HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sabres Need Toughness (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16084)

JOHNBOY 10-01-2003 03:16 PM

Sabres Need Toughness

Buf- Laraque
2nd Round Pick

Edm- Brown
3rd Round Pick

Sabres Get Toughness And Leadership Which They Are Lacking And Oilers Get Some Depth At Center Since Comrie Will Be Leaving Soon.

Buddha 10-01-2003 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Buf- Laraque
2nd Round Pick

Edm- Brown
3rd Round Pick

Sabres Get Toughness And Leadership Which They Are Lacking And Oilers Get Some Depth At Center Since Comrie Will Be Leaving Soon.

Let tehm bring McMorrow up he will be able to provide some toughness.

#37-#93-#27* 10-01-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Buf- Laraque
2nd Round Pick

Edm- Brown
3rd Round Pick

Oilers pass. Laraque's value to them is greater then any reasonable return in trade.

V for Voodoo 10-01-2003 03:34 PM

Peters will be a great enforcer for the Sabres this year.
What the Sabres really need is toughness on defense, picking up Todd Warriner is an easy solution

FacelessButcher 10-01-2003 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Oilers pass. Laraque's value to them is greater then any reasonable return in trade.

very true hes great in the community and is a fan favourite plus he is the best fighter in the league. I think some people take pride in the fact that Laraque can beat up anyone, it's like your team might beat ours but George Laraque can whoop every guy on your team and feed them their testicles through their nostrils. Yes its silly but when ur not the best team in the league its nice to take pride in something, I guess.

V for Voodoo 10-01-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arankys
Todd Warriner is a soft small forward.
Could you be thinking of ex-Sabre Rhett Warrener

i'm actually thinking of Todd Simpson, my mistake.

Takeo 10-01-2003 04:49 PM

What kind of package would Buffalo have to send to Calgary for Gauthier?

Blackshad 10-01-2003 04:57 PM

If you need toughness go search Traverse or Cwerzski in the draft of friday :D :D

cyrisweb 10-01-2003 05:08 PM

If you need toughness then pick up Darren Langdon. Not overly expensive, and a great team guy. Can fight pretty good as well.

hardcore_fan 10-01-2003 05:29 PM

The Sens left Wade Brookbank exposed for the waiver draft.If they are looking for a tough, capable 6th D-man , he's your guy.

KillToronto 10-01-2003 06:46 PM

Peters is really impressing everyone this pre-season/training camp. He looks tough as hell and with him, Mair, and McMorrow, I don't see the Sabres needing any toughness to be brought in via trades.