves like the Drury. Now, with more people growing up with latter day retail curves, you start to see more P92s and Iginlas and toe curves.

God I hate the heel wedges like the P91A, but I can't get enough of the big toe curves like the P08, P92 and to a lesser extent, the P14.

mikitas donut 01-21-2014 03:09 AM

I seem to be the only player in my team that likes a heel curve. Sher-Wood seems to be phasing out the Ryan on intermediates, so I may switch to the Ryan II. I think it's basically a P88.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.