HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Where will Ziggy sign? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=159170)

Game Misconduct 08-05-2005 05:15 PM

Where will Ziggy sign?

Prediction time.

guzmania 08-05-2005 05:17 PM

San Jose

:deadhorse :sharks

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 05:19 PM

Detroit and Toronto do not have the cap room. So between Florida and the Kings I believe he would choose LA. Hey Guz....San Jose hasn't made any moves yet why would they start now? :confused:

guzmania 08-05-2005 05:24 PM

Because they haven't made any moves yet and they might be stung by Kariya going to Nashville. This division is going to be a dogfight. Load up now or load out early in April. They lack that high end scoring punch even worse than the Kings did last week. Sometimes when GMs hearts are broken the get silly on the rebound.

Albi 08-05-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
Prediction time.

mmmmmhmmmm---jinxing time

KJ, please, close this thread :D

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 05:31 PM

Why would anyone say Detroit? Where do you think the Wings are getting this money. They are already at the cap and are trying to figure out how to sign Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
mmmmmhmmmm---jinxing time

KJ, please, close this thread :D

This coming from the guy who jinxed us in the Crosby lottery...... :shakehead

Albi 08-05-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
This coming from the guy who jinxed us in the Crosby lottery...... :shakehead

LOL

I knew this was coming...

And btw, I didn't jinx anybody, it wasn't me who designed the avatar.
Come on Bob, don't blame...we've still got Kopitar after all...;)

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
LOL

I knew this was coming...

And btw, I didn't jinx anybody, it wasn't me who designed the avatar.
Come on Bob, don't blame...we've still got Kopitar after all...;)

I am not complaining about Kopitar.. In fact I am excited the Kings got him. But it is odd hearing you bring up jinxes. You may not have designed the Avitar but you did petition all Kings fans to change theirs. :p:

Albi 08-05-2005 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
I am not complaining about Kopitar.. In fact I am excited the Kings got him. But it is odd hearing you bring up jinxes. You may not have designed the Avitar but you did petition all Kings fans to change theirs. :p:

That's true, I started the thread.
The funny thing is that I'm italian and by definition VERY superstitious about sports (thank God only about sports). By example, I can't stand "Predictions threads" before the games, that's the worst jinx you can find. I don't know why I had that idea about Crosby, maybe just to make some noise, it was a kind of game, that's it.
But once the regular season will start, things will get serious.

McDonald19 08-05-2005 05:56 PM

NY Isles should have been a choice.

but I think he will end up back in LA.

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
NY Isles should have been a choice.

but I think he will end up back in LA.

I think the Islanders dropped out of the bidding when they signed Satan. The Rangers have been rumored though. I am not sure how serious they are.

AnThGrt 08-05-2005 06:13 PM

You are going to get to many votes for us because everyone here wants him and is believing he cant go anywhere but to us

Captain Ron 08-05-2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnThGrt
You are going to get to many votes for us because everyone here wants him and is believing he cant go anywhere but to us

Actually I am trying to look at the situation objectively. Who really can afford the money to get Palffy and has the cap room? Maybe 2 or 3 teams. The advantage that we have is that Ziggy has already played here, he knows the team really wants him, and we have Demitra.

Face Wash 08-05-2005 06:24 PM

Minnesota maybe...

swinginutter* 08-06-2005 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzmaniac
Because they haven't made any moves yet and they might be stung by Kariya going to Nashville. This division is going to be a dogfight. Load up now or load out early in April. They lack that high end scoring punch even worse than the Kings did last week. Sometimes when GMs hearts are broken the get silly on the rebound.

I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". SJ skull *****ed our division with a bunch of nobody's the last season. They have team speed, grit, good defense, and great goaltending. They really don't have to do much. They don't even really need to market, because there isn't ***** to do in SJ. They get great attendance regardless of who's on their roster. They got rid of all their marquee players and actually ended up doing better.
That's why I really want to see Cammy and Brown on the second line, as they're hungry to prove something, especially at this level.

Ziggy needs to drop his agent and sign with us!

Kingz4life 08-06-2005 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinginutter
I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". SJ skull *****ed our division with a bunch of nobody's the last season. They have team speed, grit, good defense, and great goaltending. They really don't have to do much. They don't even really need to market, because there isn't ***** to do in SJ. They get great attendance regardless of who's on their roster. They got rid of all their marquee players and actually ended up doing better.
That's why I really want to see Cammy and Brown on the second line, as they're hungry to prove something, especially at this level.

Ziggy needs to drop his agent and sign with us!

I think Ziggy wil be back and that would leave one spot open for Camms and Browny to fight for. Unless, Klatt and/or Army is gone I think whoever loses that battle will be sent down to Manchester

Legionnaire 08-06-2005 02:26 AM

Other: Ziggy will play in the MHL(Mexican Hockey League for you amateurs) and will play for the Mexico City Matadores.

AVE MAN 08-06-2005 02:54 AM

Toronto (unfortunately)

King Blazer 08-06-2005 08:48 AM

In the past week, the Kings added Demitra who is a self-described good friend of Ziggy's. Then, by luck or whatever, JR feel to them. The result is that the options for linemates for Ziggy has increased substatially. He could find himself playing on JR's wing. I'm thinking that JR will provide a bit of protection for Ziggy. If skating on a line with JR isn't to Ziggy's liking what about using his buddy Demitra as a center and having Ziggy on his wing? If, the possibility of skating on the wing for either JR or Demitra isn't enough for Ziggy, he probably wasn't coming back to L.A. anyway. I think short of bringing back Stumpel (if the package rumors are true), DT and company have put together a great scenario for Palffy; if he walks, so be it. It's on Ziggy, not DT...

Try Cammalleri on the RW of one of the two top lines. IF he doesn't cut it, move him and make line adjustments. Demitra can play on the RW if needed. Is it an ideal situation to put Demitra on the wing? I don't know. Is using Cammalleri on the RW on one of the two top lines better than using Palffy? No, but it's more likely than not what they'd have to do for 15-20 games anyway given Ziggy's injury history.

If Ziggy wants to hold out for a 4th year, let him walk. I think 3-yrs is a stretch with Palffy. Are there other teams that will go 4-yrs with Ziggy? Probably. I just hope the Kings aren't one of them. How is Ziggy's shoulder really? He basically played 49 or 50 games in Europe last season. Was he even hit once over there? I don't know. Will Ziggy even be healthy for the playoffs? Again, I don't know.

*BLoTTo* 08-06-2005 09:03 AM

It's simple. If he doesn't sign here, he's a complete A$$HOLE. ENOUGH already. But.. my heart has been saying Islanders. He's been there before, and with He, Yashin and Satan that's pretty sick. Just come home Ziggy. Dammitt!!!~

Captain Ron 08-06-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *BLoTTo*
It's simple. If he doesn't sign here, he's a complete A$$HOLE. ENOUGH already. But.. my heart has been saying Islanders. He's been there before, and with He, Yashin and Satan that's pretty sick. Just come home Ziggy. Dammitt!!!~

Unfortunately for the Isles they don't have that kind of cap space. As it sits right now (before RFA signings) the NYI have over 22 million commited to 8 players. That would leave about 15-17 million to give to 15 players. If they gave Palffy in the $4-5 million range they would be hard pressed to sign very many RFA's.

swinginutter* 08-06-2005 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
In the past week, the Kings added Demitra who is a self-described good friend of Ziggy's. Then, by luck or whatever, JR feel to them. The result is that the options for linemates for Ziggy has increased substatially. He could find himself playing on JR's wing. I'm thinking that JR will provide a bit of protection for Ziggy. If skating on a line with JR isn't to Ziggy's liking what about using his buddy Demitra as a center and having Ziggy on his wing? If, the possibility of skating on the wing for either JR or Demitra isn't enough for Ziggy, he probably wasn't coming back to L.A. anyway. I think short of bringing back Stumpel (if the package rumors are true), DT and company have put together a great scenario for Palffy; if he walks, so be it. It's on Ziggy, not DT...

Try Cammalleri on the RW of one of the two top lines. IF he doesn't cut it, move him and make line adjustments. Demitra can play on the RW if needed. Is it an ideal situation to put Demitra on the wing? I don't know. Is using Cammalleri on the RW on one of the two top lines better than using Palffy? No, but it's more likely than not what they'd have to do for 15-20 games anyway given Ziggy's injury history.

If Ziggy wants to hold out for a 4th year, let him walk. I think 3-yrs is a stretch with Palffy. Are there other teams that will go 4-yrs with Ziggy? Probably. I just hope the Kings aren't one of them. How is Ziggy's shoulder really? He basically played 49 or 50 games in Europe last season. Was he even hit once over there? I don't know. Will Ziggy even be healthy for the playoffs? Again, I don't know.

:clap: good post! couldn't agree more.

Ziggy seriously needs to wake up. He's making a spectacle out of this (at least for me). Loyalty is being put to the test, and right now he has none of it!

Goallum 08-06-2005 12:13 PM

I'm thinking ATL

Game Misconduct 08-06-2005 07:25 PM

We have 20 wise posters. Pittsburgh. ;)