HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kariya to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=159114)

Reaper45 08-05-2005 03:57 PM

Kariya to Nashville
 
Kariya to Nashville. www.tsn.ca

Mindcircus 08-05-2005 03:58 PM

...
 
and the list grows shorter. The Kings could have easily made that offer to him.

Reaper45 08-05-2005 04:00 PM

Crap.

Greater Malison 08-05-2005 04:01 PM

Well at least he's out of the pacific. Good for the Preds.

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 04:01 PM

Kings must have made up their mind to get Palffy because we could easily have outbid Nashville.

mysteryman 08-05-2005 04:01 PM

4.5 over 2 years.......we couldnt have matched that? Hell thats well within our cap space. If we dont resign Palffy this offseason DT gets no better then a C grade and thats being generous.

nikolai19 08-05-2005 04:01 PM

This should set a bar for Palffy. Some rumors have Palffy being offered close to the same thing last night by LA. Kings should offer Palffy 2 years at $6.5million, take it or leave it right now.

swinginutter* 08-05-2005 04:02 PM

Himself with "mad skills" Sullivan, are going to be pretty fun to watch. Lots of skill and speed, and they got him at a serious bargain.
Ziggy should stop being greedy, and just sign already. What a pr*ck!

Mindcircus 08-05-2005 04:03 PM

...
 
The Palffy signing almost seems like a must now.

Game Misconduct 08-05-2005 04:03 PM

Good. If we had signed him, I would have puked.

He's a good player for Nashville. They've got a lot of grit, but not a lot of skill.

willywonka 08-05-2005 04:05 PM

Crap is right. I would have liked to see Kariya sign with the Kings. Did you see the numbers? $4.5mm over two years. I think that's a great signing for the upside that Kariya has. He was a $10mm player just a few years ago (overpaid yes). I would like to have Palffy if we don't have to pay over $4.5 - $5mm per year for two years, but I don't see it happening. He wants a longer deal and thinks he will get paid more. If Palffy doesn't want to sign here, then move on. Look for a trade later in the season or let the young kids develop. I'm happy with the moves so far. Roenick has done more in one day promoting the Kings and hockey in LA then Palffy has done in his whole career. Just my opinion.

guzmania 08-05-2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysteryman
4.5 over 2 years.......we couldnt have matched that? Hell thats well within our cap space. If we dont resign Palffy this offseason DT gets no better then a C grade and thats being generous.

I'm totally amazed, Demitra alone makes the off season a B. Isn't there any perspective anymore? C'mon snapout of it! KJ said it best- "ya' can't make 'em sign".

I will say that after LGK shut down the Kvetch-factor has skyrocketed around here.

Mxpunk 08-05-2005 04:07 PM

I'm sure the Kings made a comparable bid!!! Why would you choose Nashville over LA?????

willywonka 08-05-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzmaniac
I'm totally amazed, Demitra alone makes the off season a B. Isn't there any perspective anymore? C'mon snapout of it! KJ said it best- "ya' can't make 'em sign".

I will say that after LGK shut down the Kvetch-factor has skyrocketed around here.


I am totally happy with the way things are going. Demitra and JR are great pickups. I just hope we don't overpay to get Ziggy back.

Mindcircus 08-05-2005 04:15 PM

...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willywonka
I just hope we don't overpay to get Ziggy back.

We will.

T2M 08-05-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxpunk
I'm sure the Kings made a comparable bid!!! Why would you choose Nashville over LA?????

Bigger chance to be a star and lower cost of living. He'll keep way more of that 2.5 mil in Nashville than in LA.

Reaper45 08-05-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxpunk
I'm sure the Kings made a comparable bid!!! Why would you choose Nashville over LA?????

That's why I'm thinking the Ziggy deal is done. It has to be. Why let your only other option sign for dirt cheap when you could've signed him for more? Probably, at least I think so, is because your first option (Ziggy) is all but locked up.

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willywonka
I am totally happy with the way things are going. Demitra and JR are great pickups. I just hope we don't overpay to get Ziggy back.

Right now I think the Kings have the upper hand. With the crazy contracts being offered the money available to free agents is drying up. The longer Palffy waits to sign the less money he will get.

Face Wash 08-05-2005 04:19 PM

Kings could also wait for some apples to fall off the tree so to speak. Teams close to the cap might need to trade some players (a la Roenick). Don't rule that out.

I think the Kings should move past Ziggy and look to make a deal.

If they sign ZP, fine, but I wouldn't give him more than 2 years or more than what Demitra and PK got.

Spaz 08-05-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
That's why I'm thinking the Ziggy deal is done. It has to be. Why let your only other option sign for dirt cheap when you could've signed him for more? Probably, at least I think so, is because your first option (Ziggy) is all but locked up.


I was just thinking the same thing. BUT, if Ziggy doesn't sign, I'm gonna be a lot more pissed knowing Nashville got Kariya for chump change.

Sleestak 08-05-2005 04:21 PM

Palffy is worth 5 million a year in this marketplace. We really need him now that Kariya is off the market.

George

willywonka 08-05-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
Kings could also wait for some apples to fall off the tree so to speak. Teams close to the cap might need to trade some players (a la Roenick). Don't rule that out.

I think the Kings should move past Ziggy and look to make a deal.

If they sign ZP, fine, but I wouldn't give him more than 2 years or more than what Demitra and PK got.



agree

mysteryman 08-05-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willywonka
I'm happy with the moves so far. Roenick has done more in one day promoting the Kings and hockey in LA then Palffy has done in his whole career. Just my opinion.

This is actually a great point but one that backs up the fact Kariya would have been a better choice then Palffy.

Im happy with the moves DT has made but if this is the roster we start it will very frustration knowing that we passed on Kariya and couldnt land a legitimate enforcer after the last 3 seasons of being brutalized on a regular basis.

Just for once I like to see the team make an honest to god statement and not make moves via default.

Reaper45 08-05-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaz
I was just thinking the same thing. BUT, if Ziggy doesn't sign, I'm gonna be a lot more pissed knowing Nashville got Kariya for chump change.

So am I. I mean IF we don't sign Palffy, who is going to be available via trade for dirt cheap? Like who's going to be a salary dump ala JR?

Rmrod 08-05-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willywonka
Crap is right. I would have liked to see Kariya sign with the Kings. Did you see the numbers? $4.5mm over two years. I think that's a great signing for the upside that Kariya has. He was a $10mm player just a few years ago (overpaid yes). I would like to have Palffy if we don't have to pay over $4.5 - $5mm per year for two years, but I don't see it happening. He wants a longer deal and thinks he will get paid more. If Palffy doesn't want to sign here, then move on. Look for a trade later in the season or let the young kids develop. I'm happy with the moves so far. Roenick has done more in one day promoting the Kings and hockey in LA then Palffy has done in his whole career. Just my opinion.



I agree 100 percent. I would welcome Palffy back with open arms, but only if he takes a paycut. If not, I personally think that DT should give Cammalleri or Brown a chance at the top six.
Furthermore, with that money they should go after a golie with playoff experience Curtis Joseph:).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.