HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Roster Moves Chris VandeVelde: cleared waivers, sent to Phantoms; Rinaldo activated from IR (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1593353)

MiamiScreamingEagles 01-29-2014 10:58 AM

Chris VandeVelde: cleared waivers, sent to Phantoms; Rinaldo activated from IR

Info to come...

OK, now up on the Flyers' site:

Quote:

It looks like Zac Rinaldo is ready to come back.

The Flyers have placed forward Chris Vandevelde on waivers today. If he clears, the Flyers have the option to send him back down to the Adirondack Phantoms.

They could keep him on the active roster even if he clears, but it’s unlikely they would risk losing Vandevelde to another team if there wasn’t another roster move pending.

With Rinaldo poised to return from injured reserve, the Flyers would have to make a roster move to make room for him on the roster. The team is only allowed to have 23 active players on the roster, which means Rinaldo can’t come off I.R. until there is a vacant spot available.

The only players on the current Flyers roster who do not have to clear waivers to be sent down to the Phantoms are Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn and Michael Raffl, which makes waiving Vandevelde the obvious move.

If he clears, he will likely join the Phantoms immediately as Rinaldo is joining the Flyers on the trip to California.

Vandevelde carries a cap hit of $550,000 for the Flyers. He has one assist in 16 games this season.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=25724
--------------------------------

January 30, 2014: VandeVelde loaned to Phantoms. Rinaldo activated from IR.

LegionOfDoom91 01-29-2014 11:01 AM

I'm not really a fan of VV but I would rather have him over Rinaldo.

Rinaldo doesn't draw penalties this year & barely even hits anymore making him pretty damn useless.

DrinkFightFlyers 01-29-2014 11:02 AM

Meh, I guess Rinaldo is back. He played better than expected, wouldn't be surprised if he got claimed.

Embiid 01-29-2014 11:02 AM

How are we supposed to win out West now? :sarcasm:

DrinkFightFlyers 01-29-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 78978889)
I'm not really a fan of VV but I would rather have him over Rinaldo.

Rinaldo doesn't draw penalties this year & barely even hits anymore making him pretty damn useless.

No patience to see if he can turn it around though, right? I mean the guy is 23 and already declining. :sarcasm:

Embiid 01-29-2014 11:06 AM

Zachary Rinaldo isn't what he was under Lavi...but I still like his game when he's on....his PK skills are also improving.

LegionOfDoom91 01-29-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 78978977)
No patience to see if he can turn it around though, right? I mean the guy is 23 and already declining. :sarcasm:

Nah, he's a pretty limited player to where it really isn't worth it to wait around for. I know you're joking but still Zac's lifespan in this league is coming to an end.

HighOFFHockey 01-29-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 78979351)
Nah, he's a pretty limited player to where it really isn't worth it to wait around for. I know you're joking but still Zac's lifespan in this league is coming to an end.

Lol no its's not. This is nonsense. Give me a break. I love when people make definitive decisions on young players. :handclap:

LegionOfDoom91 01-29-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey (Post 78979675)
Lol no its's not. This is nonsense. Give me a break. I love when people make definitive decisions on young players. :handclap:

Rinaldo is a dime a dozen player who barely brings anything to the table but big hits (which he barely does anymore). His age means nothing when his skill set was very limited to begin with.

GoneFullHextall 01-29-2014 11:25 AM

i dont mind it as long as Rosehill sits as well. But we know that isnt happening. Rosehill is Berube's boy.
Not looking forward to the 4th line getting stuck out there on Thursday against Getzlaf and Perry.

RJ8812* 01-29-2014 11:26 AM

Raffl moved off the 1st line and VandeValde waived?

FINALLY

Curufinwe 01-29-2014 11:32 AM

VdV is a better PKer than Rinaldo, and much less likely to give away dumb penalties. He only had 3 minors in 18 games compared to Zac's 18 in 44.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=penalties

The Couturier Effect 01-29-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curufinwe (Post 78980497)
VdV is a better PKer than Rinaldo, and much less likely to give away dumb penalties. He only had 3 minors in 18 games compared to Zac's 18 in 44.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=penalties

This. Vandevelde may not bring a whole lot to the table, but he's disciplined and defensively responsible. He knows his role and keeps his game simple. Rinaldo often tries to do too much, which leaves him out of position. Unless Rinaldo can return to last year's form, I don't see him being an effective player outside of sticking up for teammates.

Beef Invictus 01-29-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 78978977)

The guy has practically no talent to begin with. Why should they be patient? Rinaldo is not the sort of guy who plays 200 NHL games.

Beef Invictus 01-29-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey (Post 78979675)

He has basically no offensive upside. He isn't good defensively. He's not hitting much anymore, which is his one skill. He's not drawing penalties. He's in the box a lot. There's a low overall ceiling for the guy.

GoneFullHextall 01-29-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 78981657)
He has basically no offensive upside. He isn't good defensively. He's not hitting much anymore, which is his one skill. He's not drawing penalties. He's in the box a lot. There's a low overall ceiling for the guy.

gonna be fun seeing Rinaldo and Rosehill stuck out there against the top line in Anaheim

LegionOfDoom91 01-29-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 78981929)
gonna be fun seeing Rinaldo and Rosehill stuck out there against the top line in Anaheim

Berube really hasn't been going with Rosehill of late so that gives me some hope but in the end who knows what goes through that dudes head half of the time when making lineup decisions.

CSKA1974 01-29-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 78980185)
i dont mind it as long as Rosehill sits as well. But we know that isnt happening. Rosehill is Berube's boy.
Not looking forward to the 4th line getting stuck out there on Thursday against Getzlaf and Perry.

I wish the had waived rosehill instead. But, i guess, Flyers need a resident goon.

Embiid 01-29-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 78981657)

We got Goulbourne waiting in the wings...no worries! :sarcasm:

Anyway, while I agree that Zach has regressed...still willing to not give up on the guy just yet. Want to see how adjusts to Berube. Seems like he played better for Lavi which is surprising considering how Lavi screwed up player's development particularly ones with actual skill....

DrinkFightFlyers 01-29-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 78981577)
The guy has practically no talent to begin with. Why should they be patient? Rinaldo is not the sort of guy who plays 200 NHL games.

It was a joke. I even had the sarcasm face!

Although, I would prefer to have Rinaldo over VV. I see no reason why he can't play like he did last year, which is better than VV has this year, IMO.

Curufinwe 01-29-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 78981929)

Surely only one of Rosehill or Rinaldo will be on the 4th line with Raffl and Hall.

Hiesenberg 01-29-2014 12:26 PM

Hall & Raffl are fixtures on that 4th now. Raffl is a legit NHL forward. Hall does almost everything he's asked to do well. Rinaldo should be ok. He's not worse than VV

Curufinwe 01-29-2014 12:42 PM

He's a lot worse at taking dumb penalties.

Embiid 01-29-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curufinwe (Post 78984095)
He's a lot worse at taking dumb penalties.

The whole Flyers team is "dumb" when it comes to penalties...one of the league leaders again even with a new coach...

But yeah this year Rinaldo hasn't helped and been in check as much as last year....

lancer247 01-29-2014 02:12 PM

curious, what is the Flyer's record since Rinaldo went down?