HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trade prop to SJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=159230)

phlacheesesteak 08-05-2005 07:03 PM

Trade prop to SJ

I have a collage of ideas for a trade:

1.Johnsson and a 3rd rounder in 06' for Brad Stewart and Wayne Primeau
2.Johnsson and a 2nd rounder (maybe a 3rd round dp too) in 06' for Stewart, Cheechoo, Primeau
or
3.Johnsson and Brashear and somewhere around a fifth rounder in 06' for Stewart, Parker, Primeau

What do you think? Just an idea...I love Johnsson and think hes a great player and no doubt should be phillys lead D man this year, but im just throwing the idea out there......... :biglaugh:

mercury 08-05-2005 07:04 PM

1. no
2. no
3. no

easton122 08-05-2005 07:37 PM

We have physical defensemen now so Stuart isn't necessary.

dumpsathernow* 08-05-2005 08:40 PM

So essentially you want to trade overrated garbage for their best talent.

I suggest you go to the Yanks board on ESPN

swflyers8* 08-05-2005 08:40 PM

I believe NO is the answer you are looking for. :biglaugh:

Rex88 08-05-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyrangerfan

Are you calling KJ garbage - if so get a clue - or better go back to the Rags forum.

GnomE 08-05-2005 09:24 PM

The 2nd proposal is just lopsided in Philly favor but still doesn't make sense from the Flyers point of view because Johnsin(sp) is a better ofensive player than Stuart.

Stuart-Pitkanen on the points? very weak, at least for this year, and especially on a cup contending team

GoneFullHextall 08-05-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyrangerfan

still bitter over the Lindros trade? :biglaugh:

FlyersProspect2 08-05-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
still bitter over the Lindros trade? :biglaugh:

I'd say so

chris39bong 08-06-2005 06:38 AM

None of those are bad proposals, but SJ would never do any of them. KJ is a quality d-man, what i like to call a 2nd tier allstar, but Stuart turned a major corner in 03/04 and is finally starting to put it all together. I'm too lazy to get into specifics at the moment, but today they're pretty much equal d-men with different strengths, weaknesses, and abilities. In the (very near) future, however, Stuart will become the better player. The only question remaining is how much better? No way will SJ, a team so big on chemistry, trade present equal value when they're current player is younger, cheaper, and has the higher upside. W. Primeau is also the type of 3rd/4th liner that'll be extremely valuable in the new NHL with his combination of size, speed, two-way ability, and versatility. Their recent losses of Ricci and Harvey makes his presence on the team that much more important. It would also take more than a 2nd rounder to land Cheech. Which is too bad because Cheechoo would be almost a near perfect linemate for Forsberg. Finally, SJ historically has had little use for enforcers, and so i doubt they'll trade for one of the most overpriced enforcers on the market when they already have a guy who is well respected as a fighter and better suited for the 4th line duty in which SJ employs their enforcers, if at all.

donelikedinner 08-06-2005 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hattrickshockey2
KJ is a quality d-man, what i like to call a 2nd tier allstar, but Stuart turned a major corner in 03/04 and is finally starting to put it all together..... In the (very near) future, however, Stuart will become the better player. The only question remaining is how much better?

you're kidding right? you must be seriously be kidding. KJ is not a 2nd tier d-man, he could be #1 on almost any team. his contibutions on the ice are massive (ice time, PK, PP, Skating, passing, great positioning, etc..)

KJ:
Regular Season Playoffs Regular Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2001-02 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 82 11 30 41 42 5 0 0 0 2
2002-03 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 82 10 29 39 38 13 0 3 3 8
2003-04 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 80 13 29 42 26 15 2 6 8 8

Stuart: Regular Playoffs
2001-02 San Jose Sharks NHL 82 6 23 29 39 12 0 3 3 8
2002-03 San Jose Sharks NHL 36 4 10 14 46 -- -- -- -- --
2003-04 San Jose Sharks NHL 77 9 30 39 34 17 1 5 6 13

sorry, but nice try KJ is better and will stay better for years to come.

CanuckistanFlyerfan 08-06-2005 08:57 AM

Trade prop to SJ? I have news for you...Propp's retired :sarcasm:

Sanderson 08-06-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
you're kidding right? you must be seriously be kidding. KJ is not a 2nd tier d-man, he could be #1 on almost any team. his contibutions on the ice are massive (ice time, PK, PP, Skating, passing, great positioning, etc..)

KJ:
Regular Season Playoffs Regular Playoffs
2001-02 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 82 11 30 41 42 5 0 0 0 2
2002-03 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 82 10 29 39 38 13 0 3 3 8
2003-04 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 80 13 29 42 26 15 2 6 8 8

Stuart: Regular Playoffs
2001-02 San Jose Sharks NHL 82 6 23 29 39 12 0 3 3 8
2002-03 San Jose Sharks NHL 36 4 10 14 46 -- -- -- -- --
2003-04 San Jose Sharks NHL 77 9 30 39 34 17 1 5 6 13

sorry, but nice try KJ is better and will stay better for years to come.

Read his post again, it says 2nd tier allstar ;)

donelikedinner 08-06-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanderson
Read his post again, it says 2nd tier allstar ;)

yeah, but Stuart will never be better than KJ unless he gets on the MLB steriod program :D

stanley 08-06-2005 10:45 PM

Brad Stuart is much more than simply a physical defenseman. His style is not much unlike Johnsson's, although he doesn't have Johnsson's experience. Still, he's experienced enough.

At any rate, these proposals should really have been exposed earlier for what they do not to Philadelphia's lineup but their payroll. Where does Philly come up with the money to make this move? Why do they need ANOTHER center? Essentially, you need to have San Jose include a money-printing machine to make the deal palatable for Philly, and explain why San Jose would just up and decide to throw in Cheechoo (who at 24 scored 28 goals last year - I need an explanation or at least notification that you're currently in therapy).

Furthermore, that the Flyers have less than $3M in cap room should really be one of the worst-kept secrets on these boards.

DeleteThisAccount 08-06-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlyerphan
Trade prop to SJ? I have news for you...Propp's retired :sarcasm:

And the way Clarke's been going lately, he'd still get a 2nd for it! :D

MassiveHabs 08-07-2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
I have a collage of ideas for a trade:

1.Johnsson and a 3rd rounder in 06' for Brad Stewart and Wayne Primeau
2.Johnsson and a 2nd rounder (maybe a 3rd round dp too) in 06' for Stewart, Cheechoo, Primeau
or
3.Johnsson and Brashear and somewhere around a fifth rounder in 06' for Stewart, Parker, Primeau

What do you think? Just an idea...I love Johnsson and think hes a great player and no doubt should be phillys lead D man this year, but im just throwing the idea out there......... :biglaugh:

I think for number 2, throw in Gagne instead of the the second rounder, and include the 3rd rounder, and it would be a helluva deal, but I'm a big Gagne fan. Some good young talent get shuffled around...

phlacheesesteak 08-07-2005 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassiveHabs
I think for number 2, throw in Gagne instead of the the second rounder, and include the 3rd rounder, and it would be a helluva deal, but I'm a big Gagne fan. Some good young talent get shuffled around...

yeah but theres no way in hell Phi will give up gagne right now period

Rails 08-07-2005 01:18 AM

Quote:

yeah but theres no way in hell Phi will give up gagne right now period

But you are ready and willing to give up Johnsson?

San Jose and Philadelphia don't make good trading partners. They both have good defense and goaltending. They could both add scoring wingers.

phlacheesesteak 08-07-2005 12:13 PM

yeah, i see your point i was a little tipsy lastnight when i wrote that....give me a break jesus

then again i would rather keep gagne than johnsson at this point, even though i said when i posted the thread and still stand by my statment that johnsson should be our #1 D man this year...IMO they should both be signed asap, but i felt that trade idea was good to mention at the time. nevertheless if Clarke is smart he'll never want to part with either of these two. I do kinda wish he would have been able to get stuart instead of Rathje for the same amount tho b/c IMO Stuart is an altogether better D...excuse me for trying to be creative, i didnt realize that there was a rule against that when i signed up :sarcasm:

donelikedinner 08-07-2005 12:15 PM

Quote:

yeah, i see your point i was a little tipsy lastnight when i wrote that....give me a break jesus

then again i would rather keep gagne than johnsson at this point, even though i said when i posted the thread and still stand by my statment that johnsson should be our #1 D man this year...IMO they should both be signed asap, but i felt that trade idea was good to mention at the time. nevertheless if Clarke is smart he'll never want to part with either of these two...my bad for trying to be creative, i didnt realize that there was a rule against that when i signed up :sarcasm:

apology accepted, just don't do it again. :D

phlacheesesteak 08-07-2005 12:58 PM

jeezzz now i cant even drink anymore....you HF guys are harsh!! ;)