HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Its time to beat Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15883)

p.l.f. 10-01-2003 06:24 AM

Its time to beat Ottawa

Im sick and tired of losing to these guys.

Slow them down, keep them to the outside, lay some big hits.

come on!

Joey24 10-01-2003 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
Im sick and tired of losing to these guys.

Slow them down, keep them to the outside, lay some big hits.

come on!

That's Easier said then done. Though I think Toronto has the team to beat Ottawa they just play stupid against these guys in pre-season for some reason I donít know why Ottawa uses their speed well against Toronto and the Leafs find it hard beating the Sens in the transition game. I thought Quinn was going to implement a defense first game this year. Kind of like the devils hell even the Sens play a defensive system and find it very successful.

p.l.f. 10-01-2003 07:15 AM

exactly.

trap them and make them come to you.
quinn seems to get outcoached by martin

loveshack2 10-01-2003 07:16 AM

Huh? When has Ottawa ever beat Toronto in a game that mattered?

p.l.f. 10-01-2003 07:19 AM

oh ya, the playoffs ;)

we have to thank cujo and shane for those

Shawn 10-01-2003 07:42 AM

Quote:

exactly.

trap them and make them come to you.
quinn seems to get outcoached by martin

Quinn seems to get out coached by alot of coaches.

monkey_00* 10-01-2003 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn
Quinn seems to get out coached by alot of coaches.

Ottawa is a great team with plenty of high flying talent up front....you can roll out the names like Hossa, Bonk, Havlat, Alfredsson, etc... but to me I feel this team took a HUGE step forward ever since they added Zdeno Chara to their defence....this guy is a real force back there....can't understand what drove the Islanders to ever get rid of him in the first place.......Martin likes to have him out there everytime Sundin's line is on the ice.

Dar 10-01-2003 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_00
....can't understand what drove the Islanders to ever get rid of him in the first place....

Three words.
Millbury, Yashin, Idiot.

(Four if you toss in Spezza) :D

Pinto 10-01-2003 11:55 AM

:lol:

monkey_00* 10-01-2003 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dar
Three words.
Millbury, Yashin, Idiot.

(Four if you toss in Spezza) :D

Oh ya that's right.........he was part of that Yashin deal.......They needed some offence in Long Island...I guess this was a good deal for both teams but I personally like Chara better than Yashin.

p.l.f. 10-01-2003 03:05 PM

how can we beat ottawa if we take a penalty every 2 minutes ??

Epoch 10-01-2003 03:37 PM

2nd period

Fight

Belak vs. Brookbank

This was a looong fight. Draw.

Epoch 10-01-2003 04:05 PM

2nd intermission

1-1

Giroux scores for Ottawa

Renberg scores 20 seconds later

(Renberg's goal assisted by KLEE!)

Leaf Army 10-01-2003 04:08 PM

Two goals in the last minute of the period.

Score 1-1. Renberg scored for the Leafs with the assist going to Ken Klee.

The Leafs are really outplaying the Sens. Ottawa only has 9 shots on goal.

Toronto's playing much more responsibly defensively than they have the whole preseason.

Leafer4Life 10-01-2003 04:10 PM

I guess this is the gameday thread. :) We sure tied up the game quickly nullifying Ottawa's lead! YEAH BABY WAY TO GO LEAFS!!!!!! :handclap: :yo:

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Hopefully that goal will inspire the leafs to score some more!!!!!!! ;)

Leaf Army 10-01-2003 04:15 PM

Anyone else who's watching the game....

Does anybody think that what we're watching out there could be the early stages of the Leafs implementing some kind of defensive system?

Maybe I'm crazy, but something about the way they're playing looks a bit different.

Epoch 10-01-2003 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Anyone else who's watching the game....

Does anybody think that what we're watching out there could be the early stages of the Leafs implementing some kind of defensive system?

Maybe I'm crazy, but something about the way they're playing looks a bit different.

I'm watching the game...its not very exciting...

TheJackal 10-01-2003 04:24 PM

I am listening to the game and they said Ottawa's goal was on a 2-1, did a Dman get caught pinching or make a mistake?

Leafer4Life 10-01-2003 04:25 PM

2-1 Sens. Ugh this is disappointing since we're outplaying them and everything! God I hate the Sens! :mad: :mad: :mad:

p.l.f. 10-01-2003 04:46 PM

i dont believe this.

lost again

Leafer4Life 10-01-2003 04:46 PM

This game has gone from bad to worse. Way to go Eddie. Now we're going to lose this game for sure........ 3-1 Senatards :mad:

Epoch 10-01-2003 04:58 PM

3-2 final.

Stajan scores, assisted by Green,Colaiacovo.

p.l.f. 10-01-2003 05:57 PM

thats irony for you

stajan) green coliaicovo

2 potential cuts and 1 unprotected guy

p.l.f. 10-02-2003 05:45 AM

Quinn is dead set against installing the stifling trap. "I still resist the idea of giving the puck up for no reason," he said.

sounds like a death sentence

Joey24 10-02-2003 06:43 AM

Quote:

Quinn is dead set against installing the stifling trap. "I still resist the idea of giving the puck up for no reason," he said.

sounds like a death sentence

The thing that I find funny is that Quinn does not really have this team bought into a system.. Allot of the time it looks like he lets the guys go out onto the ice and just do what they want and sometimes it shows (looks like a pond hockey game). Now I am not getting on Quinn's case and contradict myself with how I preach to give him a chance/ benefit of the doubt that he will make changes this year as to how he approaches the team with his coaching since he can concentrate all his attention to it now since he stepped down as GM. But it was only a month or two ago he was saying it looks like the only way teams can win is by playing a trapping system and we are going to try and adapt to it if that's what it takes... I have yet to see a pre season game where they even remotely played a trap style game. and if he was going to try it out I would of for sure though it would be pre season.