HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pittsburgh-Carolina Trade Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=159944)

Lionheart 08-07-2005 04:44 PM

Pittsburgh-Carolina Trade Proposal

To Pittsburgh - Rod Brind'Amour
To Carolina - Milan Kraft

Reasons: Pittsburgh wants a centre and have cap room? Why not reunite old Philly buddies Brind'Amour and Recchi on the second line? Kraft could add more offensive depth in Carolina, plus it would get Brind'Amour's salary off the books. Kraft gives them a good offensive player who seems to be the odd man out in Pittsburgh's offensive picture in the first place.

Whitney - Staal - Williams
Cole - Stillman - Kraft
Kahnberg - Vasicek - Vrbata

Lemieux - Crosby - Palffy
Malone - Brind'Amour - Recchi
Fata - Malkin (Beech?) - Koltsov

Thoughts?

Claypool* 08-07-2005 04:48 PM

How much does Brind'Amour make?

GoneAway 08-07-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claypool
How much does Brind'Amour make?

Brind'amour makes 3.8 Mil

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/Player...phy.asp?ID=628

AlMo 08-07-2005 04:54 PM

Carolina would jump on that imo, lose Brindy's contract and bring on a young talent who still has some promise

Evilo 08-07-2005 04:55 PM

No.

Jacob 08-07-2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordchezz

Yikes.

I'm all for taking on some salary, but 4 million for Brind'Amour?

At the same time I wouldn't trade Kraft unless we know for sure what's going to happen with Malkin.

Caniac 08-07-2005 05:00 PM

I wouldn't. Even with his salary he puts up decent numbers (Excluding last season.)
and has great leadership and is a fan favorite. I'd keep him.

Caniac 08-07-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo
No.

Can you explain with more detail?

OlliMackBjugStud 08-07-2005 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo
No.

i just have to say, being a fan of neither team more than the other, this kind of reply add's nothing to the thread and is in fact obnoxious.

i dont even know who you are saying "no" to.

dr

craig1 08-07-2005 05:05 PM

Kraft finally started to come around about 1/3 of the way into last season. With a highly touted young guy starting to come one, I see him as more valuable to the Pens than Rod B would be long term. Throw in the salary part of it, and the Pens definately say no from their end.

Rod B. is a solid player and a favorite in Carolina. I don't see him being moved unless the Canes need to dump for salary reasons (which they don't). That type of situation would not net a good prospect or high pick though.

craig1 08-07-2005 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart
Reasons: Pittsburgh wants a centre and have cap room?

First, let's clear something up. The report about the Pens needing a center came from a guy that does not cover hockey, nor the Pens. The Pens beat writer is on vacation. This guy is filling in. He mostly covers the Steelers and the NFL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionheart
Lemieux - Crosby - Palffy
Malone - Brind'Amour - Recchi
Fata - Malkin (Beech?) - Koltsov

Why would you wish such torture on us Pens fans? What have we ever done to hurt you?

DaveG 08-07-2005 05:15 PM

Brind'Amour for Kraft?... no thanks. Brindy's leadership alone is enough to make up for his declining offensive production (which is on par with Kraft's). This just doesn't work from a Canes standpoint when we have a similar player in Zigomanis in the system just waiting for his chance to do something more then 17 games on the 4th line.

jmelm 08-07-2005 05:38 PM

If I'm Carolina I do this deal.

If I'm Pittsburgh I do not.

Yes, Brind'Amour brings to the table intangibles and great face-off ability. He would be great for a team that is looking to add those elements to their team in the event of a playoff push. Carolina is not going anywhere soon and a guy like Kraft could be a huge building block for them and give them a real second line threat and centre. Kraft still has enormous offensive upside.

As was said above, Kraft cannot be traded unless either A- Malkin is signed, or B- Beech establishes himself as a legitimate NHL centre. Realistically, though, if Kraft is moved it will be in a package for a good, young dman.

Kraft has way too much upside for the Pens to move him now. If anything, they will let him fire it up this season and increase his value that much more if they want to trade him. But he might just be too good for them to give up.

The Tang 08-07-2005 05:43 PM

while Brind'Amour may be better, he probably won't be for long. Age is starting to catch up with him, and while Carolina may need leadership, the Pens don't at this point. Kraft finally started doing good last year, so I don't see the Pens givig up on him just yet. 19 goals in 66 games isn't bad, not to mention it was better than Brinda'amour last season.

latvianlightning 08-07-2005 05:44 PM

This deal is a no go from where I sit in Raleigh, Brind'Amour is one of the few remaining stars left over from the 2002 run, he is also everything else everyone mentioned, the intangibles and I believe he will bounce back well in Peter Laviolette's system

Lionel Hutz 08-07-2005 06:17 PM

No thanks. We don't need a 2nd line center. I take the rumor we are looking for a center to mean a depth/PK man. Not a high price (though granted quite good) 2nd liner.

Big McLargehuge 08-07-2005 10:53 PM

I'll keep Kraft, thank you very much.

The way he played at the end of 2003-04 showed too much based on the kind of potential he has.

Sixty Six 08-07-2005 10:55 PM

if we sign malkin and carolina eats some of his salary i'd do it but if both of those things don't happen, than no for now

Zen Arcade 08-07-2005 11:05 PM

I'd love to have Brind'Amour, if not for the hefty price tag.

cassius 08-07-2005 11:31 PM

I wouldn't take that. 3.8m is a lot.

HughJass* 08-08-2005 05:29 AM

Ah, I'm a Brind a'mour lover but to get rid of his contract on a player with some potential such as Kraft (who can only get better) and use left over money for other parts....I think I would do it. In this day and cap-age I wouldn't spend $3.8M on a declining player (I still think he will bounce back though) when I can have someone who could take his place and have cap space in years to come.

We'll be on the hook for a shade under $4M next season. I think something will be done with Rob soon. I wish we could have bought out his contract and brought him back at a cheaper price (or re-negotiate his contract) but the rules doesn't allow that. Kind of odd the owners & players negotiated that.

If I was a Penguin fan....hell no I wouldn't do this.

Peter Gibbons 08-08-2005 05:58 AM

I know its irrelevant without discussing the deal, but Brid'amour is exactly the kind of veteran, blood and guts guy I would like to see the Pens get, and Ive always admired the guy greatly as a player. But again, not for an up-and-comer like Kraft, and not with that salary in the new NHL