HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   With the Waiver Draft list finalized...Draft for your team! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16011)

IkeaMonkey* 10-01-2003 12:02 PM

With the Waiver Draft list finalized...Draft for your team!
 
Play GM and draft two players from the Waiver Draft to hopefully help your favorite team!

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2003/10/152128.html


...Or, make an "all-available" list.

Ajacied 10-01-2003 12:14 PM

I'd personally wouldn't mind the Stars snatching Jeff Heerema from the Rangers and Todd Simpson from the Yotes.

Others that would slightly interest me are: Brian Boucher, Chris Therien and Jim van der Meer..

Snap Wilson 10-01-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
Play GM and draft two players from the Waiver Draft to hopefully help your favorite team!

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2003/10/152128.html


...Or, make an "all-available" list.

While you're at it, tell us who you would expose from your protected list to make room for these acquisitions.

As a Ducks fan, I wouldn't want my team to take any of the exposed players.

IkeaMonkey* 10-01-2003 12:19 PM

For the Caps, I'd like to see Mattias Timmander and Mike Motteau.Both are relatively cheap and better than the drub we have on the blueline now.I'm very high on Mottau also...

IkeaMonkey* 10-01-2003 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyp
While you're at it, tell us who you would expose from your protected list to make room for these acquisitions.

As a Ducks fan, I wouldn't want my team to take any of the exposed players.

Good addition...

Select: Motteau and Timmander
Expose: Doig and Joel Kiwi.

Liquidrage* 10-01-2003 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
I'd personally wouldn't mind the Stars snatching Jeff Heerema from the Rangers and Todd Simpson from the Yotes.

Others that would slightly interest me are: Brian Boucher, Chris Therien and Jim van der Meer..


You mean Pete Vandermeer Jim's brother?

Jimmy Vandermeer is penciled into the Flyers Top Six ahead of Seidenberg and Woywitka and didn't need to be protected anyways. And if he did need to be protected there's no chance the Flyers would have left him unprotected.

Peter Griffin 10-01-2003 12:42 PM

I would take nobody if I were the Canucks' GM. I would have interest in Jeff Hereema, but there I wouldn't want to expose anyone to get him.

Ajacied 10-01-2003 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidrage
You mean Pete Vandermeer Jim's brother?

Jimmy Vandermeer is penciled into the Flyers Top Six ahead of Seidenberg and Woywitka and didn't need to be protected anyways. And if he did need to be protected there's no chance the Flyers would have left him unprotected.

Ah.. got confused.. stratch that thought then..

kingsfan25 10-01-2003 12:48 PM

For the Kings:

Todd Simpson
or
Chris Therien

Burke's Evil Spirit 10-01-2003 12:49 PM

One thing I like is the absence of Pierre Turgeon...Armstrong is smart enough to know that no-one will claim him and protecting him only improves his confidence.

Claude Lemieux ain't going anywhere, though...

V for Voodoo 10-01-2003 12:50 PM

now that pothier is exempt, i believe the senators have the luxury of grabbing a player and only losing shane hnidy.

i think grabbing giroux and losing hnidy is a great trade-off.
keefe is another one that i like, but we dont have room for him. would be nice to have them grab green for ish and giggles.

neelynugs 10-01-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
If I were Colorado I would select Boucher and drop one of the goaltenders.

i was thinking the same thing myself

neelynugs 10-01-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Damnit, what was Lou thinking when protecting Cameron and leaving one of Bicek, Giroux and Clemmensen exposed.

not sure if this is the reason, but my feeling is that a lot of teams are trying to "sneak" some of these guys through by using the waiver draft. the thing is, it's easier to pass a guy through during the waiver draft than it is during the season. i'll use the bruins as my example- they left zdenek kutlak exposed, who by all accounts is having a very strong camp. he's young, relatively inexpensive and talented. if the b's decide to send kutlak down at some point, he'd have to clear waivers due to his experience level. so, by leaving him unprotected during this draft, i think they increase their odds of keeping him. if he gets picked, you took a chance and got burned. if not, you can shuttle him to the minors without incident. just my take on this...

IkeaMonkey* 10-01-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
If I were Colorado I would select Boucher and drop one of the goaltenders.


OMG YOU CANT EXPOSE Petr Franek!

Voynich 10-01-2003 01:01 PM

I wouldn't mind Atlanta making a move for Bicek or Bednar. Drop Vigier to make room.

I'd be surprised if DiPenta makes it through without getting claimed.

The Tang 10-01-2003 01:03 PM

i wouldnt mind seeing the Pens take novosoltsev and exposing Holzinger, who should have been exposed in the first place

Grady41 10-01-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan25
For the Kings:

Todd Simpson
or
Chris Therien

to pick up Simpson we drop Brad Chartrand
and if we were to pick up Therien or Novoseltsev, or Olvestad
then maybe Maxim Kuznetsov

I'd be happy with the just picking up simspson in exchange for charty

Ajacied 10-01-2003 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
One thing I like is the absence of Pierre Turgeon...Armstrong is smart enough to know that no-one will claim him and protecting him only improves his confidence.

Pierre Turgeon is an exception because he has been put on waivers earlier this year. Has nothing to dow with Turgeon's confidence or what not. I'm sure he would have been exposed simply for that fact they already know that no one will pick him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Claude Lemieux ain't going anywhere, though...

Too bad..

Beukeboom Fan 10-01-2003 01:21 PM

Hawks could...
 
Expose any 2 of: Marha, Varis, Strudwick, Passmore

And Pick up 2 of (in order of desirability) : Keefe, Willis, Novoseltsev, Muckalt (Healthy?) & Tselios

barrytrotzsneck 10-01-2003 01:24 PM

keeping in mind that Poile has already said he wants to add a backup goalie and another defenseman:
McClennan
and
Trnka.

these are keeping salary in mind...and Poile protected some people that will never play for us, anyway..so...
expose any of:
flaherty(if we get a goalie)
or
any of: hubacek, skrbek, cisar

Malefic74 10-01-2003 01:24 PM

As a Habs fan I would hope Gainey takes a long look at grabbing Todd Harvey if only for grit and hitting up front and drop Audette who should have been exposed in the first place. That and pray night and day someone, anyone takes Traverse.

Tao Jones 10-01-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Damnit, what was Lou thinking when protecting Cameron and leaving one of Bicek, Giroux and Clemmensen exposed.

Exposing Cameron wouldn't protect Clemmensen. Lou would have to expose Schwab. Given their camps so far. Clemmensen over Schwab might not be such a bad idea. Or is that what you meant?

Ajacied 10-01-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
NJ would take a chacne on Lemieux if they didn't have Berglund. Berglund is doing just as good a job as Lemieux just not as strong adn big.

Dude, who you kidding. Lemieux is more done then Bobby Orr and is already contemplating retirement. Never mind his rediculous 3 million salary attached to his old, prone and "´lovetotakebadpenaltiestohurtmyownteamincrucialsi tuations" body..

He's aaaaaaall yours.. we'll even pay the travelcosts..

Blackjack 10-01-2003 01:56 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bicek go. He got good exposure during the playoffs and proved that he isn't a defensive liability despite his size. I almost hope he does get picked up, he's been working so long to get into this league, he definatly deserves a shot.

Giroux, ehh. I like him, but unlike Bicek, I don't think he's proven anything at the NHL level. Still, I could see a team with a horrendous defense core taking a chance with him.

I don't see anyone picking up Clemmenson, he's not ready for the NHL yet.

BrooklynCapsFan 10-01-2003 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokEGoalie
For the Caps, I'd like to see Mattias Timmander and Mike Motteau.Both are relatively cheap and better than the drub we have on the blueline now.I'm very high on Mottau also...

Don't understand the logic as a caps fan. I'd much rather have Simpson than either of these guys, and I only think we need 1 more solid dman. Simpson would effectively replace Klee and Eminger should replace Kiwi relative to last year. That's a big improvement in my opinion.

Witt Eminger
Gonchar Boumer
Simpson Berry/Kiwi/Yonkman depending on many variables

Not good, but not terrible.

Note for everyone else, the Caps have Glen Metropolit and Andreas Salomonsson on their protected list. Neither of these players figure into the Caps' future, so they've put themselves in a position to pick up two players*.

*Mad props to Battleship :bow:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.