HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Waiver Draft - Oilers Protection List (Official) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15974)

Mizral 10-01-2003 11:18 AM

Waiver Draft - Oilers Protection List (Official)
 
Edmonton Oilers

Protected

Eric Brewer, D; Jason Chimera, F; Mike Comrie, F; Cory Cross, D; Radek
Dvorak, F; Scott Ferguson, D; Shawn Horcoff, F; Ralph Intranuovo, F; Brad
Isbister, F; Georges Laraque, F; Ethan Moreau, F; Fernando Pisani, F; Marty
Reasoner, F; Jason Smith, D; Ryan Smyth, F; Steve Staios, D; Mike York, F;
Alexander Zhurik, D; Ty Conklin, G; Tommy Salo, G.

Available

Adam Bennett, D; Kari Haakana, D; Michael Henrich, F; Chad Hinz, F; Jan
Horacek, D; Fredrik Lindquist, F; Dan Smith, D; Rocky Thompson, F; Jamie
Wright, F; Sergei Yerkovich, D; Steve Valiquette, G.

Mowzie 10-01-2003 11:22 AM

nice, no overly important names on that list. Jamie wright might get stripped by a Minnesota or Nashville, but I think the other guys are safe.

Mizral 10-01-2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
nice, no overly important names on that list. Jamie wright might get stripped by a Minnesota or Nashville, but I think the other guys are safe.

Anyone who watched the Oilers camp closely and lacks good young goalies might want to take a flyer on Valiquette, though.

IceDragoon 10-01-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
Anyone who watched the Oilers camp closely and lacks good young goalies might want to take a flyer on Valiquette, though.

My first thought upon seeing the lists.

Fender 10-01-2003 11:44 AM

Why protect these 2 bums:
Ralph Intranuovo and Alexander Zhurik?

Wouldnt you rather protect Wright, Thompson, Dan Smith, Henrich, Horacek ( the big prize from the Weight trade :rolleyes: ) or Valiquette?? Makes no sense to me.

I understand that you have to expose a player if you pick one, but why risk losing good depth, while protecting plugs?

Oilersyul89 10-01-2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fender
Why protect these 2 bums:
Ralph Intranuovo and Alexander Zhurik?

Wouldnt you rather protect Wright, Thompson, Dan Smith, Henrich, Horacek ( the big prize from the Weight trade :rolleyes: ) or Valiquette?? Makes no sense to me.

I understand that you have to expose a player if you pick one, but why risk losing good depth, while protecting plugs?

Because if Lowe picks someone up, he has to unprotect another player. So if he picks up a player, you can bet Ralph Intranuovo will be unprotected :yo:

Fender 10-01-2003 11:54 AM

Names of note that are available:
Curtis Joseph (big suprise)
Pavel Bure (injured of course)
Chris Therien (cmon KLo!)
Steve Shields
Brian Boucher
Pavel Trnka (cmon KLo!)
Jaroslav Bednar
Ivan Novoseltsev
Karl Dykhuis
Marius Czerkawski
Mattias Timander (cmon KLo!)
Nikos Tselios
Todd Harvey
Travis Green
Robert Reichel

Oilersyul89 10-01-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fender
Names of note that are available:
Curtis Joseph (big suprise)
Pavel Bure (injured of course)
Chris Therien (cmon KLo!)
Steve Shields
Brian Boucher
Pavel Trnka (cmon KLo!)
Jaroslav Bednar
Ivan Novoseltsev
Karl Dykhuis
Marius Czerkawski
Mattias Timander (cmon KLo!)
Nikos Tselios
Todd Harvey
Travis Green
Robert Reichel

Klo go and get Cujo for FREE!!!! What???? 8 million doallars a year?? On second thought, you can keep him Detroit...

jofa 10-01-2003 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fender
Chris Therien (cmon KLo!)


Please no Therien in Edmonton!

How about Traverse/Dykhuis? Or Simpson in Phoenix? Tselios may be an interesting gamble as well.

PigeonCamera 10-01-2003 12:00 PM

Full Waiver List
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny08
Klo go and get Cujo for FREE!!!! What???? 8 million doallars a year?? On second thought, you can keep him Detroit...

Full Waiver List


In case anyone's interested.

M00se 10-01-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fender
Names of note that are available:
Curtis Joseph (big suprise)
Pavel Bure (injured of course)
Chris Therien (cmon KLo!)
Steve Shields
Brian Boucher
Pavel Trnka (cmon KLo!)
Jaroslav Bednar
Ivan Novoseltsev
Karl Dykhuis
Marius Czerkawski
Mattias Timander (cmon KLo!)
Nikos Tselios
Todd Harvey
Travis Green
Robert Reichel


Ya know, I would like to see the Oilers pick up Boucher. I know he makes 2 mil but if Salo is awfull again this year i would feel alot more confident with Boucher as a back up as apposed to Conklin.

I would also like to see them take a flyer on Ivan Novoseltsev. He's only 24 and some good potential. I just don't think you can have too many good prospects.

Obsessed 10-01-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fender
Names of note that are available:
Curtis Joseph (big suprise)
Pavel Bure (injured of course)
Chris Therien (cmon KLo!)
Steve Shields
Brian Boucher
Pavel Trnka (cmon KLo!)
Jaroslav Bednar
Ivan Novoseltsev
Karl Dykhuis
Marius Czerkawski
Mattias Timander (cmon KLo!)
Nikos Tselios
Todd Harvey
Travis Green
Robert Reichel

ADD

Theo Fluery
Brian Savage

Savage might not be a bad pick up for cheap?

PigeonCamera 10-01-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsessed
ADD

Theo Fluery
Brian Savage

Savage might not be a bad pick up for cheap?

Well, he's injured a lot (only played half a season or less for the last 2 years.) But on the plus side, he's expensive. :)

I'm just kidding, Obsessed...Savage was a great first half player for years in Montreal, but he's on his last legs, and just doesn't put up the points even when he's healthy any more.

As for Theo being available...no big surprise there. Therien would be a good pick up, but what's his salary? Plus, we don't actually get a pick until the 17th of the second round...

Seachd 10-01-2003 12:17 PM

The Oilers pick 31st, so there might not be anything interesting left. Besides, I don't really see anyone on that list that intrigues me, other than someone young like Novoseltsev... but he probably won't last long.

Digger12 10-01-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny08
Because if Lowe picks someone up, he has to unprotect another player. So if he picks up a player, you can bet Ralph Intranuovo will be unprotected :yo:

I think there's also a rule (not 100% sure) that you can only protect a maximum of 2 goalies, thus the exposure of Valiquette.

Funkymoses 10-01-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
Edmonton Oilers

Protected

Marty Reasoner, F;

it's still unbelievable that he was a) unprotected last year and b) unclaimed.

ZIM 10-01-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fender
Names of note that are available:
Curtis Joseph (big suprise)
Pavel Bure (injured of course)
Chris Therien (cmon KLo!)
Steve Shields
Brian Boucher
Pavel Trnka (cmon KLo!)
Jaroslav Bednar
Ivan Novoseltsev
Karl Dykhuis
Marius Czerkawski
Mattias Timander (cmon KLo!)
Nikos Tselios
Todd Harvey
Travis Green
Robert Reichel

Is this an opening for Colorado to get Cujo?

USC Trojans 10-01-2003 12:31 PM

Looking at the list, here are some people that I'd like the Oilers to take a look at:

Shane Willis
Dan Tkaczuk
Nikos Tselios
Jeff Heerema
Mattias Timander
Patrick Traverse
Ivan Novoseltsev
Mike Mottau

(repeat of post from another thread)

PineJockey 10-01-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omar
Is this an opening for Colorado to get Cujo?

I don't think so. If they take him off the waiver don't they have to pay his full salary? Detroit was already trying to trade him AND pay part of his salary. What a mess.

IceDragoon 10-01-2003 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger12
I think there's also a rule (not 100% sure) that you can only protect a maximum of 2 goalies, thus the exposure of Valiquette.

You sir, are correct. 18 skaters and 2 goalies is all you can protect. It still took me back a little to actually see his name on the available list.

OYLer 10-01-2003 01:09 PM

Referees steal the show in futile outing


By ROBIN BROWNLEE -- Edmonton Sun

Quote:

The Oilers submitted a protected list of 18 skaters and two goaltenders to the the NHL yesterday for Friday's waiver draft.
Protected
Daniel Cleary

Available
Alexandre Daigle

Makes no sense to me. Cleary is only 3 years younger than Daigle. Wonder if Lowe would that a flyer at rehabilitating the former first overall draft pick in 1993. Wonder if he coulod play center?

zamboni 10-01-2003 01:30 PM

PL isnt' going to just pick up Cujo. If I know him the least bit, he'll try out Aeb and Suave out first. He is more than aware that he has a chance to have a solid 1-2 tandem at a cheap price. If Aeb fails in his starting role, I bet he has a plan B up his sleeve.

O.T. 10-01-2003 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny08
Because if Lowe picks someone up, he has to unprotect another player. So if he picks up a player, you can bet Ralph Intranuovo will be unprotected :yo:

But why not just protect someone like Wright instead of Intravanuovo. Because even if we pick someone up we could throw Wright onto the unprotected list. Right now he is available for every round, if we pick someone up and bump him to unprotected would'nt it be less likely for him to be picked. And if we don't pick up another player which is highly likely Wright has no chance of being claimed. And I'm sure nobody would steal our Ralphie on us.

Sorry but you response does'nt make any sense. :dunno:

dawgbone 10-01-2003 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.T.
But why not just protect someone like Wright instead of Intravanuovo. Because even if we pick someone up we could throw Wright onto the unprotected list. Right now he is available for every round, if we pick someone up and bump him to unprotected would'nt it be less likely for him to be picked. And if we don't pick up another player which is highly likely Wright has no chance of being claimed. And I'm sure nobody would steal our Ralphie on us.

Sorry but you response does'nt make any sense. :dunno:

Well let's put it this way... Wright was signed as a free agent, meaning if anyone wanted him they could have gotten him earlier.

Now, chances are Lowe talked to his agent to find out if there were any other offers for him, and if there wasn't, I would assume he didn't feel it was necessary to protect him.

Oilhitch 10-01-2003 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny08
Because if Lowe picks someone up, he has to unprotect another player. So if he picks up a player, you can bet Ralph Intranuovo will be unprotected :yo:


I guess this means that K-Lowe will be active in the draft, picking up 2 players by the looks of it. Otherwise I do not understand why he would protect Intranuovo, and Zhurik. There are a few guys on the "Available List" that Lowe should have protected. Wright comes to mind, because I thought the Oilers were really impressed with his play through the pre season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.