HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   A cure how to bring Russian NT to life ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1605435)

Raptor1990 02-15-2014 05:42 PM

A cure how to bring Russian NT to life ?
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqlINOCsg0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejsSHMUHZJE

Fetisov said it good about KHL, the players must earn their tickets to NT...
And not only that...

Where is the sense to place every single time same names on rosters even if they completely out of form ?
Forget about Kovalchuk, Radulov, Popov, Perezhogin and this ageing lames. Seems that they lost their motivation.

Give finally chance to younger players like Panarin, Malykhin, Burmistrov, Chudinov, Kucherov and many other younger players.

Again time will not stop, there will be a huge gap when players like Datsyuk, Kovalchuk will end their hockey careers.

ViD 02-16-2014 04:45 PM

wait, what's wrong with our NT? We won the 2012 WC, failed the last one, then Olympics is still going on

Den 02-17-2014 06:11 AM

It's alive, they need a better PP, that's all

Raptor1990 02-17-2014 11:54 AM

Even if Russia gets pass Norway somehow i am pretty sure there will be another ownage in quarterfinals by Canada...

Just saying.

Exactly like from 4 years ago.
At that point El superprezidente Duce ChePutin will open some Gulags again.

Den 02-17-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1990 (Post 80041765)
Even if Russia gets pass Norway somehow i am pretty sure there will be another ownage in quarterfinals by Canada...

Just saying.

Exactly like from 4 years ago.
At that point El superprezidente Duce ChePutin will open some Gulags again.

This is a definition of fail. Did you even bother to check the bracket?

Raptor1990 02-17-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den (Post 80046905)
This is a definition of fail. Did you even bother to check the bracket?

Definotion of fail is your NT though xD
Finland has excelent goaltending tbh, another reason to think that Russia will lose in quarterfinal.

Den 02-17-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1990 (Post 80048051)
Finland has excelent goaltending tbh, another reason to think that Russia will lose in quarterfinal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1990 (Post 80041765)
Even if Russia gets pass Norway somehow i am pretty sure there will be another ownage in quarterfinals by Canada...

I see what you did here ... Clever :thumbu:

Peter25 02-17-2014 04:21 PM

1. Produce better defensemen. Terrible pylons like Nikulin and Medvedev should never make the national team. Both of them play for Kazan and Kazan's best defenseman is Shaun Heshka, a Canadian who has never played in the NHL and would not make Team Canada even if Canada was allowed to play five different teams in the Olympics. Heshka vs. Nikulin and Medvedev comparison is one way to point out the current decline of Russian hockey. A Canadian career minor league defenseman is better than at least two of Russia's olympic team defensemen.

2. Too many of the current "stars" of Russian hockey have poor hockey IQ and no hockey sense. They are purely goal scorers who cannot do much else. Ovechkin has never learned to play in the national team. He cannot pass and all he really does is to make one-man rushes that end up either to a blocked shot or a turn over. Kovalchuk is pretty much useless these days. Semin has deteriorated dramatically in 2-3 years. From the current Russian forwards only Malkin and grandpa Datsyuk have a hockey sense that can be compared to old Russian/Soviet greats.

Nichushkin looks very promising but he is still only 18 and cannot help yet. Tarasenko has always been a no show in the national team and his performance in Sochi has not shown that he can be a star in this level. Kuznetsov's future is uncertain. He once looked like a future superstar, but has not developed at all in the last two seasons. After Nichushkin, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov there are no young forwards worth mentioning. Grigorenko is a total bust and Yakupov has too small of a frame to be a star player for Russia. He is not built like tank like Makarov and Krutov were.


Right now Russia is miles behind Canada, the US and Sweden in player development. Even Finland could have a better group of top prospects than Russia. The creation of KHL and MHL has so far done nothing to improve Russian hockey.

wings5 02-17-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter25 (Post 80052541)
1. Produce better defensemen. Terrible pylons like Nikulin and Medvedev should never make the national team. Both of them play for Kazan and Kazan's best defenseman is Shaun Heshka, a Canadian who has never played in the NHL and would not make Team Canada even if Canada was allowed to play five different teams in the Olympics. Heshka vs. Nikulin and Medvedev comparison is one way to point out the current decline of Russian hockey. A Canadian career minor league defenseman is better than at least two of Russia's olympic team defensemen.

2. Too many of the current "stars" of Russian hockey have poor hockey IQ and no hockey sense. They are purely goal scorers who cannot do much else. Ovechkin has never learned to play in the national team. He cannot pass and all he really does is to make one-man rushes that end up either to a blocked shot or a turn over. Kovalchuk is pretty much useless these days. Semin has deteriorated dramatically in 2-3 years. From the current Russian forwards only Malkin and grandpa Datsyuk have a hockey sense that can be compared to old Russian/Soviet greats.

Nichushkin looks very promising but he is still only 18 and cannot help yet. Tarasenko has always been a no show in the national team and his performance in Sochi has not shown that he can be a star in this level. Kuznetsov's future is uncertain. He once looked like a future superstar, but has not developed at all in the last two seasons. After Nichushkin, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov there are no young forwards worth mentioning. Grigorenko is a total bust and Yakupov has too small of a frame to be a star player for Russia. He is not built like tank like Makarov and Krutov were.


Right now Russia is miles behind Canada, the US and Sweden in player development. Even Finland could have a better group of top prospects than Russia. The creation of KHL and MHL has so far done nothing to improve Russian hockey.

Lol you are being waaaaay to negative my friend, if Russia manages to play as a team there might not be a more dangerous team out there.

Caser 02-18-2014 03:32 AM

I have some strange feeling that this is just a part 2 of this closed thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1505949

obskyr 02-19-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter25 (Post 80052541)
Nichushkin looks very promising but he is still only 18 and cannot help yet. Tarasenko has always been a no show in the national team and his performance in Sochi has not shown that he can be a star in this level. Kuznetsov's future is uncertain. He once looked like a future superstar, but has not developed at all in the last two seasons. After Nichushkin, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov there are no young forwards worth mentioning. Grigorenko is a total bust and Yakupov has too small of a frame to be a star player for Russia. He is not built like tank like Makarov and Krutov were.

I'd mention that Kucherov is doing better than most of the post-Malkin forwards in the NHL and Prokhorkin is a beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter25 (Post 80052541)
1. Produce better defensemen. Terrible pylons like Nikulin and Medvedev should never make the national team. Both of them play for Kazan and Kazan's best defenseman is Shaun Heshka, a Canadian who has never played in the NHL and would not make Team Canada even if Canada was allowed to play five different teams in the Olympics. Heshka vs. Nikulin and Medvedev comparison is one way to point out the current decline of Russian hockey. A Canadian career minor league defenseman is better than at least two of Russia's olympic team defensemen.

Oh wow, I had no idea they're that bad.

Atas2000 02-20-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter25 (Post 80052541)
1. Produce better defensemen. Terrible pylons like Nikulin and Medvedev should never make the national team. Both of them play for Kazan and Kazan's best defenseman is Shaun Heshka, a Canadian who has never played in the NHL and would not make Team Canada even if Canada was allowed to play five different teams in the Olympics. Heshka vs. Nikulin and Medvedev comparison is one way to point out the current decline of Russian hockey. A Canadian career minor league defenseman is better than at least two of Russia's olympic team defensemen.

2. Too many of the current "stars" of Russian hockey have poor hockey IQ and no hockey sense. They are purely goal scorers who cannot do much else. Ovechkin has never learned to play in the national team. He cannot pass and all he really does is to make one-man rushes that end up either to a blocked shot or a turn over. Kovalchuk is pretty much useless these days. Semin has deteriorated dramatically in 2-3 years. From the current Russian forwards only Malkin and grandpa Datsyuk have a hockey sense that can be compared to old Russian/Soviet greats.

Nichushkin looks very promising but he is still only 18 and cannot help yet. Tarasenko has always been a no show in the national team and his performance in Sochi has not shown that he can be a star in this level. Kuznetsov's future is uncertain. He once looked like a future superstar, but has not developed at all in the last two seasons. After Nichushkin, Tarasenko and Kuznetsov there are no young forwards worth mentioning. Grigorenko is a total bust and Yakupov has too small of a frame to be a star player for Russia. He is not built like tank like Makarov and Krutov were.


Right now Russia is miles behind Canada, the US and Sweden in player development. Even Finland could have a better group of top prospects than Russia. The creation of KHL and MHL has so far done nothing to improve Russian hockey.

Since when is Heshka our best D-man? He is the bunch of crap defensively that forces Medvedev who is really one of our best D-men to play in the defensive role not suited for him. Mr.Turnover Heshka.

And if Russia is "miles behind Canada" in regard of young players why exactly do we beat them at WJC every year?

Alessandro Seren Rosso 02-20-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atas2000 (Post 80202431)
Since when is Heshka our best D-man? He is the bunch of crap defensively that forces Medvedev who is really one of our best D-men to play in the defensive role not suited for him. Mr.Turnover Heshka.

And if Russia is "miles behind Canada" in regard of young players why exactly do we beat them at WJC every year?

Agreed 100%. Heshka is maybe the top scoring defenseman, definitely not the "better dman". He's zero defensively. Now, in the KHL, due to the style of the game, it can still be not too much of a liability, but there is a reason if he didn't do much in NA.

However, we beat them at WJC every year, that's true, but then we fail. Our system right now lacks in "middle age" players. I think it's not an easy stuff to address.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.