HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   How about this strategy? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=160577)

nikolai19 08-09-2005 11:55 AM

How about this strategy?

The day it is available...

Kings offer Marian Hossa an offer sheet for one year at $4.9 million. If Ottawa does not match, they owe 2 1st rounders, a 2nd and a 3rd.

or

Kings offer any of Brenden Morrow, Martin Havlat, Jason Spezza offer sheet for $3.9 million. If none match, Kings owe 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Knowing that we already have a third from Philly, esentially you can get these guys for 2 1sts, and a 2nd or a 1st and a 2nd.

I think LA is in a great position to do this because look at the farm system we have developed. WE have more than enough young guys, we have cap room and we could do this even if we have to pay Frolov and Cammalleri.

Plus, next year, Miller, Robitalle, Armstrong, and Klatt will come off the books. As well as possibly Norstrom and Roenick.

If we can get Hossa, Frolov, and Cammalleri signed for $11million and possibly trade someone like Armstrong or Klatt to a team that needs a vet we will still be well under the cap.

Peter James Bond 08-09-2005 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolai19
The day it is available...

Kings offer Marian Hossa an offer sheet for one year at $4.9 million. If Ottawa does not match, they owe 2 1st rounders, a 2nd and a 3rd.

or

Kings offer any of Brenden Morrow, Martin Havlat, Jason Spezza offer sheet for $3.9 million. If none match, Kings owe 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Knowing that we already have a third from Philly, esentially you can get these guys for 2 1sts, and a 2nd or a 1st and a 2nd.

I think LA is in a great position to do this because look at the farm system we have developed. WE have more than enough young guys, we have cap room and we could do this even if we have to pay Frolov and Cammalleri.

Plus, next year, Miller, Robitalle, Armstrong, and Klatt will come off the books. As well as possibly Norstrom and Roenick.

If we can get Hossa, Frolov, and Cammalleri signed for $11million and possibly trade someone like Armstrong or Klatt to a team that needs a vet we will still be well under the cap.

I highly subscribe to your idea and mix of players. However, I don't see Morrow being worth 3.9 million! What is his curent salary?

Fingolfin 08-09-2005 04:07 PM

If we're gonna throw offer sheets around, the man to get is Martin Havlat.

--
Fin

swinginutter* 08-09-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingolfin

--
Fin

I love the way Marty Havlat plays. But there is no way that guy would ever fit into AM's scheme. Marian Hossa would be the guy.
At this point I just don't see any drastic moves by this club, or they would have already pulled the trigger on free agency. They me be working hard right now, but that could be on filing or other office duties.

B-MEL 08-09-2005 04:18 PM

Heatley!!! or Kovalchuk

fuzzerson 08-09-2005 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingolfin

--
Fin

That is the thing, no one is going to be the first to go bid on a RFA. When was the last time that happened, Federov in 96-97?