HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Who did you pretend to be growing up? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1609255)

Crease 02-22-2014 09:35 AM

Who did you pretend to be growing up?
 
Did this on the main board a few months ago and it was fun to see the responses. When playing street hockey/roller hockey/whatever, who did you pretend to be out there?

I had this random VHS of a late 80's Rangers/Penguins game in which Tomas Sandstrom scored twice. So I used to throw that on and pretend to be him while playing along to the commentary. I also really liked Darren Turcotte for some reason. I think it was the visor.

In goal, definitely Mike Richter.

ImIdaho 02-22-2014 09:42 AM

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...pa-d58fxw3.png


Then there was that TMNT phase..


Oh, you meant hockey!








http://images.forwallpaper.com/files...y-the-13th.jpg



________________________________

I had a "Messier" hockey stick. Really didn't pretend I was him but friends would call me Mark because of it.

jacko23 02-22-2014 09:54 AM

was that Messier stick one of the Louisville Lockjaws or whatever? i had one and i hated that thing!

i was always Pavel Bure growing up. i didn't have his speed, even compared to my friends, but it was nice to dream.

in goal i was always Richter

Lindberg Cheese 02-22-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crease (Post 80297281)
Did this on the main board a few months ago and it was fun to see the responses. When playing street hockey/roller hockey/whatever, who did you pretend to be out there?

I had this random VHS of a late 80's Rangers/Penguins game in which Tomas Sandstrom scored twice. So I used to throw that on and pretend to be him while playing along to the commentary. I also really liked Darren Turcotte for some reason. I think it was the visor.

In goal, definitely Mike Richter.

George McPhee. The run to the Wales finals in 85-86? Had an imprint on me and McPhee used to have to do all the fighting for the smurfs around that time, taking on Bad Dave Brown every time we played the flyers. Incredible heart. Most caps fans here whom I speak to have no idea that he was even a player.

slipknottin 02-22-2014 10:08 AM

Richter when I played goal. Leetch when I played D

Staxgod90 02-22-2014 10:12 AM

Never played ice hockey but whenever floor hockey came around in middle school I was always trying to do my best Jagr impression

x BEUKEBOOM x 02-22-2014 10:15 AM

Richter when I was in goal. Acrobats and all.

Theo Fleury (Calgary days) when I played forward.

Blue Blooded 02-22-2014 10:29 AM

Mats Sundin, Eric Lindros and Theo Fleury.

Tommy Salo as a goalie.

I had hipster tendencies even as a small child, preferring Canadians and the NHL while feeling all smug and superior. I even claimed to be rooting for Canada over Sweden for a while. Luckily I got over that.

Jabroni 02-22-2014 10:38 AM

In roller hockey, definitely as a goalie I emulated Dominik Hasek. Those Hasek rolls all day.

As a forward, I emulated a bunch of people, but mostly Marian Gaborik. I like to think I can take that quick snap shot. :laugh:

Cmox 02-22-2014 10:42 AM

A 13 year old girl in the NHL. haha

Lindberg Cheese 02-22-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Blooded (Post 80298807)
Mats Sundin, Eric Lindros and Theo Fleury.

Tommy Salo as a goalie.

I had hipster tendencies even as a small child, preferring Canadians and the NHL while feeling all smug and superior. I even claimed to be rooting for Canada over Sweden for a while. Luckily I got over that.

Mine is Dan Cloutier, hey I remember you!

Beacon 02-22-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmox (Post 80299641)
A 13 year old girl in the NHL. haha

So Crosby?

nyrpassion 02-22-2014 12:00 PM

Definitely the 1998 Czech Olympic team, mainly Jagr.
Also I lived in LA, so the LA Kings 1997-2000. Stumpel, Palffy haha.

broadwayblue 02-22-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 80301357)
So Crosby?

awesome!

DoTheBlue 02-22-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 80301357)
So Crosby?

Oh no you didn't

HatTrick Swayze 02-22-2014 12:41 PM

Mike modano, always

Zeshy25 02-22-2014 12:45 PM

Modano, Bure, Federov - young game breakers in the 90s with speed and hands. Good ol days

Leetch66 02-22-2014 12:46 PM

Giving away my age...Vic Hadfield . I was rugged and could find the back of the net when I stood in front of the net...whether it was on ice or on the pavement....and loved every minute of it . :)

White Plains Batman 02-22-2014 01:06 PM

Richter when I was in goal on roller blades.

Tikannen when I played wing as a teenager because I used to be gritty and get people angry.

Now I don't pretend to be anyone, I'm a cross between Ryan Callahan (work ethic and always getting bruised up) and 2005-06 Jaromir Jagr (carrying the logo of my company on my shoulders) at my job :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

aufheben 02-22-2014 02:22 PM

Bure!

gravey9 02-22-2014 02:25 PM

Sandstrom, LaRouche, Reijo Routsalenien, Leetch and in goal Beezer.

*Bob Richards* 02-22-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 80301357)
So Crosby?

rofl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG (Post 80298151)
Never played ice hockey but whenever floor hockey came around in middle school I was always trying to do my best Jagr impression

Same here. Jaromir was my hero when I was younger.

Hire Sather 02-22-2014 02:35 PM

Everyone. I would play floor hockey with myself and play out the whole game

Shoot it at myself and save it. On my knees. It was weird.

Late in 'games' I'd roll out a "bomb line" that would be some combanation of Messier, Gretzky, Graves, Robitaille, Kovalev, Leetch etc.

Machinehead 02-22-2014 02:40 PM

Stephane Matteau. I was almost 3 when he scored that goal and I remember that goal, and to a young Machinehead that guy was god.

Infinitum Vitae* 02-22-2014 02:56 PM

Leetch and young lidstrom when I played D (pretty much all the time) and Jagr and Messier when I was forward


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.