HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Proposal: Proposal Thread: Trying It Again (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1598995)

dnicks17 02-05-2014 02:59 PM

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Proposals here.

Rumors in the other thread.

GreatKeith 02-05-2014 03:02 PM

Stupid team is stupid. Brain transplants are needed.

Jimmi Jenkins 02-05-2014 03:05 PM

I'd settle for drugs

Njoy Oilers 02-05-2014 03:05 PM

The arrogance of some is quite telling.

My wife's comment, when I showed her the last few pages of last proposal thread. :laugh:

She felt better when I told her most of you lived in your mom's basement. :sarcasm:

jumptheshark 02-05-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers (Post 79439093)

My wife's comment, when I showed her the last few pages of last proposal thread. :laugh:

She felt better when I told her most of you lived in your mom's basement. :sarcasm:

hey-- I lice under the London Bridge with the other Romanian Trolls and rather interesting wives-- who all look like Paulina Poriskova

Empros 02-05-2014 03:10 PM

Can't you guys have a rumor thread where it's only mod submissions?

LTIR 02-05-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empros (Post 79439339)
Can't you guys have a rumor thread where it's only mod submissions?

why cant it all be discussed here?

Empros 02-05-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTIR (Post 79439665)
why cant it all be discussed here?

Trade discussions can be really terrible. Nice to just find out the rumor and leave without combing through pages of crap.

Neilio 02-05-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empros (Post 79439793)
Trade discussions can be really terrible. Nice to just find out the rumor and leave without combing through pages of crap.

Every thread turns into a proposal thread these days.

Ramrod 02-05-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Agreed. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of people who think they know hockey make far fetched proposals without any basis in reality. It would be much easier seeing what the legitimate rumours are and then contemplating that. Note: "[Player X] may be available" is not a rumor. It's an invitation for fans to make proposals.

I'd like to thank the many posters who allowed this experiment to fail.

Special thanks to BBO who actually put up with the ******** for as long as he did.

Larry Hoover 02-05-2014 03:29 PM

I'm an outsider but I keep tabs on the Oilers. This is the way I'm thinking. The Oilers were hilariously stupid for not going after Bishop/Bernier/Schenider...They almost have to go after a #1G this off season and we know that some will be available (i.e. Reimer).

If I was the GM, the way I would approach this team is by asking myself this question about each player "Is this a player I can see us winning a cup with? If so, in what position?". Using that logic is why, if I were an Oilers fan, I would be happy with a trade like Clifford for Gagner + 2nd. I can't see this Oilers, undersized & soft roster, being a contender with Gagner behind RNH. I can see Clifford being on that 3rd line though. The same applies for Hemsky, I would move him for something.

This is what I came up with...

Hall - RNH - Yakupov/Eberle
Perron - X - X
Moroz - X - Clifford
Hendricks - Gordon - Gazdic

X - X
Nurse - Petry
Ference - J. Schultz

So the reason I've bolded Yakupov & Eberle is because, in my estimation, at least one of them has to go. Yakupov would be the illogical choice given his value is an all-time low so let's say you move Eberle for Anisimov & JMFJ, then you fill that hole at #2C with size and top pairing D (I am not a JMFJ fan myself whatsoever, but I do see the potential in him).

Another move I would make is I would throw a whole lot of money at Girardi. Yeah you'll overpay him but you need to create this blue-collared, hard-working winning culture back in Edmonton. That also rounds out your D core nicely. I would do the same for Dave Bolland.

40oz 02-05-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

You could just puruse the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Or use one of those sites that track NHL trade rumors like SB Nation, The Fourth Period, or Bleacher Report.
I'm sure there's plenty of others too.

Joey Moss 02-05-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hoover (Post 79440319)
I'm an outsider but I keep tabs on the Oilers. This is the way I'm thinking. The Oilers were hilariously stupid for not going after Bishop/Bernier/Schenider...They almost have to go after a #1G this off season and we know that some will be available (i.e. Reimer).

If I was the GM, the way I would approach this team is by asking myself this question about each player "Is this a player I can see us winning a cup with? If so, in what position?". Using that logic is why, if I were an Oilers fan, I would be happy with a trade like Clifford for Gagner + 2nd. I can't see this Oilers, undersized & soft roster, being a contender with Gagner behind RNH. I can see Clifford being on that 3rd line though. The same applies for Hemsky, I would move him for something.

Perron - X - X
Moroz - X - Clifford

X - X
Nurse - Petry
Ference - J. Schultz

So the reason I've bolded Yakupov & Eberle is because, in my estimation, at least one of them has to go. Yakupov would be the illogical choice given his value is an all-time low so let's say you move Eberle for Anisimov & JMFJ, then you fill that hole at #2C with size and top pairing D (I am not a JMFJ fan myself whatsoever, but I do see the potential in him).

Another move I would make is I would throw a whole lot of money at Girardi. Yeah you'll overpay him but you need to create this blue-collared, hard-working winning culture back in Edmonton. That also rounds out your D core nicely. I would do the same for Dave Bolland.

Except they did. All three of those goalies the Oilers pursued. On a side not, Moroz is not making this team next year and there is no reason to find an upgrade on Gordon. He's been great in the 3 role.

misfit 02-05-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

They went after every one of those players.

KlimasLoveChild 02-05-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers (Post 79439093)

DeathbyCheerios 02-05-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 79440571)
Except they did. All three of those goalies the Oilers pursued. On a side not, Moroz is not making this team next year and there is no reason to find an upgrade on Gordon. He's been great in the 3 role.

Exactly.
We tried to go after them but they asked us to much or didn't want to trade within the conference.

Moroz should stay in the ahl for at least a year to see if he can play with men first.

phaedrusDH 02-05-2014 03:43 PM

Lots of info from 30 Thoughts this week:

Quote:

5. One of the reasons Los Angeles is interested in Sam Gagner is the team's third-worst power play. Gagner was 28th overall in extra-man points last season, with 15. Among Kings, only Anze Kopitar had more, with 16. Even as Gagner suffered through recovery from his broken jaw in 2013-14, only four L.A. forwards have more power-play points than he does. Plus, the Kings' centre quartet could be Kopitar, Mike Richards, Gagner and Jarret Stoll. Not bad.

6. The biggest hurdle to this trade is the Kings' cap situation. Gagner carries a hit of $4.8 million US and L.A. is looking to contend, not subtract. I'm not sure how much (if at all) Edmonton is willing to eat of this contract. Some of you asked if a team can only absorb salary in the season the trade is made. The answer is no. The Oilers could theoretically do it for the three years of Gagner's deal, if they wanted.

7. The proposed return? Not certain. Edmonton fans drool over Jake Muzzin, but I'd be stunned. L.A. only has five current defencemen locked up for next season and Matt Greene's injuries have complicated negotiations. Their best prospects aren't on the blue-line. This is another position the Kings are looking to address.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...ic-debate.html

CornKicker 02-05-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Perron - X - X
Moroz - X - Clifford

X - X
Nurse - Petry
Ference - J. Schultz

lol troll

jumptheshark 02-05-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 79440609)
They went after every one of those players.

Because the last thing nucks wanted was to see schneider in the same division it was reported they wanted our first overall and Eberle. For Bishop is Yakupov and something else and the Kings are not dumb--for Bernier we would have had to give up more then the leads because we are in the same division now. Should be interesting to see how the Gagner drama turns out

Mr Positive 02-05-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathbyCheerios (Post 79440713)
Exactly.
We tried to go after them but they asked us to much or didn't want to trade within the conference.

Moroz should stay in the ahl for at least a year to see if he can play with men first.

Management has a legit excuse for failing to get Schneider and Bernier, but no excuse for failing to get Bishop.

Why would the Kings and Canucks be so careful not to trade within their division, and yet the Senators traded Bishop inside their division? The reality is that we didn't offer anything for Bishop. Management likes to pretend they did though.

It just doesn't make any sense otherwise. Connacher was nothing special even at the time. We had a ton of players with similar value. Paajarvi, Gagner, whoever.

Jimmi Jenkins 02-05-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Positive (Post 79441971)
Management has a legit excuse for failing to get Schneider and Bernier, but no excuse for failing to get Bishop.

Why would the Kings and Canucks be so careful not to trade within their division, and yet the Senators traded Bishop inside their division? The reality is that we didn't offer anything for Bishop. Management likes to pretend they did though.

It just doesn't make any sense otherwise. Connacher was nothing special even at the time. We had a ton of players with similar value. Paajarvi, Gagner, whoever.

They sort of do, his name is Steve Tambellini and he's working at the Costco now I think

jumptheshark 02-05-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 79442241)
They sort of do, his name is Steve Tambellini and he's working at the Costco now I think

currently employed by the best team in the nhl

people are playing down conacher because he turned back into a pumpkin after the deal--playing with the bolts he looked like the real deal

OilDrop37 02-05-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 79438797)
The experiment failed.

Back to one thread.

It was a valiant effort, much appreciated that you guys at least gave it a try.

Back to the retarded proposals I guess..:laugh:

LTIR 02-05-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Positive (Post 79441971)

meh... talk about hindsight being 20\20.. Bishop was at the same level as Scrivens, Holtby, Khudobin. Imagine the backlash had we traded Gagner (top 50 in league scoring) for Bishop, a backup goalie for OTT with stats worse than Dubnyk.

TB got lucky and Bishop became a gem. To say "no excuse for failing to get Bishop" is flat out wrong. I wouldnt have given more than a 2nd for him. Not even Paajarvi.

SeriousBusiness 02-05-2014 04:13 PM

Too bad we couldn't keep the rumor thread going. I liked the idea, and think it would have worked well if we gave it more time, and let people know how to use it properly. Oh well, back to nothing but idiotic NHL14 trade proposals:

Gagner+1st in '14 for Stamkos.

Who knows when we'll see SS, but he'd look good in our top 6. Maybe doesn't bring the physical element we need, but hey, can't have it all. Git er dun MacT.