HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2005: 26-50 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=160992)

Joe T Choker 08-10-2005 12:57 PM

Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2005: 26-50

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Shea Weber # 48 ... I expect 1 to 2 more players in the top 25

romo 08-10-2005 01:12 PM

Weber is ranked as Nashville's #2 prospect behind Ryan Suter so its likely only Suter will be in the top 25.

barrytrotzsneck 08-10-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romo
Weber is ranked as Nashville's #2 prospect behind Ryan Suter so its likely only Suter will be in the top 25.

In the past, that hasn't mattered. Different people put different prospects in different positions. The Nashville prospects page wasn't done by committee...this list was. We'll have to wait and see.

lstcyr 08-10-2005 10:15 PM

Since the article listed the teams that had more than two prospects and we weren't one of them, it's a pretty safe bet that Suter is the only other Pred on the list. :D

triggrman 08-11-2005 07:26 AM

I think it's funny Radulov isn't listed and Schremp is. Poll after poll on the two always has Radulov on top..... Anyway, I'm not sweating it.

Enoch 08-11-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I think it's funny Radulov isn't listed and Schremp is. Poll after poll on the two always has Radulov on top..... Anyway, I'm not sweating it.

Yeah, its lame, but it really doesn't matter. We have built our team through drafting, and it will pay off in the future years.

SmokeyClause 08-11-2005 03:46 PM

Well, HF is known for it's hype. Schremp was incredibly hyped in his draft year. He continued it into his post draft year because of his high profile presence on London. Is he really better than Radulov? His numbers are better but given the situation both were in, it could easily be argued that Raddy's year was better.

But hype is important. When you don't have a chance to see every player on the list night in and night out, you have to go on what you hear and read. That's where hype comes in. It's what makes guys like O'Sullivan top 30 prospects. I'm not saying these guys don't deserve it, just that their inclusion (and where they are ranked) is based a lot on hype. I guess hype might be the wrong word as it tends to imply falsehood. Maybe it's more like a buzz surrounding certain players. It's not criminal; it's understandable. You can't expect a team of writers to have seen everyone.

Joe T Choker 08-12-2005 11:23 AM

Suter top 10 ... lets hear predictions on who your top 10 is

NH_Predsfan 08-12-2005 12:33 PM

I'm curious to see how they rank Suter vs. Phaneuf.

Slats432 08-12-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH_Predsfan
I'm curious to see how they rank Suter vs. Phaneuf.

Don't be surprised but generally Phanuef is widely regarded as a better prospect. He has a stronger physical game and compares equally to Suter in other facets of the game.

As the former Preds writer, I wouldn't have a problem having the 2nd best defensive prospect in the world on my team. :)

barrytrotzsneck 08-12-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slats432
Don't be surprised but generally Phanuef is widely regarded as a better prospect. He has a stronger physical game and compares equally to Suter in other facets of the game.

As the former Preds writer, I wouldn't have a problem having the 2nd best defensive prospect in the world on my team. :)

That's fine. We have Weber, who'll turn out better than Phaneuf, anyway ;)

NH_Predsfan 08-12-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised at all. In fact, I'm expecting it. What I think I'd disagree with is if they put Suter at 10 and Phaneuf at something like 3 or 4...because I don't think there's that large a difference between them.

Then again, I think it's really difficult to make these types of comparisons. We'll see what happens in a few years. In the meantime, this is entertaining fodder for the homers (and the rest of us). :D

Slats432 08-12-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH_Predsfan
I wouldn't be surprised at all. In fact, I'm expecting it. What I think I'd disagree with is if they put Suter at 10 and Phaneuf at something like 3 or 4...because I don't think there's that large a difference between them.

Then again, I think it's really difficult to make these types of comparisons. We'll see what happens in a few years. In the meantime, this is entertaining fodder for the homers (and the rest of us). :D

Well....let me see....

Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin
Lehtonen

To me that is almost automatic. I would give the nod to Zherdev as well...I see the difference being from 6-10 at worst. And personally, if MAF is in the top 10, I would have him 10th. So 6-9 but when you are talking about the two best defensive prospects in the world, it is 1-2, and the rest is optics. :)

NH_Predsfan 08-12-2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

Well....let me see....

Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin
Lehtonen

To me that is almost automatic. I would give the nod to Zherdev as well...I see the difference being from 6-10 at worst. And personally, if MAF is in the top 10, I would have him 10th. So 6-9 but when you are talking about the two best defensive prospects in the world, it is 1-2, and the rest is optics. :)

Exactly...I'm not going to complain if we're talking about a 7-10 split. And I'll be real curious in 3 years to see which is the better NHL D-man.

Upchuck19 08-14-2005 09:42 AM

42. Andrej Meszaros, D, Ottawa Senators
finishing among the top 15 defensemen in scoring with 41 points in just 59 games. The totals also placed him among the top six in rookies in the WHL. The smooth skating 60, 195 lb defenseman
39. Brent Seabrook, D, Chicago Blackhawks
14. Braydon Coburn, D, Atlanta Thrashers
11. Cam Barker, D, Chicago Blackhawks

I don't find too much credit to the HF staff's opinions, Weber is alot better d-man than Seabrook, Coburn and Barker. Shea out played all three at world juniors and these three are ranked higher?

Meszaros I seen 6 to 8 times last year and is no way in Webers league. Meszaros is more offensive than Weber and they both had 41 points? Meszaros is very average defensively and he is ranked six higher than Weber?

Take these rankings for what you want, I don't hold any value in these rankings.