HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Mike Keane and Matin Grenier (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16102)

Mack 10-01-2003 04:57 PM

Mike Keane and Matin Grenier

I know Keane was signed to a try out only contract but has he impressed at the canucks training camp? Is he going to stay as a extra with the team?

When the canucks traded for Martin Grenier was it to develope him? Do you think he is in the Canucks plans? Im sure he is going to be in Manitoba this year.

Fedz 10-01-2003 05:06 PM

Mike Keane -Will be signed, 13th forward

Martin Grenier- Will be a key part of the Moose, and will get some ice time with the Nucks this year!

canucksfan 10-01-2003 05:08 PM

I think Keane will be the 13th forward and Grenier will play for the Moose. He might play in a couple of games this year.

Mack 10-01-2003 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedz
Mike Keane -Will be signed, 13th forward

Martin Grenier- Will be a key part of the Moose, and will get some ice time with the Nucks this year!

Yea sorry about the spelling mistake in the title.

He'll get time with the canucks this year? as the 6th most likley. and will also most likey be a injury call up right?

Ive been watching him since he was drafted by the Avs and once year he racked up over 400 pims, in the quebec league. I havent seen much of him since he went to boston, does he still play with a mean streak andf has he worked on his skating? a few years ago he was below average in the skating department.

maruk14 10-01-2003 05:19 PM

I guess I am in the minority here but I don't think Keane will be signed. I think Langdon will be the 13th forward, and the 14th spot will be left open for callups from the Moose.

Grenier will start the year for the Moose, but will see action in Vancouver if one of Langdon or May goes down, which is probably likely given May's injury history and both those guys chosen profession.

Burke's Evil Spirit 10-01-2003 05:39 PM

Grenier will be the 9th Canuck defenceman...8th if Baumgartner is claimed off waivers. Burke has said he'll get approximately half a dozen games.

orcatown 10-01-2003 06:18 PM

Keane has been Keane and on the play deserves a contract. I think he has shown he's still a legit 3th or 4th liner who will score some. Has done nothing in this pre-season to suggest he is done. Provides excellent insurance in case of injury or in case someone like Ruutu doesn't pan out.

Another factor is that he creates the possibility of a trade involving someone like Ruutu during the Year.

In the case of Grenier he has to elevate his play. He needs to play with more urgency and meanness. He's slow footed and and slow to support the play. I like how he keeps it simple but must do more than simply ice the puck. Skates very poorly with the puck and tends just to lop it out.

Would be the nice if the Canucks could convert him to wing and then just wield him out when some heavy duty fighting was required. Lack of speed makes this a doubtful option.

It too bad we couldn't put Marc Andre Roy in Grenier's body. That would be someone you like to stay away from.

Castor Troy 10-01-2003 06:27 PM

no to Keane

I don't think Keane will be signed either. I'd like to see King start the year with the big club (provided he keeps shooting in the next two games) for the first month or so. If he contributes, Burke has a nice problem in having many quality depth players, two solid scoring lines, and not enough spots. If he doesn't, send him down to Manitoba and give a few other prospects a couple games each. I think we'd all like to see Kesler, Grenier, and Reid get a chance to show what they can do with the big boys.

kmad 10-01-2003 06:29 PM

I think Grenier was signed specifically to help out the Moose

Fedz 10-01-2003 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack
Yea sorry about the spelling mistake in the title.

He'll get time with the canucks this year? as the 6th most likley. and will also most likey be a injury call up right?

Ive been watching him since he was drafted by the Avs and once year he racked up over 400 pims, in the quebec league. I havent seen much of him since he went to boston, does he still play with a mean streak andf has he worked on his skating? a few years ago he was below average in the skating department.

Burke said he'd get ice time with the nucks, and i think he will, he and Mojsiz are next on the list to be called up, IMO