HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Are we going for Ovechkin? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16090)

Crusher20 10-01-2003 03:35 PM

Are we going for Ovechkin?
 
Ok, with all the players cut we can see one thing.. experiences isnt a factor anymore.. ok i like that but.. are we going for the top pick this season?? ok we have talent and young kids with unlimited potential.. but dont expect them to be a factor yet.. this team is really going to struggle big time this season.. i think it might be the plan.. go young, give experience to the kids and if we finnish last at least we have a incredible shot at Ovechkin... is that the plan???

any toughts??

Brisebois 10-01-2003 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusher20
Ok, with all the players cut we can see one thing.. experiences isnt a factor anymore.. ok i like that but.. are we going for the top pick this season?? ok we have talent and young kids with unlimited potential.. but dont expect them to be a factor yet.. this team is really going to struggle big time this season.. i think it might be the plan.. go young, give experience to the kids and if we finnish last at least we have a incredible shot at Ovechkin... is that the plan???

any toughts??

No, we're not going for Ovechkin. I figure we're going to get about 80 points this season. There are quite a few teams ahead of us in the Ovechkin race. :D

*Cough Buffalo cough*

Wildcat 10-01-2003 05:16 PM

If Hainsey and Beauchemin were cut instead of Dykhuis and Traverse, would you be saying the same thing? Either the youngsters are out performing the veterans or they’re under the microscope more, because to be it seems like they’re doing well.

I don’t think we’re “going” for Ovechkin. For us to be in the hunt for Ovechkin means too many things would have to go wrong this season, and I don’t want that. I’d rather be in the playoffs, and I’m sure Gainey feels that way too and will do everything in his power to achieve that.

On the other hand, Ovechkin would be nice. :joker:

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-01-2003 05:59 PM

I've been optimist for years but this year we'll really finnish in the bottom 5... For sure!

There's no dimension, no size, no heart and also no skills. We have only a few good players and it's not enough.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-01-2003 06:45 PM

sadly I can`t see the habs making the playoffs this year, but I also can`t see them doing worse than a team like Pittsburgh. I think we`ll have a pick in the top 7 but I don`t think we`ll manage to get the first overall pick.

theo6060 10-01-2003 07:27 PM

We are not going for Ovechkin. Get that thought out of your mind... The team's not going to be that good, but the kind of management we have, there is no way that the team is simply trying to get 1st overall. But if we finish 5th last, so be it, we could still get a good player like Rob Schremp or Wojtech Wolski. I am a little wary of Ovechkin, there's just something about him that's keeping me skeptical...

Darz 10-02-2003 05:07 AM

You guys must realize, we ARE making the playoffs this season!!!!!!
I give you my word.




*I also gave my boss my word that I would make it to work on time this morning, and ended up being 1/2 hr late. But that doesn't count*

Dutchy 10-02-2003 05:28 AM

I think that the playoffs are out of the question this year, although it's a sure deal for next season (again, whenever that happens).

I actually consider the Sabres to have a better chance than us to make the playoffs this year... :dunno:

Munchausen 10-02-2003 05:47 AM

We have to realize that we pretty much had the same players last year, everything went wrong and we still managed to finish near a playoff spot. We could have make it if the team had not crashed in flames at the very end, losing pretty much all the remaining key games.

So how can people say we're heading toward the bottom? That would mean everything went wrong again (lots of injuries, Theo colapsing, Julien not being able to have the players play within the system, etc.). I don't see that happening.

Or is it because we have a couple of youngsters more that some feel we're going to go downward? Come on... Are Hainsey and Bouillon worst than Traverse and Dykhuis? If anything we're going to go up just for the fact they're not here anymore.

Gilmour gone... He wasn't producing and was stealing ice time from a better player.

Petrov... Gone, was plain horrible

Defense... Was soft and weak, but Souray's back, Komisarek's in and Rivet's without a cast.

Lack of grit, size and heart... Ward and Ryder are in and more importantly, Czerkawski's gone.

Theodore... Can't do much worst than last year.


So I'm not saying we're going to finish 8th in the East but it would be quite surprising if we couldn't buy a run for it with the team we have. It's not like we'd lost our 2-3 best players without replacing them. They're still all here...

We have a strong D corps (much better than last year) and an excellent goaltending duo. Doesn't that count for anything?

theo6060 10-02-2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
You guys must realize, we ARE making the playoffs this season!!!!!!
I give you my word.




*I also gave my boss my word that I would make it to work on time this morning, and ended up being 1/2 hr late. But that doesn't count*

Woah! Careful Darz, that could be a bad omen!! ;)

Darz 03-15-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
You guys must realize, we ARE making the playoffs this season!!!!!!
I give you my word.

If we do, you will come off looking like a genuis! :D

Dutchy 03-15-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
I think that the playoffs are out of the question this year, although it's a sure deal for next season (again, whenever that happens).

I actually consider the Sabres to have a better chance than us to make the playoffs this year... :dunno:

OMG... Ok, I'll just shut the **** up now.

Hehe, it's still pretty funny ;)

L'abstrait 03-15-2004 03:19 PM

Nice work !
Funny how a team changes quickly!

How old is this thread originally? 5 months?

AK-47 03-15-2004 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABSTRAK
Nice work !
Funny how a team changes quickly!

How old is this thread originally? 5 months?


It should've stayed buried....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.