HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumor: LA Kings looking at Markov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1598007)

rockjngo 02-04-2014 10:49 AM

LA Kings looking at Markov
 
ESPN radio mentioned LA is looking at defenseman Andrew (its Andrei) Markov. San Jose and Colorado are also in the running for Markov's service. Its unclear if Bergervin will move Markov. Its believed that Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson and a 1st round pick is the asking price.

Louie Jean (some guy from sportsnet) said Colorado offered PA Parenteau for Rene Bourque. Bergervin said no and asked for Jamie Mcginn. Parenteau is not a grinder and Mcginn is. With the recent trade Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise, looks like the Habs are trying to get bigger and add grinders. I see Bergervin being interested in Clifford who has 5 points in 48 games this year.

True Tick and Tin 02-04-2014 10:50 AM

that would be amazing ... but then again, didn't we just get a Kyle Clifford in Dale Weise? ...

pine* 02-04-2014 10:50 AM

Seems to me that MB is gearing up unofficially for a run at Connor McDavid

Canadian_Brewtality 02-04-2014 10:51 AM

i think its Jimmy Murphy who reported that Markov's name was being mentioned in tarde rumours.

http://www.xnsports.com/2014/02/03/m...andrei-markov/

PunkinDrublic* 02-04-2014 10:52 AM

Trading Markov for Clifford !! Now deres somm hokey sence for ya !:laugh:

JohnLennon 02-04-2014 10:53 AM

Tanner Pearson along with a first for Markov seems a bit high. Would love that trade.

Madevilz 02-04-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 (Post 79348335)
Trading Markov for Clifford !! Now deres somm hokey sence for ya !:laugh:

the quest for character continues... and the 1st overall pick.

radicalcenter 02-04-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockjngo (Post 79348219)
ESPN radio mentioned LA is looking at defenseman Andrew (its Andrei) Markov. San Jose and Colorado are also in the running for Markov's service. Its unclear if Bergervin will move Markov. Its believed that Kyle Clifford, Tanner Pearson and a 1st round pick is the asking price.

Louie Jean (some guy from sportsnet) said Colorado offered PA Parenteau for Rene Bourque. Bergervin said no and asked for Jamie Mcginn. Parenteau is not a grinder and Mcginn is. With the recent trade Raphael Diaz for Dale Weise, looks like the Habs are trying to get bigger and add grinders. I see Bergervin being interested in Clifford who has 5 points in 48 games this year.

Yes please

BigDaddyLurch 02-04-2014 10:55 AM

...if LA LA Land wants Markov, please see payment here:


http://thehockeyhouse.net/wp-content...8/Toffoli1.jpg


:handclap:

Habit11 02-04-2014 10:55 AM

They should absolutely create a bidding war for Markov just to see what they could get especially considering how generous GMs get around the deadline. If they don't move him though, and re-sign him, MB better improve the roster otherwise it's pointless to keep him and not really be a threat to win the East.

Canadian_Brewtality 02-04-2014 10:56 AM

Thinking out loud here, but is O'Reilly untouchable now?

Cause if Colorado is interested in Markov, wouldn someone work a deal around O'Reilly. Would take more obviously, but Markov is an interesting piece for that team going into the playoffs.

Uber Coca 02-04-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnLennon (Post 79348393)
Tanner Pearson along with a first for Markov seems a bit high. Would love that trade.

Can you give more informations about Pearson? Looks like he's having an OK season in the AHL.

Jee 02-04-2014 10:58 AM

Frolov :scared:

Maverik 02-04-2014 10:58 AM

Why is everyone saying it's Markov for Clifford? Did you miss that the rumor is also including an NHL ready 1st round pick and another 1st round pick?

Richiebottles 02-04-2014 10:58 AM

Not a bad return IMO. Kyle Clifford can slot into our third line, it makes bourque expendable. Then Pearson can be on our second line wing and a first is always nice to have. The reality is... trade your players while they still have value and bring the young guys up.

EDIT: Didnt see Pearson was in the AHL. Maybe not ready for second line duties yet.

Pierre Dagenais 02-04-2014 10:58 AM

I don't want MB to trade Markov. That would basically mean that we give up on the playoffs.

Agalloch 02-04-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 (Post 79348335)
Trading Markov for Clifford !! Now deres somm hokey sence for ya !:laugh:

I know but Markov is a UFA.

Richiebottles 02-04-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais (Post 79348577)
I don't want MB to trade Markov. That would basically mean that we give up on the playoffs.

I doubt that we make any impact in the playoffs. I say we trade Bourque/Markov/Briere/Gionta and move on with the youth.

Adriatic 02-04-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 79348499)
Thinking out loud here, but is O'Reilly untouchable now?

Cause if Colorado is interested in Markov, wouldn someone work a deal around O'Reilly. Would take more obviously, but Markov is an interesting piece for that team going into the playoffs.

I would do that trade tomorrow morning..dream!

Phil Parent 02-04-2014 11:01 AM

If they trade Markov, it sends the wrong message to the room and the fans.

To be honest, I don't know that much about Pearson and Clifford.

Previous reports talked about Toffoli for Markov.

Jeffrey 02-04-2014 11:01 AM

I want Forbort instead of Clifford

ThaDevilGirl 02-04-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jee (Post 79348563)
Frolov :scared:

Where's Patrick Caisse when you need him?

MD thaivuN 02-04-2014 11:03 AM

Yay, let's trade all our skill players (expect Desharnais) for bottom line players.

Madevilz 02-04-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverik (Post 79348565)
Why is everyone saying it's Markov for Clifford? Did you miss that the rumor is also including an NHL ready 1st round pick and another 1st round pick?

Which are basically 2nd round picks.
Pearson was passed over in two previous drafts btw.

Adriatic 02-04-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Parent (Post 79348701)
If they trade Markov, it sends the wrong message to the room and the fans.

To be honest, I don't know that much about Pearson and Clifford.

Previous reports talked about Toffoli for Markov.

What message and what fans. The only message I get from trading Markov is that the team wants to get better and build for the future. I mean do the fans want to keep the same team and keep on losing forever.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.