HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Lines w/ Kariya & Nichol (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=159686)

C-J Carlson 08-06-2005 10:24 PM

Lines w/ Kariya & Nichol

Walker - Kariya - Sullivan
Erat - Legwand - Hartnell
Stevenson - Johnson - Hall
Hordichuk - Nichol - Tootoo

Anyhoo...

Pred303 08-06-2005 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty Personified

Anyhoo...

assuming no more center pickups(but which i think will happen in the next 60 days)
i think you're probably close here...trotz in the last two days in different interviews has specifically mentioned two things...one, letting sullivan center walker and kariya..and the other was having legwand center kariya's line(he didn't mention whether he was thinking walker or sullivan on the other wing in that possibility)

i think if we go to war with this group with no more pickups(unlikely),that upshall(or less likely gamache)will win a starting spot over stevenson and stevenson will be carried as the 13th forward..i really believe stevenson's role will be a spot starter instead of hordichuk(who you would think would play about 55-60 games)...of course smithson could still beat out nichol for the 4th line center job too...still lot of possibilities here

PredFred 08-07-2005 12:08 AM

I don't think you'll see Kariya playing center. You don't move a ppg player to a new position...you play him where he's scored those points.

Joe T Choker 08-07-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Anyhoo...

Switch Walker to RW, Kariya to LW & Sully to C and the rest looks good to me

Stars-Preds 08-07-2005 02:24 AM

I tend to think Kariya will be paired with Legwand in hopes that Leggy will finally become that No. 1 center we drafted him to be. I also think Gamache will be in there somewhere.

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Hartnell - Sullivan - Walker
Gamache - Johnson - Hall
Hordichuk/Stevenson - Smithson/Nichol - Tootoo

... I also think there's a good chance we go after a No. 2 type center changing up lines to something like this:

Kariya - Legwand - Sullivan
Erat - Unknown Center - Walker
Hartnell - Johnson - Gamache/Hall
Hordichuk/Stevenson - Smithson/Nichol - Tootoo/Hall

nine_inch_fang 08-07-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leg11wand
I tend to think Kariya will be paired with Legwand in hopes that Leggy will finally become that No. 1 center we drafted him to be. I also think Gamache will be in there somewhere.

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Hartnell - Sullivan - Walker
Gamache - Johnson - Hall
Hordichuk/Stevenson - Smithson/Nichol - Tootoo

... I also think there's a good chance we go after a No. 2 type center changing up lines to something like this:

Kariya - Legwand - Sullivan
Erat - Unknown Center - Walker
Hartnell - Johnson - Gamache/Hall
Hordichuk/Stevenson - Smithson/Nichol - Tootoo/Hall

If we do get another center I would agree that it will be a #2. The way I see it is Poile and Trotz still believe that above all other variables Leggy just didn't have the talent around him to be the true #1 stats wise. Now he will center PK and Sully which are 2 true first line wingers, as much as we love Walks and as far as he has come he really is a second line wing.

handtrick 08-07-2005 09:05 AM

Nichol may get a try on the 3rd line...the coaches seemed pretty aggressive in wanting him as he became available for free agency on Friday according to the Rag:

"He's a player who only became available in free agency (Friday) and our coaches were aware of him and really wanted us to get him,'' Predators General Manager David Poile said. "He is a guy that will help us on our third or fourth line. He's not too big in stature, but he is very sturdy.''

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...508070409/1028

misfit 08-07-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredFred
I don't think you'll see Kariya playing center. You don't move a ppg player to a new position...you play him where he's scored those points.

Exactly. I think Ryan Smyth and the Oilers proved last year, that just because you're a forward, it doesn't mean you can play center (and most wingers are ususally not very effective on the opposite wing). That's why guys like Sullivan, York, Kvasha, Bell, and Ruutu who can play all 3 forward positions are such great players to have.

Kariya - Legwand - Walker
Erat - Sullivan - Hall
Hartnell - Johnson - Stevenson

Timmonen - Markov
Eaton - Hamhuis
Zidlicky - Allison

Vokoun
Mason

Kurtangletn 08-07-2005 09:15 AM

Kariya aint a center, nor does he have the size to be one. Unless you like giving the puck to the other team of course

barrytrotzsneck 08-07-2005 12:23 PM

misfit, I think you'll see suter on that third pairing on most occasions, rather than allison.

Bubba64 08-07-2005 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
assuming no more center pickups(but which i think will happen in the next 60 days)
i think you're probably close here...trotz in the last two days in different interviews has specifically mentioned two things...one, letting sullivan center walker and kariya..and the other was having legwand center kariya's line(he didn't mention whether he was thinking walker or sullivan on the other wing in that possibility)

i think if we go to war with this group with no more pickups(unlikely),that upshall(or less likely gamache)will win a starting spot over stevenson and stevenson will be carried as the 13th forward..i really believe stevenson's role will be a spot starter instead of hordichuk(who you would think would play about 55-60 games)...of course smithson could still beat out nichol for the 4th line center job too...still lot of possibilities here

I think that Severson has better chance to 4th line center than Smithson .... acording to Trotz ..

Hartnell - Sullivan - Erat
Gamache/Upshall - Johnson - Hall
Hordichuk/Stevenson - Nichol/Severson - Tootoo

Timonen - Markov
Eaton - Zidlicky
Suter - Hamhuis

handtrick 08-07-2005 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba64
I think that Severson has better chance to 4th line center than Smithson .... acording to Trotz ..

Timonen - Markov
Eaton - Zidlicky
Suter - Hamhuis

I don't think Severson has played much center in Milwaukee....I think he has been almost exclusively a winger....

triggrman 08-07-2005 01:29 PM

I think Uphall will beat out Stevenson and Gamache, his speed with this line-up will be as perfect fit

Pred303 08-07-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba64

Timonen - Markov
Eaton - Zidlicky
Suter - Hamhuis

he was talking about smithson,not cam severson...severson played no center in milwaukee,never took a draw that i heard,didn't play on the pk,is 27 years old and has never really been able to stick with any big league team....and to my knowledge,we didn't offer the guy a qualifying offer or contract this summer...milwuakee people think he won't even be back with them,but i would think the preds would sign the guy if he's not picked up by anyone else,he was tough,if not overly skilled and could play on a checking line with them again.....just cann't see a situation where severson could make the opening day roster for the preds

Pred303 08-07-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I think Uphall will beat out Stevenson and Gamache, his speed with this line-up will be as perfect fit

me too trig..i truly think upshall is ready to step in on the 3rd line and turn some heads

misfit 08-07-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
misfit, I think you'll see suter on that third pairing on most occasions, rather than allison.

You're right. I also forgot to add Upshall in the lineup as I think he'll make the team this year. Those lines should have been:

Erat - Sullivan - Hall
Hartnell - Johnson - Upshall

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Eaton
Zidliky - Suter

Vokoun
Mason

that's how I see it, anyway.

Basher 08-07-2005 02:43 PM

so far that looks right - i would kind of hope for hartnell being on the 2nd line, either him or erat playing the right, which they are both capable of. hartnell can score, and i think hes gonna be better after becoming a norwegian god.

Radulov for Czar* 08-07-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit
You're right. I also forgot to add Upshall in the lineup as I think he'll make the team this year. Those lines should have been:

Erat - Sullivan - Hall
Hartnell - Johnson - Upshall

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Eaton
Zidliky - Suter

Vokoun
Mason

that's how I see it, anyway.

I would assume that Hammer and Suter would play togeter, giving Zids someone who is more responsible in the defensive end. Suter may be a great player, but will have rookie mistakes. Hammer would be there to cover more than Zids.

burgess1978 08-07-2005 09:21 PM

Do you want Sullivan and Kariya on the same line? Great for speed but they're both small.

I'd say.

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Erat-[UFA]-Sullivan
Hartnell-Johnson-Hall
Hordichuk-Stevenson-Tootoo

Nichol
Upshall

Eaton-Timonen
Hamhuis-Markov
[UFA or Rookie]-Zidlicky

Allison

nine_inch_fang 08-07-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgess1978
Do you want Sullivan and Kariya on the same line? Great for speed but they're both small.

I'd say.

Kariya-Legwand-Walker
Erat-[UFA]-Sullivan
Hartnell-Johnson-Hall
Hordichuk-Stevenson-Tootoo

Nichol
Upshall

Eaton-Timonen
Hamhuis-Markov
[UFA or Rookie]-Zidlicky

Allison

If you are worried about Sully and PK on the same line you might want to exchange Erat and Harts to have 3 balanced lines.

C-J Carlson 08-08-2005 10:45 AM

I'd pair Danny Markov with Marek Zidlicky, since Zidlicky is very offensive-minded and Markov can watch his back. I think Eaton, being such a solid, consistent and dependable player, would be a great partner for Ryan Suter. Pairing Kimmo Timonen, who's slightly more defensive-minded, with Dan Hamhuis will allow Hamhuis to provide more offense, IMO.

As for my forward lines, see the first post of this thread. But I'd just like to add that I don't think Scottie Upshall is ready for the NHL just yet. Another year with AHL Milwaukee would do him good. And Libor Pivko took a step back last season, so he needs to really impress the team in training camp to get any consideration. IMO, he's not ready either. I'm not sure about Timofei Shishkanov.

Christopher "Beautiful" Carlson
Canada's #1 Nashville Predators Fan
"You can never have too many pucks."

C-J Carlson 08-08-2005 10:47 AM

Actually, I just looked at my original post and realized I made a couple of mistakes with the first line. It should be Steve Sullivan centering Paul Kariya on the left and Scott Walker on the right. I believe Coach Barry Trotz has mentioned the possibility of Sullivan moving to center.

Anyhoo...

triggrman 08-09-2005 10:51 AM

Poile and Trotz have talked about how Markov will give Kimmo more freedom to join the rush. So I'm pretty sure they'll play on the top pairing together.

Isles72 08-10-2005 02:16 PM

hmm ...where does Shishkanov fit ?

Freddie Mercury 08-10-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Anyhoo...

Kariya isn't a Center. :teach: