HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Flames Rumours Burke Hamrlik Lindros Selanne Bondra (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=159953)

Excellence&Execution 08-07-2005 04:08 PM

Flames Rumours Burke Hamrlik Lindros Selanne Bondra

With all the talk of these players rumoured to be heading to Calgary...

Which one of Sean Burke, Roman Hamrlik, Eric Lindros, Temmu Selanne, Petr Bondra would best fit the Calgary Flames?

Amonte - Langkow - Iginla - Leopold - Regehr - Kiprusoff
Reinprecht - Lombardi - Kobasew - Lydman - Phaneuf
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty - Warrener - Ference
Simon - Weimer - Donovan

Darryl Sutter have about 2 - 3 million left if the 34 - 35 million their planning to spend.

Lobstertainment 08-07-2005 04:10 PM

link?

Excellence&Execution 08-07-2005 04:21 PM

These rumours have been around for weeks over at Spectors

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/default.html

RJ8812 08-07-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excellence&Execution

Which one of Sean Burke, Roman Hamrlik, Eric Lindros, Temmu Selanne, Petr Bondra would best fit the Calgary Flames?

Amonte - Langkow - Iginla - Leopold - Regehr - Kiprusoff
Reinprecht - Lombardi - Kobasew - Lydman - Phaneuf
Nilson - Yelle - McCarty - Warrener - Ference
Simon - Weimer - Donovan

if lombardi is your 2nd line center, you should go after Lindros then

Red Machine 08-07-2005 04:28 PM

Only two from your list ive heard to be actual rumors are the Flames getting Eric Lindros, and Sean Burke. I dont think Sutter is fond of Selanne, Bondra is old, can score but isn't a sutter guy, and Hamrlik would be nice, for the right price, but he is probobaly asking for higher then hes worth. I dont know. I think if Lindros was healthy him and Iginla would be absolutely dominant. But i doubt it will happen.

Torch 08-07-2005 04:29 PM

If the game opens up like they say, I'd like to see the Flames get Hamrlik. We could use some offense from the back.

But anyway, where did you hear these rumours? I haven't heard anything except the Lindros one, which was an ****** rumour. What legitmate media sources are there for these rumours?

Hedberg 08-07-2005 04:30 PM

Burke makes the most sense.

Hockeycanada* 08-07-2005 04:34 PM

C'mon Sutter bring us Lindros. :handclap: :clap:

Lobstertainment 08-07-2005 04:46 PM

Yes Sutter Give Them Lindros! ;)

Phanuthier* 08-07-2005 05:33 PM

I'm really hoping on Selanne. I really think he can bounce back. F-you Nashville if you sign him.

flamesfever 08-07-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeycanada
C'mon Sutter bring us Lindros. :handclap: :clap:

Darryl: Sure, hey Eric you want to play hard nosed hockey that could hurt your melon, put the team first and play for 450k...plus that injury bonus thing. Eric: You have to ask my dad.

Badger Bob 08-08-2005 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excellence&Execution

The only, from that group, mentioned from the Spector's Rumors section was Sean Burke. Apparently, the goalie issue is expected to be resolved today, and that Burke has already received a multi-year offer from the Flames. (That, of course, would mean Turek stays home in the Czeck Republic, if everything's been decided.)

The Lindros rumor seems to have died down, thankfully. Never heard Hamrlik's name attached to any Flames rumor. Bondra would strong up front, but he probably wouldn't be too affordable, under the remaining budget. Selanne's a possibility, but he went at a discounted rate last year.

One decent idea, which hasn't been mentioned anywhere before is...why not consider Vinny Damphousse? He can play any of the forward position, still performed well in the playoffs for San Jose and is very familiar with Daryl Sutter. He probably wouldn't be that expensive with many of the big name UFA's already signed with other clubs. He was regarded well enough that Colorado entertained thoughts of using him as a 2nd line center, depending on Forsberg's status. He would've been more solid than Turgeon, but Pierre Lacroix wants to make Denver a safe place for more ex-Habs.

abracanada 08-08-2005 08:25 AM

Damphousse did have a decent playoff. I could go for that, if he were willing of course.

Excellence&Execution 08-08-2005 10:12 AM

Sean Burke's agent has confirmed a multi year contract offer from the Flames, I guess no more Roman Turek then?

ej_pens 08-08-2005 10:15 AM

Burke also has a multi-year offer from the Penguins.

CalgaryFan1988 08-08-2005 11:17 AM

I would like to hear Andrew Cassels name rumoured to Calgary. I think he would make a great second line Center

Excellence&Execution 08-08-2005 04:15 PM

Selanne? - Langkow - Iginla
Bondra? - Reinprecht - Iginla
Amonte - Lindros? - Iginla

Hamrlik? - Leopold
Lydman - Regehr
Phaneuf - Warrener
Ference

Kiprusoff
Burke?

Ice Cream Man 08-08-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988
I would like to hear Andrew Cassels name rumoured to Calgary. I think he would make a great second line Center

Why? The guy can't play defense, and he's a perennial loser with any team he plays for. Plus, he's not a Sutter type player. There couldn't be more a player who doesn't fit the centre that Sutter would want.

CalgaryFan1988 08-08-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
Why? The guy can't play defense, and he's a perennial loser with any team he plays for. Plus, he's not a Sutter type player. There couldn't be more a player who doesn't fit the centre that Sutter would want.

Well then who would fit in your opinion? Because in my opinion they need a center.

Mat 08-08-2005 05:34 PM

i never thought of selanne as a sutter type player
well i still dont

but i wouldnt mind him signing to the flames
i dont think bondra would want to play in calgary though. he'll probably go back to washington.

CalgaryFan1988 08-08-2005 05:39 PM

What about Perrault? would he be a Sutter type, he is defensive.....and I think he was rumoured to Calgary at the trade deadline in 2003-04.

Big Cat Davo 08-08-2005 06:07 PM

Defensive?

Perrault? Defensive? Do you watch hockey. Perrault is one of the leagues biggest liabilities in his own end. Yikes.

Dave

PapaBear* 08-08-2005 07:04 PM

bondra would be awesome. easy 30+ goals.

kolanos 08-08-2005 07:21 PM

Hamrlik would not displace Regehr or Leopold. He'd likely struggle to displace Warrener and Lydman. The Flames don't need an underachiever like him around Phaneuf.

PapaBear* 08-08-2005 07:31 PM

^ i agree, a player i thought flames should have gone after (but avs got him) was brunette - perfect fit into sutters mold.

of all fwds listed, I see Selanne being the best fit, since Sutter loved him in SJ. But I cant see him moving to LW. Put him 2nd line LW and kobasew to 3rd line (hes still young, take the pressure off him).

Amonte-Langkow-Iginla
Reinprecht-Lombardi-Selanne (selannes presence will help with a young matt at C)