HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What's left (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=158733)

dulzhok 08-04-2005 10:17 PM

What's left

I applaud Poile for not giving into the free agent freezy that’s going on. Some of this signings will be regretted down the road. The Markhov pick up was excellent, assuming that there are no issues with him playing for us. I’ve very glad to see Eaton back as well. Hordichuk will be an instant fan favorite.

Other names out there…

Sami Kapanen—can play either wing. Major connections to Kimmo. Could probably be had for no more than 1.5m. He’s a battler with some skill. Could play in a defensive role, but also could play effective on a scoring line. I’d love to have him on our team.

Igor Ulanov—this guy was really good for the Oilers the past two years. Seems to be off people’s radar. He would provide us with some more size and punch. Would be excellent insurance if/when injuries hit and if Suter doesn’t adapt quickly. He shouldn’t be that expensive.

Brad Lukowich— pretty steady. Shouldn’t be that expensive. If we can’t land Ulanov, I’d look here.

Centers—I was hoping for Dave Scatchard, as I think he’s a Scott Walker type player. But, oh well. Apparently we were going for Demitra… that would have been nice. Glad that we didn’t go after Zhamnov at that price. What’s left? Allison and Lindros? Unlikely, but I’d be happy if it happened. We’ll probably have to address our center situation via a trade.

Enoch 08-04-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
I applaud Poile for not giving into the free agent freezy that’s going on. Some of this signings will be regretted down the road. The Markhov pick up was excellent, assuming that there are no issues with him playing for us. I’ve very glad to see Eaton back as well. Hordichuk will be an instant fan favorite.

Other names out there…

Sami Kapanen—can play either wing. Major connections to Kimmo. Could probably be had for no more than 1.5m. He’s a battler with some skill. Could play in a defensive role, but also could play effective on a scoring line. I’d love to have him on our team.

Igor Ulanov—this guy was really good for the Oilers the past two years. Seems to be off people’s radar. He would provide us with some more size and punch. Would be excellent insurance if/when injuries hit and if Suter doesn’t adapt quickly. He shouldn’t be that expensive.

Brad Lukowich— pretty steady. Shouldn’t be that expensive. If we can’t land Ulanov, I’d look here.

Centers—I was hoping for Dave Scatchard, as I think he’s a Scott Walker type player. But, oh well. Apparently we were going for Demitra… that would have been nice. Glad that we didn’t go after Zhamnov at that price. What’s left? Allison and Lindros? Unlikely, but I’d be happy if it happened. We’ll probably have to address our center situation via a trade.

Yeah, it really is too bad Scatchard didn't work out, but hey, thats the risk of FA. I'm with you on likely having to trade for a center, and I think for once, we may actually pull a trade before the season starts to address this. We shall see, but some teams are just flat out stacked at the center position.....see LA and Philly.