HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1593957)

The Nuge 01-29-2014 11:49 PM

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th
 
AHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Marc Arcobello F 5'9" 165 Oklahoma City 15 10 18 28 6
Brandon Davidson D 6'1" 202 Oklahoma City 58 3 8 11 44
Travis Ewanyk F 6'1" 184 Oklahoma City 58 6 5 11 96
Taylor Fedun D 6'0" 190 Oklahoma City 55 7 22 29 49
Martin Gernat D 6'5" 191 Oklahoma City 50 3 16 19 30
Curtis Hamilton F 6'3" 202 Oklahoma City 32 6 6 12 13
Roman Horak F 6'0" 175 Oklahoma City 47 18 22 40 16
Abbotsford 13 2 5 7 6
Brad Hunt D 5'9" 188 Oklahoma City 56 11 33 44 28
Oscar Klefbom D 6'3" 204 Oklahoma City 45 1 8 9 10
Kale Kessy F 6'3" 202 Oklahoma City 46 2 4 6 71
Anton Lander F 6'0" 194 Oklahoma City 4 17 26 43 24
Philip Larsen D 6'1" 183 Oklahoma City 7 1 6 7 4
Martin Marincin D 6'4" 187 Oklahoma City 24 3 4 7 4
Andrew Miller F 5'10" 180 Oklahoma City 41 7 15 22 12
David Musil D 6'4" 203 Oklahoma City 50 1 9 10 48
Tyler Pitlick F 6'2" 193 Oklahoma City 38 8 14 22 10

ECHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Martin Gernat D 6'5" 191 Bakersfield 3 0 1 1 6
Kale Kessy F 6'3" 202 Bakersfield 3 1 0 1 0
David Musil D 6'4" 203 Bakersfield 3 1 0 1 2

WHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Ben Betker D 6' 5" 200 Everett 68 7 14 21 102
Greg Chase F 6' 0" 195 Calgary 70 35 50 85 83
Jackson Houck F 6' 0" 194 Vancouver 69 34 27 61 72
Jujhar Khaira F 6' 4" 215 Everett 59 16 27 43 59
Mitch Moroz F 6' 2" 208 Edmonton 70 35 28 63 156

OHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Darnell Nurse D 6'4" 185 Sault Ste. Marie 64 13 37 50 91
Kyle Platzer F 5'11" 176 London 39 9 8 17 14
Owen Sound 27 13 6 19 12

QMJHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Marco Roy F 6'0" 175 Blainville-Boisbriand 39 14 21 35 39

NCAA
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Evan Campbell F 6'0" 195 UMass-Lowell 31 8 2 10 18
Kellen Jones F 5'9" 164 Quinnipiac 39 18 24 42 25
Joey Laleggia D 5'9" 182 Denver 36 12 11 23 36
John McCarron F 6'3" 219 Cornell 32 7 17 24 43
Dillon Simpson D 6'2" 200 North Dakota 39 7 15 22 18

USHL
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Aidan Muir F 6'3" 182 Indiana 49 13 20 33 60

Europe
Player Position H W Team GP G A Pts PIM
Erik Gustafsson D 6'0" 176 Frolunda 50 2 18 20 16
Anton Slepyshev F 6'2" 194 Salavat Yulaev Ufa 36 3 5 8 4
Tolpar Ufa (MHL) 2 2 2 4 0
Antti Tyrvšinen F 5'10" 198 Jokerit 41 5 9 14 142
Bogdan Yakimov F 6'5" 202 Neftekhimik 33 7 5 12 2
Reaktor (MHL) 5 4 2 6 0
Daniil Zharkov F 6'4" 235 Nizhny Novgorod 49 2 3 5 35
HK Sarov (VHL) 6 1 1 2 2

Goalies
Player Position H W Team GP Wins GAA SV%
Richard Bachman G 5'10" 175 Oklahoma City 42 20 3.09 .907
Laurent Brossoit G 6'3" 202 Alaska Aces 12 8 1.75 .934
Abbotsford 2 0 5.72 .824
Oklahoma City 8 2 3.60 .888
Bakersfield 25 17 2.05 .924
Tyler Bunz G 6'1" 198 Oklahoma 5 2 3.63 .901
Bakersfield 13 5 2.55 .903
Niko Hovinen G 6'7" 200 Novokuznetsk 18 2 3.01 .916
Vladivostok 7 1 2.51 .921
Ty Rimmer G 5'11" 170 Oklahoma 3 1 2.65 .930
Quad City 39 18 2.84 .906
Frans Tuohimaa G 6'2" 179 HPK 19 ? 3.12 .894
Sport 5 ? 2.52 .925

The Nuge 01-29-2014 11:50 PM

last couple posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dem (Post 78942543)
Moroz finished with a goal tonight

27th of the year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40oz (Post 78946489)
Now he's tied with Jackson Houck for goals, kid doesnt get much love around here.

But to be fair I'm pretty confident that Moroz could beat up every one in the league with more goals than him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 78954983)
Houck has 27 goals?? Dang


jumptheshark 01-30-2014 12:03 AM

isnt Niko Hovinen a ufa now?

The Nuge 01-30-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozwell (Post 79023229)
isnt Niko Hovinen a ufa now?

No. We retained his rights as well as Tyrvainen

AimsforGenji 01-30-2014 12:07 AM

Wrong thread! lol.

Fedun should definitely be called up.

40oz 01-30-2014 03:22 AM

I wonder what the chances are of John McCarron turning pro this summer?
He is the captain at Cornell, and another year may serve him well. But I could see the Oilers being interested in adding a big young forward to OKC.

ohheyhemsky 01-31-2014 11:31 PM

Should we add a Toronto Marlies grouping onto our prospects stats board? Especially considering our pro scouting and their Marlie blinders as of late.

40oz 02-02-2014 12:30 AM

Nurse with a goal and +2 in a 3-0 win
Moroz with 2 goals
Both Khaira and Betker were MIA for Everett (played with only 10FWDs)
Evan Campbell with a PP goal for UMass Lowell

nexttothemoon 02-02-2014 02:59 AM

Ty Rimmer named CHL player of the week (last week):

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4733021

belair 02-03-2014 09:56 AM

Watched Darnell Nurse in a 2-1 loss to North Bay on Sunday afternoon. He finished with no points and was even on the afternoon.

Basically the scouting reports on him have been dead on. His defensive zone awareness is unparalleled. He simply doesn't make errors at this level and should be labeled as a shut-down defender.

But his offensive game has a lot of room to grow. Despite having 41 points in 51 games, he still lacks a pro-level shot. And with him being the go to guy on the back end in the Sault, he finds himself doing too much on the offensive end of his game. He had a couple nice rushes, but this type of game will almost certainly lead to numerous turnovers at the pro level.

Fingers crossed that Ekblad falls into our laps because Ekblad's puck moving ability would almost be the perfect compliment to Nurse's defensive ability.

Compared to when I'd seen him earlier this year, I wouldn't say it's a certainty that he plays in Edmonton next fall. He's still got a lot of growth ahead of him, but his game definitely looks promising.

Delicious Pancakes 02-03-2014 11:48 AM

2 goals over the weekend for Evan Campbell. Nice to see he's starting to produce.

McDeathbyCheerios* 02-03-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belair (Post 79278223)
Watched Darnell Nurse in a 2-1 loss to North Bay on Sunday afternoon. He finished with no points and was even on the afternoon.

Basically the scouting reports on him have been dead on. His defensive zone awareness is unparalleled. He simply doesn't make errors at this level and should be labeled as a shut-down defender.

But his offensive game has a lot of room to grow. Despite having 41 points in 51 games, he still lacks a pro-level shot. And with him being the go to guy on the back end in the Sault, he finds himself doing too much on the offensive end of his game. He had a couple nice rushes, but this type of game will almost certainly lead to numerous turnovers at the pro level.

Fingers crossed that Ekblad falls into our laps because Ekblad's puck moving ability would almost be the perfect compliment to Nurse's defensive ability.

Compared to when I'd seen him earlier this year, I wouldn't say it's a certainty that he plays in Edmonton next fall. He's still got a lot of growth ahead of him, but his game definitely looks promising.

I'm liking how is only apparent issue is his shot. With more muscle and practice that is very fixable

Sloth Slothersons* 02-03-2014 05:33 PM

Good stuff! Hoping MacT can work some magic this summer so we'll have no choice but to keep him down in Junior.

McMozesmadness 02-03-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons (Post 79302951)
Good stuff! Hoping MacT can work some magic this summer so we'll have no choice but to keep him down in Junior.

Agreed, my feeling is that even if he's ready he should go back to the OHL, we can not rush him.

Mr Forever 02-03-2014 09:02 PM

Nurse and Schultz could be a good pairing, possibly.

McDeathbyCheerios* 02-04-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 79321371)
Nurse and Schultz could be a good pairing, possibly.

Except both are right dmen. Unless you mean Nick Schultz.. Then that's an awful idea.

McDNicks17 02-04-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathbyCheerios (Post 79356373)
Except both are right dmen. Unless you mean Nick Schultz.. Then that's an awful idea.

Nurse is a leftie.

McDNicks17 02-04-2014 01:57 PM

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Dillon Simpson leads the NCHC defenseman scoring race with 12 pts in 14 league games and leads NCHC in blocked shots (all games) with 58.

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Additionally, Simpson is tied for the national lead among d-men with 2 GWG and his 4 PPG are one off the national lead among blueliners.

RebuildTheRebuild 02-04-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 79360753)
North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Dillon Simpson leads the NCHC defenseman scoring race with 12 pts in 14 league games and leads NCHC in blocked shots (all games) with 58.

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Additionally, Simpson is tied for the national lead among d-men with 2 GWG and his 4 PPG are one off the national lead among blueliners.

Thats good to hear. Sounds like he has really taken a step in his game compared to last year. He is another lefty though which just leaves us a log jam in the minors for next year. I am assuming that one of our LD prospects will be moved at some point.

Aceboogie 02-04-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 79360753)
North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Dillon Simpson leads the NCHC defenseman scoring race with 12 pts in 14 league games and leads NCHC in blocked shots (all games) with 58.

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDMHockey 4m
Additionally, Simpson is tied for the national lead among d-men with 2 GWG and his 4 PPG are one off the national lead among blueliners.

More importantly he has almost the same points as college great, and best player for the 2012 (2013,2014 and 2015) draft Mark Jankowski. That alone should elevate you to superstar prospect status

McDNicks17 02-04-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrenR (Post 79361533)
Thats good to hear. Sounds like he has really taken a step in his game compared to last year. He is another lefty though which just leaves us a log jam in the minors for next year. I am assuming that one of our LD prospects will be moved at some point.

I don't think it will be too crowded.

Lots of the lefties down there can play the right side.

Musil and Hunt have played a bunch of RD in OKC and I'm pretty sure Gernat played most of his time at RD for the Oil Kings.

CornKicker 02-04-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topchowda (Post 79362089)
More importantly he has almost the same points as college great, and best player for the 2012 (2013,2014 and 2015) draft Mark Jankowski. That alone should elevate you to superstar prospect status

awesome, to be in the same statistical category as THE MJ is huge

RebuildTheRebuild 02-04-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 79362651)
I don't think it will be too crowded.

Lots of the lefties down there can play the right side.

Musil and Hunt have played a bunch of RD in OKC and I'm pretty sure Gernat played most of his time at RD for the Oil Kings.

Oh alright I did not realize that. Good to know then.

OF17 02-04-2014 03:13 PM

Trading a couple D prospects for immediate help is almost worth it for signing Simpson alone. I know if I were him I would find it tough to commit to an organization with Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Musil, and Davidson all in the pro system.

EDIT: Nurse of course isn't in the pro system, but he will be soon.

McDNicks17 02-04-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilerfan17 (Post 79365375)
Trading a couple D prospects for immediate help is almost worth it for signing Simpson alone. I know if I were him I would find it tough to commit to an organization with Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin, Gernat, Musil, and Davidson all in the pro system.

EDIT: Nurse of course isn't in the pro system, but he will be soon.

Marincin and Nurse won't be in the AHL and Davidson has stagnated/regressed this season, so he won't have to worry about them, imo.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.