HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   They better not do "Scores for a piece of Tastykake" again this season... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=160317)

Nuclear 08-08-2005 06:59 PM

They better not do "Scores for a piece of Tastykake" again this season...

That was one of the most annoying things ever.

Brad* 08-08-2005 07:02 PM

"If the Flyers score 5 goals in tonight's game, one lucky fan will be selected to have sex with Lauren Hart!"

GKJ 08-08-2005 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
"If the Flyers score 5 goals in tonight's game, one lucky fan will be selected to have sex with Lauren Hart!"

:yo:

I'm all about that. :D

donelikedinner 08-08-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

sweet, i'll never miss a game again. i just hope my wife likes blondes :D

RJ8812* 08-08-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

damn, i wish i could go to some games in philly!

Danko 08-08-2005 07:49 PM

Bowls for Goals or Pass for ass(Starring L.H) :-x

Quellet The Dogs Out 08-08-2005 08:44 PM

I didn't like that Tastykake thing, but what about scoring 5 goals and getting a free chicken sandwich from Chic-Fil-A? I love that stuff

Bill_Meltzer 08-08-2005 09:07 PM

I don't mind the "scores for a case of Tastykake" thing because it's a connection with the Flyers of the 1970s and the memory of Gene Hart. For those who don't know, the tag line was part of Gene Hart's goal calls of that era.

Tastykake was an ever-present sponsor back in the Broad St. Bully days-- along with PSFS Bank, Jack Lang clothier (featuring TV commercials with Bobby Clarke and the Eagles Roman Gabriel), Schaffer beer (the one beer to have when you're having more than one), JC Penny (home of the Flyerjak jacket, a Penny's exclusive) and Pepsi.

So many people remembered the call-- for every Flyers goal, Tastykake donated a case to a children's charity-- that the Flyers and Tastykake revived it 30 years later.

Somehow, it doesn't translate as well today, however.

Nuclear 08-08-2005 09:10 PM

If instead of "scores for a taste of tastykake" they just went "gooooaaallllll" like every other team, then I'd be okay with it. They could mention after they explain what and how it happened where the box goes to, then I and other fans would be happier.

i am dave 08-08-2005 09:13 PM

People, people, people, PEOPLE...

It was "Scores for a CASE of tastykakes!"

Nuclear 08-08-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitkanenPower
People, people, people, PEOPLE...

It was "Scores for a CASE of tastykakes!"

>_>

<_<

>_>

It's been over a year, lol