HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Boucher and Pelletier... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16027)

54fightin 10-01-2003 12:48 PM

Boucher and Pelletier...

were both left unprotected by Phoenix

Dr Love 10-01-2003 12:49 PM

The Handzus trade just keeps getting better. Second line center, potential #1 goalie for waiver wire material and a pick. Thank you Barnett.

BrindA17 10-01-2003 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54fightin
were both left unprotected by Phoenix

I wouldn't mind getting Boucher back. Honestly, I prefer him over Esche.

Nikkowar 10-01-2003 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17

I want Boucher back too,he was great with us. Then he kinda fell asleep.....

Steve L* 10-01-2003 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18

I'd say hes been in a coma for the last 2-3 years :D

fararden 10-01-2003 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18

Yeah, he was absolutely fantastic... What is it that you miss about his final season here: the above 3 GAA or the sub .900 save %?...

The only service Boosh could provide the Flyers is skating with the Ice Girls to appease the teen girl crowd...

Dr Love 10-01-2003 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17

At worst, Esche has played on par with Boucher. At worst. Then factor in the money.

FlyersGuy69 10-01-2003 02:34 PM

Boucher was a tease, he could look as good as any goalie in the league for stretches and then would look totally clueless. I'll never forget that save against Elias in the ECF against the Devils. that is the biggest save in Flyers history since I've been watching(mid 80's).

easton122 10-01-2003 03:20 PM

As inconsistent as Boucher is/was I wouldn't mind a Esche/Boucher duo. But that could never happen with the addition of Hackup and I don't think Boosh left here with all the guys sad either. Boosh and Cecko spoke against the team in the 2001-2002 playoffs. Honestly I think Boucher is a better goalie than Hackett and think we would do better this season with Esche playing about 50 games and Boucher playing 30 instead of Esche playing 60 (after Hackett's injury) and Hackett playing around 15 and hopefully seeing Niittimaki playing 5.

Brad* 10-01-2003 03:42 PM

Wow, that kinda suprises me a bit. I think there's a pretty good chance somebody will take a long look at Boucher.

RoDu 10-01-2003 05:15 PM

he just gets so down on himself when things don't go right, he only needs a shrink or somthing, I had the same problem in high school football

blah 10-01-2003 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
Boucher was a tease, he could look as good as any goalie in the league for stretches and then would look totally clueless. I'll never forget that save against Elias in the ECF against the Devils. that is the biggest save in Flyers history since I've been watching(mid 80's).

So then he's another Cechmanek? Yeah let's welcome him back.

BrindA17 10-02-2003 03:23 AM

What do you guys think are the chances of the Avs picking him up? They might take the risk in hopes of Boosh repeating his 2000 performance.

Thoughts?

Dykhuis26 10-02-2003 04:28 AM

Boucher won us two playoff series and darn near stole the Jersey series in the Conference Finals...his only year as our playoff goalie. That's a better track record than any goalie we've had in the last 5+ years.

Teezax 10-02-2003 05:19 AM

i agree with Dhykuis26, he did do a lot for us in the post season, and that's what seems to count nowadays, and that save in the ECF against the Debs definitely makes the top 10 saves of all time list that I've seen. He was focused when he was assured the number 1 spot, but when he had to battle for it he choked. Someone is going to pick him up and it should be the Bruins, i'd rather have him than Potvin, that's for sure.

Steve L* 10-02-2003 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dykhuis26
Boucher won us two playoff series and darn near stole the Jersey series in the Conference Finals...his only year as our playoff goalie. That's a better track record than any goalie we've had in the last 5+ years.

Shame he bombed for the 2-3 years after that.
Boucher is now worthless, thats proven by him being made available on waivers.

Rex8 10-02-2003 07:30 AM

I first agree that Boucher will be picked up. I don t see the Bruins liking his contract after signing Potvin, but could be wrong. I do not think that Colorado would take him as they are likely going with a more proven vet approach given the make up of that team. Maybe someone will pick him up who has a few deals on the table - Wahington if they feel they could deal Olaf, or Tampa if the look to deal Nikolia (less likely).

GoneFullHextall 10-02-2003 08:39 PM

Esche has been very shaky thus far in the preseason. too many rebounds and bad goals.

blah 10-02-2003 09:18 PM

If Hackett and Esche don't do well there's plenty of options in trades. Claiming any goalies now would be a waste of money.