HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Pothier - Exempt from Waivers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=15986)

discostu 10-01-2003 11:34 AM

Pothier - Exempt from Waivers

I just saw the Waiver list, and I didn't see Pothier's name in the protected or exposed lists. I guess he must be exempt. I could have sword we needed to protect him.

Oh well, it looks like we'll be keeping Hnidy around then. The pressbox will be a little more crowded, that's all.

Puck 10-01-2003 11:40 AM

The Pothier exemption threw me off too. It must have something to do with the fact he has fewer than 60 NHL games? But he's 26 years old, I thought the over 25 gang had to be protected but....

The clubs keep the lists close to their vests right up until the end, it is hard to figure out what is happening without a Master's degree in Waiver Rules Math.

discostu 10-01-2003 11:43 AM

On another note, good ol' Wild Bill Muckalt is available for the taking. :yo:

Puck 10-01-2003 11:45 AM

I wonder if Colorado will pick up Cujo if he's still available at that point. Or maybe Sather might grab him before...

Poor Muckalt...

SensGod 10-01-2003 11:53 AM

Ottawa Senators

Protected

Daniel Alfredsson, F; Radek Bonk, F; Zdeno Chara, D; Mike Fisher, F; Martin
Havlat, F; Shane Hnidy, D; Marian Hossa, F; Curtis Leschyshyn, D; Chris
Neil, F; Chris Phillips, D; Karel Rachunek, D; Wade Redden, D; Peter
Schaefer, F; Petr Schastlivy, F; Bryan Smolinski, F; Shaun Van Allen, F;
Vaclav Varada, F; Todd White, F; Patrick Lalime, G; Martin Prusek, G.

Available

Dennis Bonvie, F; Wade Brookbank, F; Daniel Corso, F; Denis Hamel, F; Jody
Hull, F; Josh Langfeld, F; Joe Murphy, F; Christer Olsson, D; Serge Payer,
F; Andy Schneider, F; Peter Smrek, D; Andrew Allen, G.

Other Dave 10-01-2003 12:14 PM

Christer Olsson! Oh please somebody take him.

Other Dave

Dr.Sens(e) 10-01-2003 06:11 PM

The rules for the waiver draft are like the trying to define the exact rules of the Matrix -- just when you think you have it figured out...

I've been a long-time advocate of moving Leschyshyn for the simple reason I would rather trade him than lose one of the "three" to waivers. I even mentioned it in the latest article on HF. Now somehow Pothier is exempt? As Puck said, I don't understand how that happens at the age of 26, but "we'll take it".

And Muckler better hang on to Christer Olsson or I'm cancelling my season tickets. He'll turn out to be a steal before things are all said and done.

Hossa 10-01-2003 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Other Dave
Christer Olsson! Oh please somebody take him.

Other Dave

The universe will not be stable until Olsson does something to prove that that deal does something for the Senators. Nothing can be that unbalanced and not be sorted out in some way. Naslund and Stojanov is another example, but at least Naslund is threatening to retire soon. :rolleyes: