HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Signing our RFA's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=160267)

jstreet 08-08-2005 04:53 PM

Signing our RFA's

The UFA Frenzy has died down and it seems that most are turning their attention towards signing the RFA's.

I read an interesting quote from another source who said ,"With the UFAs signing for better than thought of money, the RFAs aren't so thrilled with their qualifiers."

Few Questions:

Do you forsee any teams losing key RFA's to better deals?
Could we be one of them with Sully?

Interesting things to think about.

nine_inch_fang 08-08-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
The UFA Frenzy has died down and it seems that most are turning their attention towards signing the RFA's.

I read an interesting quote from another source who said ,"With the UFAs signing for better than thought of money, the RFAs aren't so thrilled with their qualifiers."

Few Questions:

According to CL on 104.5 he will match any offer for Sully.

triggrman 08-08-2005 05:12 PM

he followed it up by saying "any of our players"

Pattypred 08-08-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
he followed it up by saying "any of our players"

And, when he said it, it certainly sounded like NO ONE was going to take ANY of HIS BOYS!

Way to go Craig!

PredFred 08-08-2005 08:16 PM

Bah! Who would want some old has been or never will be player who was willing to play in the hockey deathbed known as Nashville? :biglaugh:

handtrick 08-08-2005 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pattypred
And, when he said it, it certainly sounded like NO ONE was going to take ANY of HIS BOYS!

Way to go Craig!

It really seemed like Craig was relishing every moment about the enthusiasm the call-in fans were displaying.
He said that the Paul Kariya signing is translated into 2000 season ticket sales by itself :eek: .....talk about Preds fever.... :banana:

dulzhok 08-08-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars

Few Questions:

I seriously doubt that any team would give Sully an offer sheet. They wouldn't waste a first round pick+ on a 30 year old. If there were no offer sheets for a guys like Gagne, there's no chance Sully will get one.

Other RFAs...

ERAT... I'd like to lock him up for 3 years. That will take until he is one year away from UFA, and give us a chance to lock him up long-term again. Something around $1.1m a season would be my best guess.

HALL... Same as Erat... He has 4 years until UFA (I think). It would be good if we could lock him up for 3 years until a million.

SULLY... I'm not sure what his QO is... Maybe 2.4 million? That should be plenty.

barrytrotzsneck 08-08-2005 09:56 PM

Sully's QO should be higher, no? he was due to make 3.8 million last year, rolled back...that's still almost 3 million.

Like was mentioned, I think the uproar around offering contracts to other team's RFA's was overplayed here on the boards. It's not likely to happen.

dulzhok 08-09-2005 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Sully's QO should be higher, no? he was due to make 3.8 million last year, rolled back...that's still almost 3 million.

Like was mentioned, I think the uproar around offering contracts to other team's RFA's was overplayed here on the boards. It's not likely to happen.

I thought his salary was 3 million last year.

crossxcheck 08-09-2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
I thought his salary was 3 million last year.

It was, but we had inked him for the ill-fated 2004-2005 season for $3.8m

muddycreek* 08-09-2005 10:03 AM

Wazuz-up Crossy?

Pred303 08-09-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
It was, but we had inked him for the ill-fated 2004-2005 season for $3.8m

but weren't the 04-05 contracts all negated (i thought all 04-05 contracts were totally negated)and the rollback happen on the basis of a player's 03-04 contract?...if so it makes sully's minimum QO 2.4 million..if not you're right you're looking at 3.8 mil -24%

barrytrotzsneck 08-09-2005 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
but weren't the 04-05 contracts all negated (i thought all 04-05 contracts were totally negated)and the rollback happen on the basis of a player's 03-04 contract?...if so it makes sully's minimum QO 2.4 million..if not you're right you're looking at 3.8 mil -24%

Nah. If a player was signed over the summer...that's the last contract they had. His QO is based on 3.8 million.

Gnashville 08-09-2005 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick
It really seemed like Craig was relishing every moment about the enthusiasm the call-in fans were displaying.
He said that the Paul Kariya signing is translated into 2000 season ticket sales by itself :eek: .....talk about Preds fever.... :banana:

Too Bad the Nashville TV stations havenít caught "Preds Fever" Their Sunday sports' shows are basically Titans Titans and more Titans followed by Vols Vols and more Vols. In the week The Preds acquire their biggest Star ever (possibly the Biggest sports star in Nashville currently) I am submitted to Interviews with some 4th string Titans Rookie that won't make it past the first cut. :rant: :madfire: