HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   game tonight v. san jose (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16098)

agentfouser 10-01-2003 04:43 PM

game tonight v. san jose

is there a game tonight, and would it happen to be in sacramento, and would it happen to be against san jose at 6.30 p on AM 710?

TubbyTerrion* 10-01-2003 04:44 PM

yes, yes, yes, no.
(no local radio coverage thanks to beisbol.)

Sam 10-01-2003 06:19 PM

Go to sjsharks.com and click on the Listen Live link to listen to the game. 0-0 right now.

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 06:58 PM

Huet is in goal.

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 06:59 PM

Kings going on the PP

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 07:01 PM

Damn Primeau scored shorthanded

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 07:12 PM

Dang Sharks just scored two quick goals

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 07:23 PM

Score Belanger! 3-1

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 07:24 PM

Stumpel to Robitaille 3-2 right back!!!!

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 07:30 PM

Tied up!! Pirnes goal on mistake by Fahey

KingPurpleDinosaur 10-01-2003 07:40 PM

how's huet doing? 3 quick goals isn't too good... :(

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
how's huet doing? 3 quick goals isn't too good... :(

It's hard to tell on the radio but....He made a major stick-handling error on the first goal, but defense broke down on the other two. It sounds like he has settled down now though. A couple of solid saves to start the third.

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 08:27 PM

OT coming. :eek:

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 08:33 PM

3-3 final.

kingbrath 10-01-2003 08:33 PM

how did Brown play tonight????

Legionnaire 10-01-2003 08:35 PM

He didn't score, but he was on the ice for the Pirnes goal. Overall, I think he played Ok, but it's hard to really tell just listening to it.

Captain Ron 10-01-2003 08:50 PM

According to the announcers the Pirnes-Sim-Brown line was always creating opportunities and they are all making a good case for making the opening night roster.

agentfouser 10-01-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
According to the announcers the Pirnes-Sim-Brown line was always creating opportunities and they are all making a good case for making the opening night roster.

pirnes is awesome. he really was a fantastic pickup, and i really think that he's going to get offensive icetime, and put up 15 to 20 goals and 40 or so points.

belanger scored another - he is really underrated by the rest of the league. he gets dismissed as a "spare part" anytime he's mentioned on the trade board, but i really see him as an integral part of this team.

Malakian#13 10-02-2003 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=agentfouser]pirnes is awesome. he really was a fantastic pickup, and i really think that he's going to get offensive icetime, and put up 15 to 20 goals and 40 or so points.
QUOTE]

anyone think that Pirnes has worked his way ahead of army on the depth chart? probablt to early to say that but I think it will happen soon.

1st 10 games of season

Frolov - Stumpel - Palffy
Deadmarsh - Pirnes - Brown
Robitaille - Armstrong - Klatt
Avery - E.Belanger - Lappy

scratches: Chartrand , Sim

after that..

Deadmarsh - Allison - Klatt
Frolov - Stumpel - Palffy
Robitaille - PIRNES - Cammy
Avery - Belanger - Lappy

scratches: Chartrand , Armstrong

Legionnaire 10-02-2003 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakian#13
anyone think that Pirnes has worked his way ahead of army on the depth chart? probablt to early to say that but I think it will happen soon.

Since Murray called Armstrong the best player in camp, I don't think it's going to happen. I may disagree with him, but since he gets to see these guys play every single day, I think I will trust his opinion.

Malakian#13 10-02-2003 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Since Murray called Armstrong the best player in camp, I don't think it's going to happen. I may disagree with him, but since he gets to see these guys play every single day, I think I will trust his opinion.

see i didn't know that.:)

TubbyTerrion* 10-02-2003 01:11 AM

Armstrong is one of Andy Murray's greatest assets. He can put him in virtually any position and always be assured of a great effort... albeit, his hands of stone will limit his production from time to time.

Cammalleri will end up playing in Manchester before he squeezes third and fourth line minutes from Armstrong. If Cammy is not playing A LOT in LA, he will most definitely be sent down to play on the Monarchs top line. Of that there is little question.

This is not a slight to Cammalleri, but merely a positive development move. Armstrong can sit on the bench or in street clothes once in a while. Cammalleri should be out there taking regular shifts on the PP, and even strength.

Game Misconduct 10-02-2003 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Cammalleri should be out there taking regular shifts on the PP, and even strength.

Not PK?

IGM 10-02-2003 07:20 AM

I agree with that. If Army only had hands he would be one of the better players in the league. I watched him miss wide from less than ten feet away so many times last season that I had a stomach ache. (and a couple of times at camp too)

Pirnes sure is playing well enough in game situations to make a good argument for him to stay. He looks good in camp too. He is a very neat skater in that he doesn't waste any motion. He doesn't need to pump his arms really hard the way allot of skaters do to try and build thrust momentum. I think he is a good player but would want to see him in a dozen or so regular season games before I made my final judgement on him. The thing with over aged Euro's is that when they play against allot of other prospects they look really good. Then they seem to become invisible against the NHL regulars. I sure hope that he makes it.

agentfouser 10-02-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakian#13

i don't think that its so much that pirnes has worked himself ahead of armstrong on the depth chart; rather, i think pirnes has shown quite a bit of offensive spark. i'm not sure how good pirnes is defensively, but armstrong can play in any situation. even on the third line, he could put up decent numbers alongside, or in place of, eric belanger. pirnes, on the other hand may not be so versatile, and may be better suited to contribute in an offensive capacity.

still though, i'm not sure how pirnes will be defensively, and if that will limit his situational effectiveness.